Flyer Nerf Option for Single Player/Private server: still coming?

leondimitri

Hello! So a while ago, back in 2017, in this Q&A (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/mysterious-mysteries-introducing-ark-digest-51-community-crunch-107-r581/) the devs said that an option would be added for single player and private servers to handle flyers in whichever way you prefer, either pre-nerf or post-nerf, and that was supposed to come in the Dino TLC. But dino TLC has come and gone and sadly this option hasn't been added. I only play single player and I'm eager to use an option like that (I don't like using mods). Is it still coming or was it ditched completely? Has anyone heard anything about it recently? Would be really sweet if I could get an answer from official channels! Thanks!

3 hours ago, leondimitri said:

Hello! So a while ago, back in 2017, in this Q&A (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/mysterious-mysteries-introducing-ark-digest-51-community-crunch-107-r581/) the devs said that an option would be added for single player and private servers to handle flyers in whichever way you prefer, either pre-nerf or post-nerf, and that was supposed to come in the Dino TLC. But dino TLC has come and gone and sadly this option hasn't been added. I only play single player and I'm eager to use an option like that (I don't like using mods). Is it still coming or was it ditched completely? Has anyone heard anything about it recently? Would be really sweet if I could get an answer from official channels! Thanks!

Any “promise” back then was made during the devs self admitted overzealous stage, so it’s unlikely to happen any time soon. Hell, the kibble rework was announced back in early 2017 and that’s only now in beta.

Just now, SaltyMonkey said:

Any “promise” back then was made during the devs self admitted overzealous stage, so it’s unlikely to happen any time soon. Hell, the kibble rework was announced back in early 2017 and that’s only now in beta.

Hah and dont forget about dynamic length bridges! Only introduced finally in  Extinction! 

Im just glad stuff is being added

17 minutes ago, leondimitri said:

Well, at least those things have been implemented. I just hope they do implement this option as well and have not completely forgotten about it. 

There is hope, I thought you were @ChargingParacerParacer's alt or something :P 

I would like a big unofficial QoL patch. For example, giving us .ini and userface (for sp console players) commands for a lot of stuff. Like the flier rebalance and a load of other changes that have been made. Maybe when they add in all the options for S+ would be a good time to give us more customizability via .ini changes. Yes, mods can fix a LOT but for us console plebs it would be nice to have the options! (Also for people that dont use mods on PC)

In doing this they could make all sorts of new official server types for the official crowd. Win win if I do say so.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:26 PM, d1nk said:

There is hope, I thought you were @ChargingParacerParacer's alt or something :P 

I would like a big unofficial QoL patch. For example, giving us .ini and userface (for sp console players) commands for a lot of stuff. Like the flier rebalance and a load of other changes that have been made. Maybe when they add in all the options for S+ would be a good time to give us more customizability via .ini changes. Yes, mods can fix a LOT but for us console plebs it would be nice to have the options! (Also for people that dont use mods on PC)

In doing this they could make all sorts of new official server types for the official crowd. Win win if I do say so.

Nope, don't even know who that is. Anyway, I completely agree with what you said. Let's just hope they listen! I'm on PC but I don't use mods (prefer not to) so that would be really good.

Archived