Community Crunch 168: Valentine's Day!

Jen

1 hour ago, SCAREKROW said:

Hi, I've been solo raising two wyverns on pvp officials, they are both about half done and i haven't missed an imprint. I have been cryopodding directly after imprinitng, so that i can raise it when relatively safe. If I take advantage of the x3 mature will this cause me to not be able to 100% imprint? With/without cryopodding? Is the imprint timer now shorter to accomodate faster maturing? Will cryopoding reset timer to 8hrs instead of shorter time? Should I wait to raise my dragons if I want 100% imprint? Thanks.

Just before your final imprint for the night (once the binkie pops up) just cryo the dino.
ANd once you know the event is in full swing - pop the baby out and complete the imprint.
It will allow you to get a little bit ahead (in case you were a bit behind or struggling) and every 8 hours from then you will have another 3x imprint % gained.
Breeding and maturation event can screw things up if you are not prepared.
Of course, lag screws things up anyway and we are always prepared for that, right? lol

Ok thanks guys. So let me get this right because I've put too much effort into doing this right so far and I don't want to mess this up:

1. Before event - cryopod dino when it wants imprinting.

2. Once event is underway - uncryo and then imprint as usual (after 8hrs). It will gain 3x maturity and 3x imprinting. Either cryopod again or continue raising.

4 hours ago, Luizza said:

+1 on a bit disappointed no purple, that extinction event with purple and blue was the best of all the colour events, maybe you can work it into a new event or a future one?

& woot woot it's valentines again :D

I agree Purple and Blue was the best color event ever! Still love all color events thO.

The owl freeze trick was actually very helpful,  coming from someone who works two jobs... was a lot easier to raise and didn’t have to stress losing babies while stuck at both jobs literally all day. Was actually more enjoyable!! ?

WildCard, have you ever considered doing something similar to the owl freeze trick? After all, quite a bit of us can’t be on every couple hours due to work  (a lot of adults play this I noticed). 

Just maybe an idea in the future to help those who can’t get on multiple times a day to check babies  ?

Happy Surviving! 

3 hours ago, PreshusRoze said:

Just before your final imprint for the night (once the binkie pops up) just cryo the dino.
ANd once you know the event is in full swing - pop the baby out and complete the imprint.
It will allow you to get a little bit ahead (in case you were a bit behind or struggling) and every 8 hours from then you will have another 3x imprint % gained.
Breeding and maturation event can screw things up if you are not prepared.
Of course, lag screws things up anyway and we are always prepared for that, right? lol

I tried cryopodding a baby wyvern in single player when it needed imprinting. When you pop it back out the imprinting timer resets and you miss the imprint. That isn't going to work then. 

10 minutes ago, Varekai said:

Just to be sure to understand: 

the multiplier rates are only for the baby part or will it also affect juvenile and adolescent? 

Every stage until adult. 

48 minutes ago, SCAREKROW said:

I tried cryopodding a baby wyvern in single player when it needed imprinting. When you pop it back out the imprinting timer resets and you miss the imprint. That isn't going to work then. 

That was fixed, the imprint timer should not reset anymore, it pauses while in the pod. 

Edited by acat

4 hours ago, AllyGator said:

The owl freeze trick was actually very helpful,  coming from someone who works two jobs... was a lot easier to raise and didn’t have to stress losing babies while stuck at both jobs literally all day. Was actually more enjoyable!! ?

WildCard, have you ever considered doing something similar to the owl freeze trick? After all, quite a bit of us can’t be on every couple hours due to work  (a lot of adults play this I noticed). 

Just maybe an idea in the future to help those who can’t get on multiple times a day to check babies  ?

Happy Surviving! 

Lol. Thats not ark. You lazy ass ?

6 hours ago, AllyGator said:

Happy Surviving! 

Maybe could make a tek structure or high level item like a super air con that drasticly slows food consumption.

or a reciepe for a food that only eaton by babies that spoils slow and fills alot of food