Questions regarding Ancient Amber

SuperSaiyanBeezlebufo

I’m not sure about the large carnivores, but when you go to harvest some rocks you will sometimes see it shows the rock could drop stone, flint and Amber. This is usually on metal rock deposits, and using an ascendant pick I usually get one amber from those. Maybe about 50-75% of the time it works? I think the arketype crowbar is also supposed to help with that but I’ve not tried it.

That info comes from the video below.

I guess they changed this after the beta, I've never had or saw anyone else getting Amber from any creature, also not from Alphas (although I have not killed Al yet).

Get your daily amount of Amber by completing Daily Pursuits! Today I got 15 after 60 continuous days of completing pursuits.

And when I was on Far's Peak for the pursuit I picked up the first Stone I saw: Amber! And there are also metal rocks with Amber there. Got 1 with Journeyman Pick.

I know that you can get amber from just finding it on the ground, from using a pick or crowbar on metal rocks that can contain amber, from turning in artifacts, from watching ads, from the every 2-3 hour gifts if you have Primal Pass, and I think you can also get them from killing alpha dinos.  I have also been getting 30 amber every month with the Primal Pass Monthly Loot Pack.  Everyone probably already knows, but if you use the drop down on the identifier box of the main view screen, it will tell you which rocks have the chance of dropping amber.  It is the same box that tells you if a dino is male or female.

The amber drops are on PvE servers everywhere, look like big piles of glowing orange poop with orange sprinkles emanating from it.  On PvX servers they only occur in PvP zones.  if you are real active and travel a lot on the map you will find one about once a week.  They are hard to miss.  I believe I have gotten up to 40 amber from them.

Archived