• Administrator

large.Dossier_Ammonite.jpg

Common Name: Ammonite
Species: Ammonitina Multiamicus
Time: Late Jurassic - Mid Cretaceous
Diet: Bottom Feeder
Temperament: Passive

Wild

Usually found in the deepest parts of the waters around the island, Ammonitina Multiamicus has a strange relationship with the other creatures of the deep. It must do something beneficial for them, since every nearby sea creature defends Ammonitina when it is attacked. What this distinct symbiosis is based on, alas, I have not yet discovered.

Ammonitina has also made its way into the deeper parts of underwater caves. Even within these caves, the creature will draw attention if assaulted, making harvesting its resource-rich shell a tricky proposition depending on what other dangers may be lurking nearby.

Domesticated

Like many of the untamable ocean dwellers, Ammonitina still has enough utility to be a valuable hunting target. If a tribe is willing to risk the wrath of nearby would-be protectors, Ammonitina bile can be harvested from it’s corpse’s innards. This bile can be worked over with other chemicals to make many powerful concoctions, usually antidotes against the most powerful poisons and illnesses. Its shell meanwhile, is rich in rare materials, presumably due to the creature’s unique place along the Island’s food chain.

View full article

It's good to see that the Ammonite has a resource that sets it apart from the Trilobite, I might started looking into those Medical or Energy Brews, but I might try making them if you can use Ammonite Bile as an alternative ingredient.

However, I will say we're getting to the point again where there's a HUGE backlog of announced creatures. There are now almost as many announced Dino Dossiers as there are creatures in the actual game, and some of those Dossiers have been sitting around since the Summer! I do hope there's a big update planned where three or more creatures are added at once, lik there was when the Snow and Swamp Biomes were added.

1 hour ago, NIGHTMARE3422 said:

Hey I keep losing my characters in local servers I got a character to lvl 35. I can walk up to him and see him but I can't use him. This is the second time it's happened and it sucks.

If you are referring to PC single player, please make a new thread here, so we can help you get all your structures, xp and dinos back:
http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/60-bug-reports-support/

If you are on Xbox, please post in this section:
http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/16-bug-reports-support/