Just got the new update on PC. Only my character now whistles flyer land randomly. There is no key binding to change it, have restarted, reloaded, transfered servers, everything but complete uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I know its the new feature cause as soon as i hop off a flying mount, and it whistles, the mount lands

Same issue for us on our unnoficial server. I can confirm that unplugging my xbox one gamepad from the pc stops the whistling for me. switching to a different Xbox one gamepad doesn't seem to help. I did not pull an Xbox 360 gamepad out of my shed yet to try that but they require similar but ultimately different hardware drivers for PC so it may be worth a shot if anybody has one laying around. I submitted a bug report on this issue hopefully they get this cleared up.

1 hour ago, Sijileroux said:

I posted this same issue over on the reddit forum (r/playark). A nice person there suggested a fix for this but I am unable to use it myself due to permissions issues with Windows 10. Here is a link to their suggestion. YMMV.

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/apxz3l/constant_whistling_after_patch/

I agree with democules this might not work if key mapping is the issue. But as far as the permission issues you're having: you can claim ownership of the windows apps folder, do a Google search for claiming file/folder ownership. This will get you in to mess with .ini's for your windows apps in this case ark. If this is not your permission issue disregard this lol I'm just assuming you have the W10 version like me and I had to do this to get at my ark .inis within the windows apps folder.