Just picked up the game on Steam...

ajwalters21

Title.

I have been watching a streamer play Atlas a lot lately and it seemed cool so I picked up Ark because Dinos > Pirates. 

So I have some questions..

Are there any servers with a decent community? Preferably with decent quality microphones and will actually talk

And maybe like a quickstart guide? The game doesn't seem to offer much of one

Thanks in advance!

ARK don't have an ingame in-built guide unlike ATLAS. I suggest looking up the community wiki and all its pages set up by the community (not staff) if you need help around.

Look around unofficial servers if decent community if what you are after. Official servers are mostly a hit and miss, and if you are a pvp player (which you shouldn't until you get the hang of the game), heres my advice: Unless you want hypertension, I advise not to join such server since you are mostly going to get offline-raided.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

ARK don't have an ingame in-built guide unlike ATLAS. I suggest looking up the community wiki and all its pages set up by the community (not staff) if you need help around.

Look around unofficial servers if decent community if what you are after. Official servers are mostly a hit and miss, and if you are a pvp player (which you shouldn't until you get the hang of the game), heres my advice: Unless you want hypertension, I advise not to join such server since you are mostly going to get offline-raided.

That seems to be a pretty common sentiment about the official servers. That's a shame but not surprising sadly. Any recommendations on finding good unofficial servers?

You chose the correct platform to play on. This is the most stable.

I can't help you with a server, I play Prim+, and just logging in to the game on that mod will test your patience. I would do the host/local option and play single player until you get the hang of it (level 40 or so). Then find an unofficial pvp cluster to play on.

1 hour ago, Nuggie said:

You chose the correct platform to play on. This is the most stable.

I can't help you with a server, I play Prim+, and just logging in to the game on that mod will test your patience. I would do the host/local option and play single player until you get the hang of it (level 40 or so). Then find an unofficial pvp cluster to play on.

The local singleplayer is a good idea. I am gonna try that. Thank you!

Here's a link to pc server advertisements found under the pc forums on this site. Reddit and FB have advertisements too. 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/90-server-advertisements/

Since you'll try single player first, you can input some of the servers settings to see if you like them as well.

You'll find testimonials plus you can just join a server and check interactions,  ask questions, etc. to see if it's the right fit. 

Archived