You can't succeed in this game.

Worstgameever

22 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

But the only reason I chimed up here to begin with is due to the OP falsely stating that PvP players who are better/more powerful have issues in real life cause they partake in killing weaklings in a game.

Yeah, this right here is a stupid strawman argument they are making. It's the mark of a bad sport. Probably received trophies in school for simply attending sports events.

If we are going to talk about issues in real life because of virtual actions taken in a simulation. Why are the Feminists super quiet about billions of male characters dying in games, but as soon as a single game shows violence or harm against a female character, suddenly it's a crime against women, misogyny!!!!!!!????? So only men can die, but omg not women? And they make this outrageous argument based upon the false idea that you will see or do something in a game, and then suddenly go into real life and mimic it there, like as if we're stupid or something. There are many scientific studies that debunk this bull on so many levels. The studies that tried to support this kind of falty reasoning turned out to be peer reviewed and then tossed out as junk, because of the various reasons stated, such as fraudulent data, illogical reasoning to conclusions that fly in to the face of the facts of the same study, or the data was shown to be tampered with, or the group for analysis was cherry-picked and again results tampered with. I can keep going. One study that got peer reviewed and was shown to be faulty, when they tried to reach out to the person responsible, he ran and could not be reached for contact. Sadly the same ideology-driven pseudo scientists tried to approach Donald Trump last year to push the narrative that games make killers and misogynists. Nobody ever talks about misandry. Yeah, of course that didn't go so well, pushing pseudo science into politics, and made Donald Trump look even more stupid than normal. Sad, because the "God Emperor Trump"(link) sometimes says intelligent things and you can actually agree with what he says. But then turns around and says stupid things like this : "I think I am, actually humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand.—"60 Minutes" interview, July 17, 2016

I think if we are going to talk about real life issues with gaming, it should be about the fake news game journalists who are actually activists who don't know anything about journalism ethics. This is what gamer-gate was actually about, but sadly the same corrupt people tried to make it about women being harassed online, wahhhhh. I am a woman, and I don't enjoy having my own gender discriminated against by these cry baby professional victims who try to paint all women as fragile little beings that need to be sheltered and protected, and at the same time need representation. Every body gets pooped on in the online space. Stop with the equity crap, and start working on actual equality. People, if you want to be better than crap, do something for yourself and put in effort. Fight for actual fair.

14 hours ago, Worstgameever said:

"Better than you at pvp" = A guy on a wyvern killing you on a parasaur and destroying everything you have, and not even looting it. These people have serious problems and I imagine youre one of them. Save your money people and buy a game that's worth a penny. This is literally #TheWorstGameEver

Thats your issue... dont tame a parasaur. It wont win you anything.

Try PvE if you dont have the time for PvP

Many game modes, find ones that suit you. WC dont make a game that a particular mode will work for everyone. They wont make a game suited to 'your' needs but to the majority.

Many people have succeeded at ARK, but what are your objectives, once you have these you can start to work towards it to succeed.

Dont hate the game, hate the players, and find a server where you fit in.

Seriously OP theres many ways to hide your stuff and remain hidden while playing. This really really helps with the frustration early game. Hit up YouTube guides made by the likes of muntage gaming, six shadows, hod gaming, uncle apex, gtjack3d. Some tips are hide storage crates under stone foundations, once you have a flier and are more established with metal bury your stuff in a purlovia instead, have multiple beds set up in 1x1 with a prefabbed base so you can get back on your feet when you get wiped, likewise you can do this with a submerged vault instead, do not build a base near a spawn point or obelisk, do not leave tames out when you log off if you have cryoballs, only tame a parasaur to get you on your feet with narcotics to tame a heavy duty flier like an argy. 

My Advice for newbies on PvP.

HIDE!

Thats it :)

But seriously.. if you are struggling on PvP but you are determined like me to prevail no matter what I will guide you :)

Start off by finding deserted land near stone, wood and Thatch, and metal and crystal resources. build very compact and only tame 

Argy =easy

Anky=Easy

Trike = easy.

These give you everything you need to begin the seed stage.

Do you ever see a built and working base on a beach? or in a massive flat ground area? no.. and DONT build a that hut on the beach by a spawn location, kill yourself and look at the spawn location, AVOID THEM as far as possible... you may find a small hideawy in between rocks or tiny cave, or trees with poor visability! DO NOT CHOP DOWN THOSE TREES AND SHRUBS! 

Start by making a simple foundation then kill dodo's for hide, they are quite generous, build a bed and mortar and pestal, then a forge and smithy, METAL TOOLS ARE BASIC RULES! 

Make hide armour as the main armour, cheap and easy to repair. 

Now you have these basics, grab a few berries and create a crossbow and tranq arrows. If you are falling behind levels just keep running about for explorer notes before you get started. HP Food and Water I recommend getting to 200 each asap and then work on your weight.

Now you have these EXTREME basics! get a very low level anky and Argy.. low level means fast and tbh if they die you dont care half as much.

Anky will get berries, wood, thatch, stones, flint and metal and crystal etc, very uselful to build a stone 3x3. pop a stone gates down to house them whilst you go off.. 

Argy will help you get the anky to metal and oil resources. 

Now pre fab metal structures and use the argy to find a hidden spot and place down ya basics and build from there. 

Hidden spots are usually empty areas with low resources and sky coverage like under a mountain lip, behind a water fall etc.. once turrets are down you will feel safe and then its down to your dinos and pvp skills to defend and survive, PSX and Turrets will deter noobs and give you some confidence in logging off.

GL

I didn't even bother with trying pvp servers at all. It's just not my style to find enjoyment in killing/stealing stuff from another player just trying to survive like me, and surviving/getting started on Ark is challenging enough just with the wildlife to worry about, let alone other survivors XD  To me it just reminds me of zombie apocalypse scenarios...nearly everything in the world is trying to kill you, but by all means let's start killing each other too lol

On 2/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, Worstgameever said:

How can you? Work many hours building and getting tamed dinosaurs and some nerd comes through on something that overpowers everything you can possibly get and destroys everything. You can be online or offline, it happens every day. Literally. This game is beyond stupid. So poorly made, many bugs/glitches, and so many real life losers, you cannot succeed in this game.

#1 - calling people "real life losers" doesn't make you look cool and sophisticated, it makes you look like a child who is having a tantrum. Insulting people because you don't like the game play is just going to make people roll their eyes at you (and some will see it as a green light to insult you back).

#2 - ARK has some of the most brutal PvP of any game you will play, that's true. It's time consuming and can be frustrating, you should strongly consider playing single player for a while, or try PvE, or if you really want to play on public servers then you will want to look for a tribe. It's extremely difficult to play solo on a PvP server, you're just asking for pain. PvP in this game is destructive, and nothing you complain about is going to change that. Some people just want to watch the world burn, and those people are going to wreck your base for the fun of it, that's simply how PvP works here.

5 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

#1 - calling people "real life losers" doesn't make you look cool and sophisticated, it makes you look like a child who is having a tantrum. Insulting people because you don't like the game play is just going to make people roll their eyes at you (and some will see it as a green light to insult you back).

#2 - ARK has some of the most brutal PvP of any game you will play, that's true. It's time consuming and can be frustrating, you should strongly consider playing single player for a while, or try PvE, or if you really want to play on public servers then you will want to look for a tribe. It's extremely difficult to play solo on a PvP server, you're just asking for pain. PvP in this game is destructive, and nothing you complain about is going to change that. Some people just want to watch the world burn, and those people are going to wreck your base for the fun of it, that's simply how PvP works here.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

As others have said join a Tribe if you want to play PvP.

OR 

If you choose to play solo on PvP then keep in mind the map is only so big and it can only support so many gorilla fighters.

Some find niches and manage to survive.

Others well they become fodder, and well distractions for those that survive.

I will just leave this here as food for thought.

Two campers are walking through the woods when a huge brown bear suddenly appears in the clearing about 50 feet in front of them. The bear sees the campers and begins to head toward them. The first guys drops his backpack, digs out a pair of sneakers, and frantically begins to put them on. The second guys says, "What are you doing? Sneakers won’t help you outrun that bear." "I don't need to outrun the bear," the first guy says. "I just need to outrun you."

4 minutes ago, Korizan said:

As others have said join a Tribe if you want to play PvP.

OR 

If you choose to play solo on PvP then keep in mind the map is only so big and it can only support so many gorilla fighters.

Some find niches and manage to survive.

Others well they become fodder, and well distractions for those that survive.

I will just leave this here as food for thought.

Two campers are walking through the woods when a huge brown bear suddenly appears in the clearing about 50 feet in front of them. The bear sees the campers and begins to head toward them. The first guys drops his backpack, digs out a pair of sneakers, and frantically begins to put them on. The second guys says, "What are you doing? Sneakers won’t help you outrun that bear." "I don't need to outrun the bear," the first guy says. "I just need to outrun you."

Feed your tribemates to a Dire Bear.  This is the way to foster a strong PvP bond.

The ARK PvP community version of that story is:

Two Allianced Survivors come across a Dire Bear.  One survivor tranqs the other one and sprints away at 180% movement speed.  The Dire Bear eats the KOed survivor and has absolutely no hope of catching the other survivor.  The eaten survivor respawns at base, leaves the alliance, goes to the one survivor's base and trolls his tames with a Managarmr.

5 minutes ago, Brogar said:

Is there actual  PvP in Ark. All I hear is people acting all tough when others aren't around to defend. 

I was in official ORP and allied with the alpha, i helped them on so many raids. Eventually they decided to go into lockdown mode and wipe everyone not allied, and they were picky on friends. So i left when they started vaguely threatening me because I wasn’t a no lifer, saying how i wasn’t good enough of a grinder. Mind you, I was solo.

We attacked normal sized to larger tribes who could handle being raided, and both sides had a lot of fun. We didn’t cripple anyone and eventually gave stuff back, as ORP was a secluded 3 map cluster at the time.

But yeah, pvp can be fun when it’s fair and not miserably 1-sided. When months of work has been destroyed in 1 hour by a raid of 30 people, it makes you want to leave for a year. Most folk have no time to just throw away on rebuilding. But this pvp community is insanely psycho/sociopathic, so i’d recommend pvE.

In the last 3 years since I began playing this game, I have played across dozens of servers, across several game modes, taken breaks from the game, and yet I cannot leave this game behind. 

I have recently settled down for the last year on a good official PvP server, where we have a vibrant community across several servers that help and protect each other. There is always the threat of people swinging by and blowing everything up, and dozens have tried. 

Our community has made me love this game even more. It is tough just starting out. There are good people on PvP. They sadly are just outclassed by the bad people. 

There are good good winners and good losers, bad winners and even worse losers. This game will either lay bare the true human psyche or rekindle your faith in PvP players. 

I recommend you keep playing. Get to know the people on ONE server. Stay there and be persistent. If they wipe you, rebuild. Eventually they will see that you are dedicated to sticking around and they will come to accept you. NEVER betray your friends. And finally, just play the game. You will never get anywhere by giving up. Stick with it. 

On 2/13/2019 at 7:09 AM, Worstgameever said:

I guess that's the best option? I wanted to try pvp and enjoy the game more, but it seems like there's too many no lifers who probably just buy and sell dinosaurs and just pick on beginners because they're that messed up in real life.

I enjoy PvP in games as well. I love it in fact. And I had the same issues as you when I tried playing Ark PvP on official servers. People spend more time on Ark than their actual lives and when you mix this with offline raiding. It makes for a poor experience for the more casual of gamers. That's why I turned to PvE.

PvE is awesome. But if you really crave the feeling of compettion and fighting other people, then try PvP unofficial. Skewed rates mean tames are less meaningful so you're not broken when you get wiped. It's actually a lot of fun with good admins.

As frustrated as you are however, don't resort to trashing the game completely because you don't understand how it works.

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It could be the end of the world... of warcraft.

Oh....  My god.

LOL

6 minutes ago, Jacira said:

PvE is awesome. But if you really crave the feeling of compettion and fighting other people, then try PvP unofficial. Skewed rates mean tames are less meaningful so you're not broken when you get wiped. It's actually a lot of fun with good admins.

This is the nail on the head.  Skewed rates can really Really REALLLLLLY help when you get pinched in and your raiding Giga crumples under you, but you realize you spent 2-4 days on it instead of 12.  Spent a good deal of time on unofficial PvP, 5x-6x rates with extended breeding cooldowns (instead of 18-48 hours it was 5-7 days breed cooldown) with 1 very active admin and a few others.  Did some raiding, got my poop owned bad, but came back.  Small tribes seem good with their 2x-3x rates, but they are part of the Official ARK community so they are very toxic and can be hit-or-miss.

On 2/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, Worstgameever said:

How can you? Work many hours building and getting tamed dinosaurs and some nerd comes through on something that overpowers everything you can possibly get and destroys everything. You can be online or offline, it happens every day. Literally. This game is beyond stupid. So poorly made, many bugs/glitches, and so many real life losers, you cannot succeed in this game.

Your first mistake was choosing a PVP server if you get triggered being killed by a more equipped opponent.

I didnt want to read through this entire argument because it was just too much pointless arguing to read but if u wanna have fun and enjoy urself on ark play pve. you can grow as much as you want without having to worry about getting killed by people on wyverns. but if you really enjoy pvp and wanna try to be good at it, you need a big tribe to succeed

best of luck 

• 2 weeks later...

Official servers are not fun unless you have no life or enough "friends" to be online 24/7 in a big tribe.

ARK is designed by griefers for griefers.

The only way to play this game for people with a normal life is on unofficial, preferably your own (modded) server.

Then you can just go travelling for two months (for work and pleasure) and be sure your base and dinos are still there when you return.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:03 AM, MackTheKnife said:

But yeah, pvp can be fun when it’s fair and not miserably 1-sided. When months of work has been destroyed in 1 hour by a raid of 30 people, it makes you want to leave for a year. Most folk have no time to just throw away on rebuilding. But this pvp community is insanely psycho/sociopathic, so i’d recommend pvE.

The game is designed that way on purpose.

I believe the Wildcard CEO to be a griefer at heart from what has been stated about and by him in the past.

I consider it bad PvP design. Nearly all PvP games are very symetric. Either everyone's chances reset every match, the losses/gains from a single encounter are minimal, or you only get to fight enemies in the same tier of skill as yourself. The asymetric warfare of ARK is very rare in game design, for a reason.

Archived