metal help

kevin62700

Im playing on xbox single player/split screen and im only level 36. Im trying to find metal and in dont have a flying mount, i found about 100 in the southeastern cave but the metal rocks wont repawn in there for me, so i found about 200 plus from soild metal rocks on the south eastern island and i also cleared out most the non metal rocks but its now been 10 or 15 in game days and the rocks arent respawning. I do not have any structures on the island and im staying on the main land away from the island to allow spawning. How long does it take for rocks to respawn and how can i find more metal for low level and living on south of main land. thanks

16 hours ago, kevin62700 said:

Im playing on xbox single player/split screen and im only level 36. Im trying to find metal and in dont have a flying mount, i found about 100 in the southeastern cave but the metal rocks wont repawn in there for me, so i found about 200 plus from soild metal rocks on the south eastern island and i also cleared out most the non metal rocks but its now been 10 or 15 in game days and the rocks arent respawning. I do not have any structures on the island and im staying on the main land away from the island to allow spawning. How long does it take for rocks to respawn and how can i find more metal for low level and living on south of main land. thanks

if your single player next time you load up, turn your resource respawn period to .01, go into the cave stand near where the metal spawns exit out and reload (with the same setting) I had a bug with the metal on the volcano and this eventually sorted it for me. Also herbivore island has plenty of metal and no natural predators, daunting swim though

17 hours ago, kevin62700 said:

There are 7 to 8 metal ore nodes/rocks on herbivore island. its on the south east of the map. if your resource health is at 6 you will get 150 to 200 metal per rock. Set respawn to 0 and as soon as you walk away they re-pop. you'll be in mountains of metal before you know it :) just don't build any structures past the beach or you might be to close for re spawn. And make sure you tame and use an ankly it'll be soooo fast you'll feel like dancing. Happy surviving! 

Archived