It’s February - Get Rid of the Christmas Dinosaurs!

Myrm

It’s mid-February, so why am I still see Christmas -themed dinosaurs walking about in the game?  Ones with Christmas hats and Christmas lights on them.  Just downloaded the Valentine update, and I assumed the Christmas dinos would be gone by now.  But nope. They are still there.  It was a novelty to see for a while, but it’s looking silly now. :(

7 minutes ago, Blindboy1990 said:

The event ended a while ago for official. Mine never ended either I had to disable events. but now i want the valentines event and the Christmas one is back again.

Are you guys using Nitrado servers too by any chance?

Same happened to our Nitrado as confirmed by our admin

I like raptor claus' loot but man.. I was so happy to not hear the music again

• 2 weeks later...

After the Winter Wonderland event ended on official servers, it took forever for it to end on the Nitrado server I play on. In fact, it didn't end until the Valentine's event kicked in. Now, the Valentine's has come and gone (boosted rates and special drops no longer in effect)... and there are STILL a few GachaClauses and festive red/green dinos wandering the map.

I guess it would take a wipe of all wild dinos to fully reset things.

On 2/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, TargetOne said:

... I guess it would take a wipe of all wild dinos to fully reset things.

I didn't think of that.  If I use the kill all wild dinos wipe command, does it automatically repopulate the wild dinos, or do I have to enter a new command for that?

Oh, and I am assuming my tame dinos will be safe?

Thank you.

On 2/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, TargetOne said:

I guess it would take a wipe of all wild dinos to fully reset things.

Update: Thank you @TargetOneyour suggestion of the kill wild dinos worked!  All the Christmas, and awful brightly coloured green and red dinos have gone.  After the kill command was activated all the wild dinos indeed died, taking only about 5 minutes before they started re-spawning again - with no Christmas dinos.  Thanks again.

@Myrm,  If your server has a low player population it is a good idea to run the kill command on a regular basis. Without a bunch of bases blocking spawn points and players culling dinos to fill food troughs, the dino population can become excessively large. Too many dinos will degrade server performance. My wife and I have a private server cluster for just the two of us, and the company we rent from has suggested we do a kill command every three days or so.

3 hours ago, edandbunny said:

@Myrm,  If your server has a low player population it is a good idea to run the kill command on a regular basis. Without a bunch of bases blocking spawn points and players culling dinos to fill food troughs, the dino population can become excessively large. Too many dinos will degrade server performance. My wife and I have a private server cluster for just the two of us, and the company we rent from has suggested we do a kill command every three days or so.

Too many dino wipes is detrimental to the longevity of the server, watch the RAM while you dino wipe, youd be amazed

3 hours ago, edandbunny said:

Hi

I play on local (Solo) mode.  I have considered getting a private server for me and a few friends, but I have no idea what to do or where to start ? 

3 minutes ago, Myrm said:

Hi

I play on local (Solo) mode.  I have considered getting a private server for me and a few friends, but I have no idea what to do or where to start ? 

What platform? Its pretty easy to set up a basic server. More complex settings need .ini modification but a regular server with regular settings is just fine for most. Pretty easy to just rent one from Nitrado. Best thing I ever did, to play on these servers.

Archived