BIZARRE setting/glitch with Engrams. Please Help!

ellexius

Just downloaded the game and all of its expansions on PC. Played on PS4 prior to this. I DO NOT know if this is a bug VS. a setting for Single Player.

I started a new Single Player game on Ragnarok, and changed maybe 5 settings total. (Harvesting, dino count, etc.) When I leveled up, the Engram for the cloth clothing showed weird requirements. Meaning: the shirt and pants wanted 6 hide, while I know that it shouldn't require any hide. Only the gloves and boots need it.

I tried resetting the game settings. I tried a new map, a new character, so on and so forth and the only thing that made the Engrams go back to normal was re-installing the game. Even after that, as soon as I changed the settings, it did the same exact thing where the Engram Requirement would change and would not revert. Soooo I'm re-installing for the second time.

Its like changing the values of the settings changes the Engram Requirements (which it shouldn't) because on my rented server on PS4 I did the same exact thing and it never changed. The only variable here that has changed is that I'm on PC single player VS PS4 rented server.

Can someone please explain this to me? I have had no luck finding the solution. Thank you!

Right. Example:

Cloth Shirt - Requires 40 fiber in a normal game. I've known this since I started playing back in 2017.

In my game now, a Cloth Shirt requires 20 Fiber + 6 Hide. And these two values (20Fiber + 6Hide) are the same across the Cloth Pants, Gloves, Shoes, etc. I noticed that it changed AFTER I changed the Settings (ini's) ingame. 

If you’re ok with some testing for a bug report:

remove half the changes in the INI and see if it’s still bugged. If it is, reinstate the changes and remove the other half. 

If any specific setting is bugged out it should then be ok. If it isn’t: give up. If it is: reinstate half the removed changes. Once the problem returns you’ll know it’s in the last segment. 

Then it’s a matter of removing half that segment, repeat. 

Archived