What are you raising this Valentines Day?

VampireQueen326

3 hours ago, Flaminjohnny said:

Doing  breeding for 1st time with 2 argies and 2 rexes. Is it easy to breed herbivores compared to carnivore?

Very much easier. Stacks of 100 berries take ages to spoil compared to stacks of 20 fresh meat or even 30 cooked meat. 

I find keeping things fed is all based on how little gets wasted. I'm half tempted to try jerky to see how much gets used.

5 hours ago, Flaminjohnny said:

Is it possible to find out the level of baby and its color before egg hatches?

As far as I'm aware, no. It's luck of the draw. The baby can inherit the color from either parent, or get new colors if it mutates (and it shows up on the dino). It sucks but if one hatches that isn't what you're looking for you can either waste the resources to raise it anyway or, if you're brutal like me you can either just kill it yourself and hatch another egg, or just ignore it and let it die on its own...though I had one abandoned dodo baby who I hadn't given any food at all survive from baby into juvenile and when I went outside my hatchery to get some more eggs it was just standing there in front of a trough eating...so I figured well heck...it earned it's survival and brought it back into the hatchery with the ones I'd kept and been feeding myself. lol

On official, I'm just cycling through my Argy lines trying to get the next hp, stam, wt, or melee mute. 2 weight mutes so far, breeding 27 to 31 females every 12 hours.

On my unofficial it's crazy. 

20 boss Theri's

Now just hatching to mutate hp or melee. Got one hp mute so far.

Boss Yuty, now hatching for a breeding pair and then for hp and stam mutes.

Daedon's. Going for hp and food mutes. 2 hp mutes so far.

Rhino's. Going for a breeding pair with top stats then hp, stam, and melee mutes.

Also raised a few caving dino's so I was imprinted. Nothing special stat wise but solid dino's. Thyla, Megatherium, and a Wolf. 

It helps with their 3x rates it's 75x egg hatch, 30x mature right now. 

On this last day of the event I'm gonna do a Giga plus the above.

Good times.

12 hours ago, VampireQueen326 said:

I'm glad everyone is doing so well! I've had 16 Ravs, 3 Gigas, 1 Quetz, 3 Thylas, 9 Boss Rexs, 19 Megalos (and counting some unhatched), 5 Velos, 1 Gasbag, 3 failed Wyverns, 8 Otters, 6 Featherlights, 3 Wolves, 3 Glowtail babies,  8 Mana babies, and 1 little Sabertooth. @FeyGriffin I kinda feel your pain I am mostly a solo player as my tribemate has not been on in over a month. So I've been doing this event alone. But good luck everyone!

Ouch! I feel your pain. I'm in a tribe of 6 and although we chip in and help, we are all fairly independent too. 

I'm finished with raising for the time being. Ended up with 8 new rexes, 13 spinos, 22 argies, 2 owls, and 5 bulldogs. 

Another tribe mate raised 2 quetz, 5 doed, 2 beaver and 6 cowbearhorses (challis) 

The others raised 2 rexes, a pteranodon and an owl between them. 

We've since located 5 new tribes on the map and dropped them an airdrop of new dinos to work with ?

9 hours ago, Flaminjohnny said:

Is it possible to find out the level of baby and its color before egg hatches?

9 hours ago, Flaminjohnny said:

Doing  breeding for 1st time with 2 argies and 2 rexes. Is it easy to breed herbivores compared to carnivore?

It really depends. Herbivores are easier personally because the berries do not spoil as quickly as raw meat does. You can take a guess when you breed by the base lvl and the colors they have. If you use ark smart breeder (which you can download from the internet) and export the dinos you are breeding. They can help judge what the baby might be.

It very hard for me to raise, because I do not have time to sit in the game 24h waiting for those moments when there will be free slot on the server. I would have to sit for a few hours waiting for the hatching of eggs (observing such fully incubated). In this situation, the greatest success is two Yuty with decent level, which will grow up long after the event :).

Well, we didn't do the theris in the end - just ran out of time - but 2 of us raised 20 175+ wyvs, about 50% with event colours, 3 squid & 2 gigas, all 100% imprinted, so pretty happy - have over 30 boss ready theris anyway, so don't mind missing those - would have been nice to have had the time to hatch all the tek quetz eggs, will keep those for the next breeding event now

I didn't breed them personally, but two very nice players the night before the event ended heard me wistfully saying in chat that I've been dying for an Argentavis, ANY argentavis, and so they stopped by my base and gave me one egg each, so I've been raising the pair (high level, mutated ones...one male and the second egg hatched a female, so yay!). I think they're both event colored. The male is pink and white so I named him Valentine. The female is pink with some green trim, so I named her Aphrodite. He was at adolescent when the event ended and she was almost to juvenile.

Archived