62 second auto decay on offical

Whipples

Does anyone know what the official settings are on Auto Decay?

We were recently taming some things including a Direbear and in running back and forth between two downed tames, the Direbear magically disappeared. I checked the log, and we tamed it and it auto decayed 62 seconds later as we returned to check on it. I regularly do multiple tames at a time and they wake up all the time without me there just fine except in a few specific areas. I personally reported this particular issue over a year ago and was told by support that it was a known issue being worked on and that they will not replace tames lost in this way.

So does anyone know how official servers deal with Auto decay and can you point me to where I can find out the offical stance on auto-decay and tames? Also, while I continue to my over a year long wait on a fix, is there is an official list of "Dead Zones" where tames will instantly decay when no one is present when the tame finishes? Or even just how the official freshly tamed mechanic is supposed to function? Or could anyone in an official capacity chime in on if the bug has been abandoned and this in now just the way it is, or is it still in a progress and how many more years will it be before a fix?

I've checked the support section here and knowledge base, and there is still ZERO results for "auto-decay," "autodecay," and "decay" so any information would be appreciated!

Auto_decay_62_seconds.jpg

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

This is a bug, sometimes when something is tamed when unrendered it insta decays. If you stay by it as it tames, then itll work properly and its decay timer will be 7 days.

Yes, I found this out last year, and was able to work with support a bit to prove to them that the cause is related to the area where the tame was tranqed out at. Its very frustrating when you actually assist support in finding out more about their own bugs and then nothing is done a year later and they refuse to replace anything lost this way.

I know this happens on the Center map outside Ice palace, and place on NE Lava. It also happens somewhere on the norther part of scorched earth (can't really remember it was a year ago!)

I would love to know if this is still being worked on and if there is a timeline on a fix, but we all know that level of support just isn't gonna happen.

So maybe the community can share the no-tame areas where this can occur.

I can 100% verify that anyplace around icepalace on Center is having this as that's where I tested the most to give info to support. Seems to be the entire area from ramp to ramp. I'll have to see if I can track down my emails for the coordinates of the other spots I found, but I have no interest in re-testing them. This should have been fixed a year ago.

27 minutes ago, Whipples said:

Do you know where it was on Rag that it happened?

Around 80 60 in the dessert, all the way south, i wasn't in rendering distance. I believe my anky decayed after 21 seconds.

Here's a screenshot of the auto decay time. Decay timer https://imgur.com/a/lwaL5KW

I read somewhere that wild dinos have a decay timer too. That's the explanation I remember:

When they spawn the decay timer starts ticking, but they don't decay if nonone interacts with them.

If you happen to knock a wild dino out whose timer has already run out and you are not present while it tames, it will auto decay as soon as rendered, just like any tamed dino or structure. If you are present the timer will be reset.

15 minutes ago, Weiss said:

I read somewhere that wild dinos have a decay timer too. That's the explanation I remember:

When they spawn the decay timer starts ticking, but they don't decay if nonone interacts with them.

If you happen to knock a wild dino out whose timer has already run out and you are not present while it tames, it will auto decay as soon as rendered, just like any tamed dino or structure. If you are present the timer will be reset.

I posted about this recently too :)

While decay timers have always existed, the devs clearly overlooked the auto-decay feature  with this annoying bug. With that said, I understand the need for it over the old system of having to manually clear stuff up.

1 hour ago, Weiss said:

but they don't decay if nonone interacts with them.

This would explain why at one point in time we had a bug that if you so much as spy glassed a dino (any interaction at all) it would despawn before you could get back, you HAD to down it before it went out of render or it would be toast, even if you were gone for only 4 seconds. (literally, a tappa flying out of render would poof it) it must have been mixed up.

Archived