[BUG/ALERT!] Avoid Using Managarmr on the Island

Swordguy

Maybe I'm late to the party on this one, who knows.

A couple weeks ago, someone visited the island from extinction to browse various shops, and while they were flying on their Mana they were abruptly sent to the respawn screen with no death message for them or their Mana. Their corpse and Dino were never recovered. I wasn't there to see it happen first hand, only what was said in global chat.

Last week, I was flying on a Mana on the island and the same thing happened. My gear, the Mana, even where my body should have been, all gone with nothing in tribe log or any death message. I was flying one moment, then staring at a respawn screen the next.

Today, someone in our island alliance was leaving their base riding their Mana, they hopped over their fence and in mid-jump they were abruptly taken to the respawn screen.  Same scenario; they lost gear, their Mana, no trace of anything left behind, just the respawn screen.

What I know:

• all three incidents occurred at different parts of the map. Mine was north east, the fist was near green oby, and the most recent was in the south-east. 
  • Manas have not reappeared in the center of the map to my knowledge (although latest one is still too soon to say its gone)
  • Myself and the other two players all have Extinction, so its not an issue with not having the expansion
  • None of the incidents involved combat, or being in combat
  • I still use Manas on the island quite a bit (I breed them and losing dinos to any number of bugs is expected), and I have only experienced this happen to me once.

I use Manas quite frequently on Extinction, and have never experienced this or heard of this bug happening there. My fear is that this bug is too complicated to fix, and will make the mount worthless to sell on the island. I mean yes, there are teleporters and tek armor I can use to move around quick on the island, but between this bug and the threat of pvp'ers wanting Manas to be nerfed into uselessness, It's not looking good for those of us that love breeding them. 

Has anyone else experienced this bug on the Island, or on Extinction?  

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Its a wide known bug, whats happeneing is the server is lagging as youre jumping, as it catches up youve boosted too high and poof. You respawn and mana is either boosted above mesh dome or vanishes

In my case i was actually boosting forward and was about 50 feet above the ground, so probably went under the island map. 

This might be a well known bug in some circles, but everyone I've told in game had no idea and were upset/shocked about it. 

14 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

In my case i was actually boosting forward and was about 50 feet above the ground, so probably went under the island map. 

This might be a well known bug in some circles, but everyone I've told in game had no idea and were upset/shocked about it. 

Well now you know :) Its happening on all maps, the island just isnt as high as a sky barrier as some. Im sure theres other causes too

As far as I was aware this happens when you boost into the shield border above the map. I guess that would mean that it can happen on all maps but Extinction. Never heard about this happening at low altitudes before. In Extinction you dont have the border which could explain why this hasnt happened on Extinction. In Extinction youll go above the safe altitude where your implant starts to damage you instead.

For me personally I hit the border above the volcano on the Island which sent me to the respawn screen. Never found my body but found the mana below where I was.

28 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Well now you know :) Its happening on all maps, the island just isnt as high as a sky barrier as some. Im sure theres other causes too

To be fair, whether I know or not doesn't amount to much. The real question is whether the Developers know or care, and assuming everyone knows about a bug doesn't do much to solve it.

12 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

As far as I was aware this happens when you boost into the shield border above the map. I guess that would mean that it can happen on all maps but Extinction. Never heard about this happening at low altitudes before. In Extinction you dont have the border which could explain why this hasnt happened on Extinction. In Extinction youll go above the safe altitude where your implant starts to damage you instead.

For me personally I hit the border above the volcano on the Island which sent me to the respawn screen. Never found my body but found the mana below where I was.

In my case i definitely was not near the border or the ceiling of the map, i was just on the tail end of the boost animation heading toward the side of the bottom of metal mountain when the lag hit and I kept flying forward into the ground, then forced respawn. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The exact same thing happened to me now! (2019-08-19 03:30 AM GMT -3)

I was giving an ally a lift and we both just disappeared and the screen appeared for the selection of spawn points or beds. I searched everywhere I was with my Mana and it just disappeared without show in the tribe log or anything!

Map NA The Isle Server 839...

sad day...

Budget workaround - use your phones timer.  Set it for 14:30min and start it when the upload timer resets.  Then,  don’t fly when timer goes off until reset, then reset timer.

also, sometimes the mana will appear at 50,50 on the map.  I had a strange moment myself where I died randomly while riding a giga and noticed the death screen said I died at 50,50 even though I was nowhere near there.  The death was unexplainable also.  It seems to be a default location for things.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, GrumpyBear said:

Budget workaround - use your phones timer.  Set it for 14:30min and start it when the upload timer resets.  Then,  don’t fly when timer goes off until reset, then reset timer.

also, sometimes the mana will appear at 50,50 on the map.  I had a strange moment myself where I died randomly while riding a giga and noticed the death screen said I died at 50,50 even though I was nowhere near there.  The death was unexplainable also.  It seems to be a default location for things.auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver

If it went under and you didn’t get a death message,  then it could be under the map still.  Couldn’t hurt to file a report to get a gm to look for it.  They can do that without an appointment,  just give them your tribe name and location to return the animal to if they find it.  They will email you when they are done usually.

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 3:58 PM, Swordguy said:

Maybe I'm late to the party on this one, who knows.

A couple weeks ago, someone visited the island from extinction to browse various shops, and while they were flying on their Mana they were abruptly sent to the respawn screen with no death message for them or their Mana. Their corpse and Dino were never recovered. I wasn't there to see it happen first hand, only what was said in global chat.

Last week, I was flying on a Mana on the island and the same thing happened. My gear, the Mana, even where my body should have been, all gone with nothing in tribe log or any death message. I was flying one moment, then staring at a respawn screen the next.

Today, someone in our island alliance was leaving their base riding their Mana, they hopped over their fence and in mid-jump they were abruptly taken to the respawn screen.  Same scenario; they lost gear, their Mana, no trace of anything left behind, just the respawn screen.

What I know:

• all three incidents occurred at different parts of the map. Mine was north east, the fist was near green oby, and the most recent was in the south-east. 
  • Manas have not reappeared in the center of the map to my knowledge (although latest one is still too soon to say its gone)
  • Myself and the other two players all have Extinction, so its not an issue with not having the expansion
  • None of the incidents involved combat, or being in combat
  • I still use Manas on the island quite a bit (I breed them and losing dinos to any number of bugs is expected), and I have only experienced this happen to me once.

I use Manas quite frequently on Extinction, and have never experienced this or heard of this bug happening there. My fear is that this bug is too complicated to fix, and will make the mount worthless to sell on the island. I mean yes, there are teleporters and tek armor I can use to move around quick on the island, but between this bug and the threat of pvp'ers wanting Manas to be nerfed into uselessness, It's not looking good for those of us that love breeding them. 

Has anyone else experienced this bug on the Island, or on Extinction?  

What happens is the hamster wheel server and spaghetti code has a hard time calculating your X Y Z coords during the save so it just deletes you.

20 minutes ago, Demerus said:

What happens is the hamster wheel server and spaghetti code has a hard time calculating your X Y Z coords during the save so it just deletes you.

I wouldn’t put it past a speed hack check hitting a false positive at that moment.  

But that would mean they had that in place and I doubt that,  more like server has a processing fart on what you said.

Archived