I'm having port issues trying to add a 7th map to my linux dedicated cluster

airbats801

I can't seem to find a set of working ports for crystle isles to run on.

I'm running a dedicated centos7 server at a datacenter. I'm not running a firewall at the moment.

the game was running fine with the 6 official maps running the following ports. No I didnt skip a port number, so each map used the next consecutive port number 7777-7781 27015-27020

so with crystal isles I was like ok, I will just use 7782 and 27021. No bueno. After some trouble shooting, I realized the game had been running and doing server backups. I decided to shutdown extinction and try the ports it was using, and it works. After this I was reading all kinds of port rules with the game and realized I should be skipping a port ie 7777 7779. Well doing this makes half the servers not working as im going past 7782. I also read steam uses 27020-27050

I also tried running port 9999 and  37015 as the wiki mentions. This isnt working either. Half of me is thinking there is something in my operating system blocking these ports, but considering the firewall is shut down, there should be nothing blocking this from working. My only other concern is ark doesnt want to run on more than a cert set of ports?

I'm going to keep looking into my system to see why it might possible be ignoring these ports, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I really dont feel like shutting down a server in the cluster to add another map or 2.

And if anyone is wondering, it's not a resource issue, running 32g of ram, and I have shutdown all the servers and just experimented with one.

After messing around with this for a few days I figured it out. I dont know which was the issue, but I did have rcon setup on one of my udp ports for one of the servers in the gameusersettings.ini I removed that, and I also realized the servers had been running the entire time, and I think it was mostly just user error trying to find the game on steam. Normally steam finds all 6 of my servers plus a few other games im serving on my dedicated by just searching the main ip. I didnt consider adding the actual port for the 7th map in the cluster. I added that to the search and the map showed up. Problem solved. This made more sense as I had been racking my brain thinking I was somehow blocking the port.

Archived