Araneos aren't as trash as people think.

GermanGamer7

Image result for araneo ark face

People often say how bad Araneomorphus amalgotantibus is, but I'd like to contest this statement.

*DISCLAIMER: This is only my own opinion and is not necessarily "right'. People are entitled to their opinions and that should be respected.

People often forget about Araneomorphus, not just due to its range (caves) but also because of the stigma about why they shouldn't be tamed. They say the web ability isn't all that useful, and its torpor-inducing bite just isn't good enough. In my opinion, these people are wrong. Araneomorphus is a good cave-crawling creature because it can fit into any cave, can induce torpor and shoot webs for a quick getaway from dangerous enemies, and is fairly fast. At high levels like the current community's obsession with breeding Canis maxdirus for stats, it is inferior, but in terms of escaping opponents this is not your average garbage dump. Araneomorphus amalgotantibus may not be a Canis maxdirus or Thylacoleo furtamorsis, but in the right hands, this can get you good artifacts with relative ease.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The real issues with it are:

-Lower stats than most cave mounts

-can't be bred for stat combinations

-get really bad taming effectiveness on perfect tame, further reducing stats. 

-Base melee is extremely poor (I think its 10?)

Fair point. I did state it was inferior to some other cave mounts, but it's not the worst thing ever.

*DISCLAIMER: This is only my own opinion and is not necessarily "right'. People are entitled to their opinions and that should be respected.

Again, due to its dire need of a TLC, this is EXACTLY why I formed the ARKthropods. It's my group on the forum dedicated to getting all the arthropods (e.g. Lymantria [again in dire need of a TLC) fixed. My main grievance with ARK is that they haven't made them breedable. A new kind of breeding isn't that hard to make. It was done with the Griffin and the Wyvern, why not now? 

Also, i re-edited this because the posts per day limit is extremely low. I can't speak in a new post.

1 minute ago, GermanGamer7 said:

Fair point. I did state it was inferior to some other cave mounts, but it's not the worst thing ever.

It's inferior to nearly every mount in the game. I forgot to add it has terrible weight. I'd rather ride a scorpion.

It does have a good attack rate. But damage is lower than a raptor, which is easier to tame, better stats, utility, faster and has a comparable attack rate.

The poor thing is in dire need of a tlc.

7 hours ago, GermanGamer7 said:

A new kind of breeding isn't that hard to make. It was done with the Griffin and the Wyvern

You can't breed those... Unless you use mods. 

There's a huge difference in collecting stats from the wild, even with imprint (wyvern, drakes, reapers), and actually breeding wilds - combining and mutating stats.

That's why I want moths to be breedeable too! It doesn't even have to be realistic. Reapers have two different stages of growing and just go "plop" without any nice transition between baby and juvenile.

Araneos suck :P I don't like spiders, and there's no reason to tame them as long as there are better, easier tames available. If they had better stats, could shoot their own ziplines and climb walls, maybe I'd give them a try.

46 minutes ago, MarkMartin said:

Its goddam terrible. Its the worst mount in the game, i'd rather go barefoot than get a free spider. They're just terrible at everything.

Even if you pumped your average araneo full points in melee, unless you have 720%+ on it you'd still do more damage with a primitive pike, on base melee... And be tankier, faster and probably can carry more wearing flak armor.

Archived