Managarmr vertical strafe

mceyl

With the latest update, Managarmrs no longer seem to be able to gain elevation by targeting upwards and strafing forward. They simply move forward in the same altitude. Was this an intended change?

Now getting up to my skyscraper base from ground costs significantly more stamina with jumps alone, and requires multiple steps.

28 minutes ago, mceyl said:

Has it? I did run some materials up and down right before the valentine's patch with strafing up, and noticed the change afterwards; but it's entirely possible. I'll experiment with it some more when I find the chance, but overall, this is a big hit to mobility for me.

Well, with people constantly maining Managarmr for PvP and so many wanting it nerfed even though it is theroically not possible to nerf without messing up the entirety of its functionality in PvE,  it won't be surprising if this was implemented as a hidden update.

4 hours ago, mceyl said:

Has it? I did run some materials up and down right before the valentine's patch with strafing up, and noticed the change afterwards; but it's entirely possible. I'll experiment with it some more when I find the chance, but overall, this is a big hit to mobility for me.

Are you console? Remember we just got the patch manas had a few weeks ago on PC last night

I think it needs to be changed a tad, lower stam consumption of jumps but keep same for boosts. Ice beam now starts at low damage, builds higher yhe longer you focus on a target,making it good for PvE and makes it only good inna skilled pvpers hands (avoid to take little dmg) also raise breath stam cost 10-20% 

Just an idea randomly

• 2 weeks later...

As it is econimically impossible to split PVP and PVE into basically two separate games, PVP needs to stop crying. While I understand that the insanely hardcore play mechanics that they deal with, they whine more then in any other game. Anytime something comes out with a new mechanic (and therefore a new defense strategy), seems PVPers are STRONGLY against it. IMO it seems the people from the larger and Alpha tribes are the worst... Sometimes it feels like they don't believe that anyone not in a Mega tribe shouldn't have more then a couple of 1x1 metal bases scattered around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 6:59 AM, MesoMan said:

As it is econimically impossible to split PVP and PVE into basically two separate games

It's economically smart to split PvP and PvE balancing. More people play the game that way, because one side of the communities bickering and issues doesn't affect the balance of the other side. Not splitting PvP and PvE balance has easily been one of the worst decisions Wildcard has ever made with Ark. 

17 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

It's economically smart to split PvP and PvE balancing.

Before saying if it is smart or not, you need to consider 'effort cost to support PVE as dedicated line' VS 'population growth on servers'... it won't necessarily make sense for WC... as well as 'proper UAT before release' VS 'population butthurt'  (facepalm.gif)

Archived