best way to get everything (dlcs etc) for ps4

HumBugZ707

So i recently discovered this game on switch (Yeah....) after i had beat breath of the wild and it is just ridiculously addicting even on such a crap platform but i wanna get it and all the extras on ps4. which is the best way to go about it? i see there is a explorers edition.. does that have everything? the center etc etc if not then what is seperate. and if i had to buy base game will i have to buy an online account to purchase any exluded dlc? Help me out. Im trying to get to punching tree with actual graphics ASAP

You can get either the main game + season pass, or the explorer pack. I’m not sure what the price difference is; I know the season pass comes with a bunch of cosmetics; not sure if there are any other differences. I personally bought the survivors pack, which was the main game + scorched earth, then bought the other 2 dlcs independently (which I don’t recommend; I should have bought the season pass instead). I don’t think the survivors pack is still for sale, I could be wrong though.

55 minutes ago, HumBugZ707 said:

thanks. so the season pass includes it all though? 

All current yes. The only DLC are Scorched, Aberration and Extinction. The Center and Ragnarok are free mod program maps added into the base game. You naturally unlock by ascending but they might have patched that now. In short, the base game will include center and rag, buy the seasons pass so you dont miss any of the current maps. 

Don't, just don't. Get your money back on the switch and walk away at this point. All console support is dreadful, and it just keeps getting worse. Every patch and every update breaks the game more and more, even on private servers and single player.

I stopped recommending Ark a year ago, and now I recommend against it. I still play it, so go figure, but don't start playing it. Just walk away and wait for something better (hint: NOT ATLAS!!!!)

im already hooked and that was on the switch i just couldnt handle the graphics anymore. i never went and fought ant bosses i was still gathering artifacts and said raptor it and drove to the closest town but yeah anyway so D1 the base disc game i just bought at target has the center and rag on it or i have to get on psn and download it for free? My bad if these are stupid questions. this game is so much more technical then any other game I've played but i usually stay to console. You've both been helpful for sure. I just hope the ps4 doesnt crash like every other hour like switch did/does when it gets hot or when i build a platform saddle base... yeah the switch was like uh..nope! 

DILO idk what is with studiowildcard but youd think same game different platform may differ a bit basically thr same thing... ps4 version isnt at all like switch. great graohics... but anyone explain to me why everytime i go to main menu and go from either the center or the island i have too keep making a new character. i dont change the settings thought that may be why and then i thought maybe i can only do one at a time so i start the island level up cpl times go to main and go right back into it and have to start over. i only play single player offline... on the switch if i go to main menu it saves and i can turn it off and do whatever i want.. turn it back on and boom right back where i was... like DILO this isnt even the same game... 50bucks raptorin wasted unless o can figure out how to stop it fron making me start over... literally create a survivor everytime? raptor that. it worked for me once but idk DILO i did..

8 hours ago, HumBugZ707 said:

DILO idk what is with studiowildcard but youd think same game different platform may differ a bit basically thr same thing... ps4 version isnt at all like switch. great graohics... but anyone explain to me why everytime i go to main menu and go from either the center or the island i have too keep making a new character. i dont change the settings thought that may be why and then i thought maybe i can only do one at a time so i start the island level up cpl times go to main and go right back into it and have to start over. i only play single player offline... on the switch if i go to main menu it saves and i can turn it off and do whatever i want.. turn it back on and boom right back where i was... like DILO this isnt even the same game... 50bucks raptorin wasted unless o can figure out how to stop it fron making me start over... literally create a survivor everytime? raptor that. it worked for me once but idk DILO i did..

I’m not sure what you mean, it makes sense that you have to create a new character for each map (unless you transfer your character via one of the obelisks) but you shouldn’t have to create a new character every time you log on to the same map. 

i.e. moving from the island to the center will force you to create a new character unless you upload your character to one of the obelisks first. 

so i have the base game on disc and want to buy all the dlc and then ipdate them all too. also mind you i just hit download on from the base game to current and its...35gb.. idc bout the space but im out in the woods lol Im using my wifi hotspot so im literally gonna have to pay 40 just to get the damn update... so please can anyone tell me what the file size of each of them (dlc expansions and maps) are or the season pass file size with all the updates is. so i can do this math and figure out just how much this ridiculous addiction to this game is gonna cost me...

Archived