Search for the Elusive Megalosaurus.

Rakkasan

Hello and good day (or night, as the case may be) fellow Arkites!

Here is my situation.

I have owned 2 Megalosaurus so far, both of which were gifts. I have never tamed one and now that I gave one away to some wonderful friends I've really been wanting to tame my own.

But it seems like they are virtually impossible to find! I've read they are usually found in the central cave, by the volcano, but I've never seen one there.

Could anyone tell me if there is a better place to find one, a way to get them to spawn, or anything that would help, please?

Thanks. 

- Rakkasan

2 hours ago, JB1980 said:

I've seen one almost everytime I ran the Central Cave. So try again, maybe you had bad luck...

8 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

Hello and good day (or night, as the case may be) fellow Arkites!

Here is my situation.

I have owned 2 Megalosaurus so far, both of which were gifts. I have never tamed one and now that I gave one away to some wonderful friends I've really been wanting to tame my own.

But it seems like they are virtually impossible to find! I've read they are usually found in the central cave, by the volcano, but I've never seen one there.

Could anyone tell me if there is a better place to find one, a way to get them to spawn, or anything that would help, please?

Thanks. 

- Rakkasan

You can’t miss them. Go in during the day and and look for them lying on the ground.

Their spawns bug sometimes. If you go where you find the first explorer note and k mode your camera through the ground, theres a really huge pit below the mesh where they hang out.

Last time I tried taming one there was a long time ago on legacy. Theyre much, much easier to get on literally every other map (North cave in SE, carnivorous caverns below the castle in ragnarok, the trench in extinction and anywhere in blue zone on aberration).

If they do still spawn in that pit and if that bug still exists, you can toss a rock in the ground with a chalicotherium and it'll kill stuff in the pit.

12 hours ago, Bush84 said:

I wonder if you may have gone in the cave during the day. They sleep during the day. You may have missed them. They are always there. 

I've gone in the day specifically to catch them sleeping. It's possible I missed one but I was looking for a sleeping one and, having one already, know what that looks like. :)

11 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Their spawns bug sometimes. If you go where you find the first explorer note and k mode your camera through the ground, theres a really huge pit below the mesh where they hang out.

Last time I tried taming one there was a long time ago on legacy. Theyre much, much easier to get on literally every other map (North cave in SE, carnivorous caverns below the castle in ragnarok, the trench in extinction and anywhere in blue zone on aberration).

If they do still spawn in that pit and if that bug still exists, you can toss a rock in the ground with a chalicotherium and it'll kill stuff in the pit.

Errr. You're not talking about mobile, are you? This is the mobile forum. :)

A note about the Megalosaurus.  They do not glitch, I think it is a part of the program.  But during the day, they will sink under the ground and are curled up.  If you walk over one just right, you will go under the ground also and continue to fall under the Ark.  We had a mated pair on a PvE server and I would observe this and experiment with it.  Note, that you can see them curled up on top of the ground during the day, but 80% of the time they are under it.

1 hour ago, docredduke10 said:

A note about the Megalosaurus.  They do not glitch, I think it is a part of the program.  But during the day, they will sink under the ground and are curled up.  If you walk over one just right, you will go under the ground also and continue to fall under the Ark.  We had a mated pair on a PvE server and I would observe this and experiment with it.  Note, that you can see them curled up on top of the ground during the day, but 80% of the time they are under it.

Ah ha!! That explains it! I noticed that my Megalosaurus often seems to vanish during the day. I know she's there because I bump into something but can't see her some times. I also recall some crazy fall through that happened one time. 

Will that fall through kill you?

Also, is there a way to find them when they are under the ground or get them up where they can be seen?

Seems like an answer is in sight. I can relax and have a donut now.

ezgif.com-resize (2).gif

26 minutes ago, JB1980 said:

Look what I found in the center Cave when I was there for the Daily Pursuit...

wow! My first ever YouTube video just for me!

I'm gonna go cry some girly tears of.....

*SLAP*

OWW!

Thanks man! Just about got...

What's that word?

Eeee...

Eeee... mooooooo...

Eeee! Moooo! Shuuuuuuu!!

Nuuuuuuuuul!

EEEE MOOO SHUNNNN ULLLL!!

That was a close one!

Cool dude. Video. Yah!

But...

I know where they are supposed to be, JB, and what they look like, and so on. I just can't find one where it's supposed to be.

Orrrr.

Were you just trying to make me even more miserable on an otherwise 2-time-divorcee-Valentine's-Day-sucks-so-it's-already-a-miserable-day day?

ROFL!!

• 9 months later...

Late reply, but I usually find about 2 or 3 around the artifact area in the cave near the volcano. I even spotted a level 150 (max level since i play on medium now) curled up right at the edge of the little pond that surrounds the obelisk on my second ever run!

Unfortunately I had to kill it cause I it was right on my way, I didn't have enough materials to tame it, and I really wanted good chitin blueprints so I wanted the artifact more than ever.

Funny cause I got rid of the armor like 2 days later when i went for the northwest cave artifact and got ascendant flak armor from tributing it ?

I regretted killing that megalosaur because now I can't even find one that's higher than level 70 ?

Archived