MarkMartin

I don't understand the people that play PVE. Well the people that get a good dino/s and stay playing the same server, for hundreds of hours. In PVE, once you get a good mount, you're done. Now you can kill ANY creature that you see, the only that's left are the bosses. But...why? Why go for the bosses, the tekgrams are PVP oriented. Why craft a tek rex saddle when you could previosly kill any dino with that same rex? I can totally understand the people that temporarily play PVE because of job, or because they started the game and they wanna know the maps and stuff. I started on PVE the island because I knew the game was too complex to rush it, but when I knew the basic stuff I moved to PVP because PVE was extremely boring. It's just absurd that I meet people with 500+ hours on a PVE server that they dominated hundreds of hours before. 30% of the engrams are solely for PVP. PVP is the real game, like it or not.

Edit: Im not insulting anyone or inciting the division of the playerbase. I just dont understand that people find it exciting to kill AI dinos. Maybe if the combat was more engaging, but the combat is basically spam the attack button. (And that is not debatable, unless you have mods)

Completely agree. The fun thing is that a lot of these guys think they're some Ark experts, but your 200 days played doesn't mean poop when you have never built a base for defense. They do it because they want to be safe from a community they call toxic simply for people playing as intended.

I have played since Xbox launch, I have had my share of failures but there is no more satisfying thing in this game than overcoming a seemingly helpless situation. That's what survival is about, right? 

I can respect PvE, though, what I really don't like is unofficial "PvP" servers. How tf are you playing PvP if an admin is God of all?

Also, people who act like official PvP is too hard, I've been solo building as I got back into the game 2 weeks ago. Metal base, 12 turrets, plants, etc. and I work 12hr shifts and I'm married. Tell me more excuses. 

Well some play pve and pvp like me ;) 7400 hours mixed pvp\pve I enjoy both modes all the same an to say it's nice to be able to do the boss\ascention  scene on pve not many will ever see this on pvp unlike me I was picked up on my pvp server by the alpha tribe because of my pve knowledge of the game ik every nook an cranny of every map  so happy hunting an enjoy the mode u play

3 minutes ago, zakuhree said:

Completely agree. The fun thing is that a lot of these guys think they're some Ark experts, but your 200 days played doesn't mean poop when you have never built a base for defense. They do it because they want to be safe from a community they call toxic simply for people playing as intended.

I have played since Xbox launch, I have had my share of failures but there is no more satisfying thing in this game than overcoming a seemingly helpless situation. That's what survival is about, right? 

I can respect PvE, though, what I really don't like is unofficial "PvP" servers. How tf are you playing PvP if an admin is God of all?

Also, people who act like official PvP is too hard, I've been solo building as I got back into the game 2 weeks ago. Metal base, 12 turrets, plants, etc. and I work 12hr shifts and I'm married. Tell me more excuses. 

Just wait a few days and that base of yours will be crushed by a mega taking over the server. I had 50 full turrets on a 5x6 and still had everything reduced to a single foundation. 

Also, i still can’t believe people don’t think pvp is toxic. As i’ve said a million times before..Just because you CAN be a psychopathic freak doesn’t mean you SHOULD. I like pvp but some people take it way too far, “wahh but we’re allowed to do it”.

That is like saying if murder was legal i can kill everything in sight because it’s the law. The sad thing is this game reflects real life and the worst of it’s inhabitants. That’s why people act so horrible, because they can’t be caught or punished as an anonymous screen name.

Now i’m a pvE player and love it.

20 minutes ago, zakuhree said:

Might want to recruit you into my tribe haha

8 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Just wait a few days and that base of yours will be crushed by a mega taking over the server. I had 50 full turrets on a 5x6 and still had everything reduced to a single foundation. 

Also, i still can’t believe people don’t think pvp is toxic. As i’ve said a million times before..Just because you CAN be a psychopathic freak doesn’t mean you SHOULD. I like pvp but some people take it way too far, “wahh but we’re allowed to do it”.

That is like saying if murder was legal i can kill everything in sight because it’s the law. The sad thing is this game reflects real life and the worst of it’s inhabitants. That’s why people act so horrible, because they can’t be caught or punished as an anonymous screen name.

You're right, its much better to fight some helpless bots that stand no chance in a fight...

8 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I'm sure I will be wiped. I'm running a solo base.

I work over 40 hours a week and have two children and a dog. Oh yeah, I have a wife too (need to stop forgetting to mention her...) 

I do not have the time to play PvP and enjoy the building, taming and occasionally raising aspect of Ark. PvE suits me and my tribe mates perfectly, and I've made some good friends through the game. 

26 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Please moderator, can you close this topic as it is trying to incite division across the community.

PvE and PvP - two different game modes with plenty for all in both. 

ARK is a game, and its fun whatever mode you choose.

Yeah this whole thread is just bait. 

Gotta love the PvP elitists "Tekgrams are pvp orientated" xD

How about people enjoy the game how they want? If @MarkMartin wants to believe his dilusions.. well he can go ahead. 

• Volunteer Moderator

There is nothing wrong to play either PvP or PvE; to each their own way to play the game. I do not feel like this thread is a constructive conversation about the game-modes but more a side picking on the other and vice versa therefore I'm locking it.

Archived