Cave Help

Obelawe

In my opinion:

Without a mount easier should be art if the hunter cave, just take xbow with you and carefully explore.

With mount like high lvl Bary easier is art of the pack. Bary can reach every part of this cave and easily beat everything inside (just don't touch Megalo at night!).

For chitin best is art of the immune (swamp cave), tame megatherium, wear gas mask, uncryo you megatherium inside and happy slaughter everything.

Also art of the hunter isn't bad for chitin with Bary at the beginning stage of the game.

6 minutes ago, DarthSim said:

In my opinion:

Without a mount easier should be art if the hunter cave, just take xbow with you and carefully explore.

With mount like high lvl Bary easier is art of the pack. Bary can reach every part of this cave and easily beat everything inside (just don't touch Megalo at night!).

For chitin best is art of the immune (swamp cave), tame megatherium, wear gas mask, uncryo you megatherium inside and happy slaughter everything.

Also art of the hunter isn't bad for chitin with Bary at the beginning stage of the game.

what is Bary sorry

A wolf is good for most of the caves as well. I've used the a baryonx in the Lower South, Upper south, Central cave and the Northeast cave. Planning to use one in the Swamp Cave as well. Recently though I've tamed up a decent Thylaco to use in the Northeast cave. It's a little safer to use in there if you fall off since it won't take fall damage. Also, it can climb up the walls.

The Bary is good for the caves where there are lots of underwater areas and tunnels. the Bary's stun works great to stop the piranha and the sarcos. Although in the upper south cave, you can get around the tunnel to the artifact by using grappels.

Easiest is definitely the lower south cave. The Central Cave is also a good cave for chitin as well. A lot of the old youtubers used to call it the Chitin cave.

If you just want a load of chitin for saddles or whatever.. most of the easier caves are great. I prefer the volcano cave (one near 50.50) for a wolf. Your biggest threats in all caves on a wolf is: artho spit ruining your armour and Megalosaurus using you a chew toy. Alwaya have ur wolf on follow neutral incase this.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, Obelawe said:

oh ok i know that lol i should have guessed that lol  thank you 

was planing to use a wolf level 233 in the caves

A wolf is pretty good at farming chitin, but it has low weight. A easy cave would be the Lower South cave. You dont need high end equipment, but its good if you have some. For a higher chance of surviving, a sabertooth or a bary would be recommended. A saber can wear a saddle and is #2 farmer in terms of chitin, but it also has pretty low weight. The Baryonyx is fast, has better weight, can stun creatures in the water, but doesnt farm chitin as good as a wolf or a saber.

But the wolf will be a solid mount for the easier caves (as long as you dont wake up a megalo)

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 3:51 AM, Obelawe said:

sounds good your megatherium what stats did u boost hp and damage?

Be wary Megatherium cant fit into most caves, you would need to cryopod it in for em. Even while inside most island caves are pretty narrow (or have narrow spots) so it would get stuck often.

I honestly wouldnt worry so much about it,all the caves besides hard ice are very easy with the correct equipment. Just jump on a wolf or sabre and head in

Archived