Community Crunch 168: Valentine's Day!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

ARK: Valentine's Day!

large.Valentines_Couple_2.jpg

Beginning tomorrow, February 12th until February 18th, love will fill the air as we celebrate Valentine's Day!

The ARK will be placed under Cupid's loving spell. With this event, creatures have also been affected by Cupid's spell in the following ways:

• Red, Pink, and White colored wild creatures can be found wandering the ARKs searching for true loves kiss.
  • When mating, creatures have a 25% chance to drop an item.  That item has a 50/50 chance to be one of the following:
    • Valentines Chocolate: Restores full HP, or knocks 40% off a creatures taming bar.
    • Valentines Candy: Gives your tame random dino colors when eaten.

All servers official and unofficial will also experience the following bonuses (auto-activated or can be toggled manually by running ActiveEvent=vday):

• Mate Boosted range increased by 2x
  • Mating Speed and Mating Recovery increased by 3x
  • Creature Maturing and Egg Incubation speed has been increased by 3x
  • Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3

58a7bb07ed6ba_large.224A8465B89DC82CC7EF

Survivors also have the opportunity to send out their own customs Valentine's Day card to their loved ones. Head over to playark.com/valentines and create your custom card! Be sure to send us a tweet with your image attached and the #MateBoosted, so that over the course of the week we can retweet your loving messages! 

large.MateBoosted.JPG

PC Patch Notes:

Valentines Day Event!

• Auto Activates from 2/12 - 2/18 for non-TCs
  • Run with ActiveEvent=vday to toggle manually
  • Event Rates:
    • 2x Mating/Mate boost Range
    • 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery
    • 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed
    • 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption
  • Event Details:
    • Dino color spawns: Creatures have a 20% chance to spawn with holiday themed colors
    • When mating, creatures have a 25% chance to drop an item.  That item has a 50/50 chance to be one of the following:
      • Valentines Chocolate: Restore full HP, or knock 40% off a Dino's Tame Bar
      • Valentines Candy: Random dino colors

Managarmr

• Fix bug causing Managarmr to die randomly
  • Potential fix for client crash
  • Ice breath is no longer stopped by a Dino Leash
  • Potential fix for Managarmrs floating away
  • Whistle Stop and Whistle Follow will interrupt the current ability
  • Increased time between freeze buffs
  • Ice breath freeze amount is now more significantly reduced by distance

Cryopods

• Now show gender in the tooltip
  • Tribe log displays the name of the cryopod owner who's cryopod broke
  • Fix for dino owner not transfering when stealing a cryopod with a dino in it

Trike

• Fixed infinite trike ramming bug

Movement    

• Fix for players getting stuck when walking off foundations

Bear Traps

• Bear traps are now placeable again!

Tek Dinos

• Now drop electronics/metal as intended

Exploits

• Fix exploit related to Tek Sword

Desert Titan

• Reduced tamed Desert Titan total hp by 1/3

Item Stack Config

• Only apply the global multiplier ItemStackSizeMultiplier to items that are intended to stack. This doesn't affect ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity entries.

Scorched Earth

• Removed the Ruins of Nosti gate

Extinction

• Fixed a meshing location
  • Reduced shadow cost of some meshes
  • Defenders are harvestable for light robotic materials 

The Center

• Fix exploit related to Rafts

Xbox & PS4 Patch Notes:

Valentine's Day Event!

• Auto Activates from 2/12 - 2/18 for non-TCs
  • Run with ActiveEvent=vday to toggle manually
  • Event Rates:
    • 2x Mating/Mate boost Range
    • 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery
    • 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed
    • 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption
  • Event Details:
    • Dino color spawns: Creatures have a 20% chance to spawn with holiday themed colors
      • Valentines Chocolate: Restore full HP, or knock 40% off a Dino's Tame Bar
      • Valentines Candy: Random dino colors

Managarmr

• Ice Breath damage is now scaled by distance to the target
  • Improvements to situations where Managarmrs float away
  • Whistle Follow or Whistle Stop will order the Managarmr to stop their active ability and return to ground
  • Reduced Ice Breath freeze amount
  • Increased time between Freeze Debuffs 

Exploits

• Fix for exploit related to Rafts
  • Fix for exploit related to Tek Gloves
  • Fix for exploit related to Owl and babies
  • Fix for exploit related to Owl
  • Fix for exploit related to Desert Titan lightning
  • Fix for exploit related to Ladders
  • Fix for exploit related to Chairs

Extinction    

• Environment memory improvements

Ice Titan

• Have Ice Titan consider more targets as a leapable-enemy

Desert Titan

• Fix for Desert Titan sometimes freezing/refusing to move during boss fight
  • Fix for Desert Titan occasionally flying out of world bounds
  • Untamed Desert Titan ground targeted lightning attack will now have a variable delay
  • Removed Burning debuff that the lightning field puts on enemies

Titans

• Reduced damage to structures from melee attacks

Mating

• Added "Enable Mating" under Behavior dial on Dinos, wandering is no longer required to mate
  • Change dino hover UI to read "Enable Wander or Mating to Mate" instead of "Enable Wander to Mate"

UI

• Moved chatbox down to lower left corner

Inventory    

• Increased Bullet/Arrow stack size to 100 (from 50).

Turrets

• Reduced Auto/Heavy turret inventory size roughly 40%, to accommodate ammo stack change (results in slight increase of max # of bullets they can store)

Tribes

• Finish increasing tribe group rank limit from 5 to 10
  • A player can not accept alliance invites unless they are tribe admin
  • Alliance invites and new tribes added or removed from alliances is now logged in the Tribe Log.    

Cryopod

• Tooltips now contain the stats of the dino
  • Mating timer now advances while in a Cryopod unless the Cryopod is transferred, then it is reset to respect the new server's MatingIntervalMultiplier
  • Baby aging is paused while in a Cryopod
  • Baby imprinting is paused while in a Cryopod
  • Baby gestation is aborted when entering a Cryopod

Air Conditioner

• Reduced Air Conditioning SFX radius

Plant Y

• No longer affects Quetz and Karkinos

Plant Z

• Stun cooldown increased vs dinos, 5 seconds -> 7.5 seconds

Megalania

• Halved torpidity decrease rate

Bola

• You can now struggle to get out of bola faster

Experimental

• Added [ServerSettings] ItemStackSizeMultiplier to allow increasing or decreasing item stack size
  • Added [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode] ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity to allow manually overriding item stack size on a per-item basis

Mesh Memory Optimizations

• Doedicurus
  • Parasaur Saddle
  • Rex Saddle
  • Sauropod Saddle
  • Various Particle Meshes    

Particle Memory Optimizations

• Dino Leash

Skins

• Fixed missing Bionic skins

Upcoming Server Maintenance!

On February 13th beginning at 7am EST we will be conducting a small maintenance on a portion of our NA Official Servers. During this time the servers will go offline in succession therefore all will not be going down promptly at 7am. The servers will not be running during this maintenance period once they are down. We anticipate the full maintenance duration to take a few hours however the servers will be booted back up shortly after they are taken down, which should minimize individual downtime.

Also worth noting: In our next patch we will be renaming all legacy servers to include "LEGACY" in their names. This change will not affect your favorites but the name will be changed there to reflect the new name. Legacy servers will be using the following format: LEGACY-servername. Ex: LEGACY-OfficialServer2. This change applies to all platforms that have Legacy servers. Legacy servers will still be located in the Official Legacy Servers tab in the server browser.

Attention Builders!

Fancy yourself a top tier builder? We want to see what you can do with the new structure changes! 

Hop into the beta (details on how to do that below) and build to your heart's content using any of our officially supported maps (The Island, The Center, Ragnarok, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction). You can do this in your single player world or your unofficial server if you have access to one. We’ll be picking the best builds submitted to us for featuring in an upcoming video trailer showcasing the building changes to ARK similar to the announcement video we did for our latest mod contest. 

Submit pictures and/or a video of your build, your map save and coordinates to your build to arkfans@studiowildcard.com so we can take a look. You can get the direct coordinates to your build location by enabling setcheatplayer true and jotting down the coordinates presented on screen. You can upload your map save to a file sharing website such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc, and include the link in the email. 

Today is the LAST DAY to submit your builds! We look forward to seeing your masterpieces!

Structures Plus (S+) & Kibble Rework Beta!

large.image-(1).jpg

The Structures Plus and Kibble Rework beta is still available and we're looking for additional feedback as we get closer to release of these features in the near future. We plan to have one more update to the beta for testing before the final version is released to the main game.

Please check out the post below for all of the information on how you can get involved in play testing this beta.

Modding Community Updates!

It's mod tutorial time!

Let's continue where we left off in the last tutorial and hook up our transition material to the sentry tower system. We're going to make use of some previously discussed topics and covered a new one, timelines. Don't let these handy little nodes fool you, they can be used on much more than just materials, and they can really make some aspects are your game feel much more alive!

Happy Modding!

Fan Feature of the Week!

FC206836BF52641878BD8D220192FB4794714A6A

Deep Dive by Violet

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

• Thanks 1

Disappointed that there is no purple color as part of this event. Not a single event has purple color appart from that one when exctinction was releasing, which will not happen again. While red and white were part of event 45 days ago..... I think you guys should distribute colors so that there is repeatable event for each color.

Edited by b0ender
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Stevew said:

NOOOO seriously this event isn’t coming to switch? We don’t need all these fancy color changes and candies, just give us A weekend of boosted breeding speeds. All you have to do is change a few settings. 

Hey WildCard, listen to this guy. Would loooove to see white, gold, and black at some point. Why not have unique colors every weekend? Surely that would be pretty easy

Hey Wildcard i just have one question. If the 3x maturing speed is also coming to unnofficial servers wont that bug with the boosted imprint timer. For example i play on an unnofficial cluster where there is 10x maturing speed and the imprint timer for that. It will be very useful since i have 3 50% imprinted gigas on cryopods atm but if i cant imprint them properly i dont see the point in breeding inside this event.

Aside from that, keep up the good work 

6 minutes ago, Luizza said:

+1 on a bit disappointed no purple, that extinction event with purple and blue was the best of all the colour events, maybe you can work it into a new event or a future one?

& woot woot it's valentines again :D

i get where ur coming from but with a bit of work u can also breed for purple and blue. might not be an event thing but it could still work. or use a dino color mod. 

Hi, I've been solo raising two wyverns on pvp officials, they are both about half done and i haven't missed an imprint. I have been cryopodding directly after imprinitng, so that i can raise it when relatively safe. If I take advantage of the x3 mature will this cause me to not be able to 100% imprint? With/without cryopodding? Is the imprint timer now shorter to accomodate faster maturing? Will cryopoding reset timer to 8hrs instead of shorter time? Should I wait to raise my dragons if I want 100% imprint? Thanks.

Edited by SCAREKROW

9 minutes ago, SCAREKROW said:

Hi, I've been solo raising two wyverns on pvp officials, they are both about half done and i haven't missed an imprint. I have been cryopodding directly after imprinitng, so that i can raise it when relatively safe. If I take advantage of the x3 mature will this cause me to not be able to 100% imprint? With/without cryopodding? Is the imprint timer now shorter to accomodate faster maturing? Will cryopoding reset timer to 8hrs instead of shorter time? Should I wait to raise my dragons if I want 100% imprint? Thanks.

wait they almost always get screwed up changing timers. Not throwing my gigas out at all

can not find asia-pvp-theisland143

We really want to participate in this event, but the server has a problem and it has not been resolved for a long time. Very disappointed  

35hours

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/2171756/downtime

who can help us 

Edited by baddarker

12 minutes ago, mgnt232 said:

wait they almost always get screwed up changing timers. Not throwing my gigas out at all

Should be safe to toss them out as long as you do it in the first day or two of the event. They’ll take 4 days to grow as long as they grow during the event imprints should be correct they get messed up when you pop before the event or they finish growing outside the event time 

Edited by Markdh31788