Why is Wildcard deleting my support tickets?

AndrewLB

I just went to check on a support ticket I filed the other day regarding an egg thief, along with ample evidence proving he stole them (heck, he straight up admitted it), and my ticket is now gone. and nothing has happened to the thief. I know at least a half dozen other players on various servers who have also had eggs stolen, two of which also had their tickets deleted. What is going on here?

@Jatheish

Are you on a PVP server? Because I thought running the risk of someone killing you/your tames/destroying your buildings/stealing your stuff including your dino eggs was just part of the game on those servers? I've seen raiding videos online where players made a point of sneaking/breaking into other peoples' bases specifically to steal their fertilized eggs. Heck one I watched had a guy who filmed himself watching members of another tribe outside their base incubating some rex eggs and he swooped down and stole it right in front of them. Sucks definitely, but if it's a PVP server I don't think they'd punish the egg thief for doing something pvp-related.  If it's NOT a pvp server...well dang, I'm glad I don't have anything worth stealing .

I'm legitimately curious...can other players pick up/steal (as in non tribe members) your eggs on PVE servers? I understand on pvp servers...robbing other players is part of the game there, which is why I don't play on them. As for the incubator idea....S+ has a hatchery, it automatically collects fertilized eggs and incubates them down to 1% and stops it just before hatching to collect at your leisure. If they wanted to they COULD make an 'official' version of that.

15 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

wildcard needs to disable the ability to pick up other peoples eggs, problem solved.

I rarely disagree with anything Bert says but on this occassion, it would make trading slightly more annoying. I generally just drop eggs on the floor for allies to pick up. I guess I could go to the hassle of unlocking a safe and getting them to take it from there but I think I prefer the simplicity of just dropping an egg. 

On this occassion, the OP should just ensure that there base is as secure as can be. I know people glitch in and out but hoping this is rare rather than the norm. I play on PvE but still have a locked door to my hatchery so that the eggs are safe.

29 minutes ago, Anarki said:

I rarely disagree with anything Bert says but on this occassion, it would make trading slightly more annoying. I generally just drop eggs on the floor for allies to pick up. I guess I could go to the hassle of unlocking a safe and getting them to take it from there but I think I prefer the simplicity of just dropping an egg. 

On this occassion, the OP should just ensure that there base is as secure as can be. I know people glitch in and out but hoping this is rare rather than the norm. I play on PvE but still have a locked door to my hatchery so that the eggs are safe.

i must have done 400 trades by now and rarely do i drop eggs, i trade in transmitters tribute or in storage boxes, for me such a change will have no impact.
wildcard could also put a 20 seconds window on it so others can pickup the egg in this time.

10 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

i must have done 400 trades by now and rarely do i drop eggs, i trade in transmitters tribute or in storage boxes, for me such a change will have no impact.
wildcard could also put a 20 seconds window on it so others can pickup the egg in this time.

Now thats an idea... I like that

18 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

wildcard needs to disable the ability to pick up other peoples eggs, problem solved.

Would be ok for as long as tribemates and allies can still pick them up.

Even better with the 20 second cooldown for random people (or 30, to match the structure pickup). 

But implementing that would probably lead to wyvern and drake eggs being locked to their nests for months...

Archived