Anky melee = more metal?

Thenakedbob

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

WHen I'm solo farming, spending the least amount of time wasted is a + for me.  So, simply wiping any obstacle asap is important for me.  Time is element.

But seriously, I can't have people thinking 1000+ melee is bad.  That will cut into my 563melee anky egg sales.  How am I supposed to afford mutating them continuously until they become the island dragon killer ankys they want to be? 1000+ melee ankys for the win.

I didn't really say 1000% melee is a bad thing.  I said, you don't need 1000% melee to defend yourself against Rexes!  Ankys have fairly high base damage, so they COULD do bossfights:  I've always dreamed of high level Ankys taking down a boss.  I think it would be amazing!  Especially with today's breeds and a really good saddle.  If you are going to bossfight, of course you'd want high melee.  But bossfights are not at all the same as finite-pool resource gathering.

21 hours ago, MicZee said:

my 530 anky gets to hit 2 times yielding twice as much per node. Try it 

I don't really agree with this statement. Thanks to Valguero I'm not able to use our high melee ankys so I've really been paying close attention to how much metal our current lower melee % anky gets. The way you state things is that since you get to swing twice you will get double the yield from the node but that's not the case at all when I'm harvesting. When I swing at a node and get, let's say, 50 metal from it I'm not getting an additional 50 metal from the next swing to finish the node like you are implying, I only harvest about 10-20 additional metal from the node and then it breaks. I would agree with the statement that the nodes have an hp bar and that different nodes have different hp levels but if you hit one and lower that bar by 80% you're not going to get another 80% the next time you swing, only the 20% that remains and that is the behavior I'm seeing from my harvesting.

I haven't put the time into charting the difference between how much metal each swing yields between a 550% and 1000% anky like clearly some on here have done, and kudos to you all for doing so, it's truly impressive. For me, I usually harvest solo so even if I sacrifice a little metal (theoretically) I'd prefer an anky that breaks the rock with one swing so I can maximize the use of my time and I know with 1000% certainty (pun intended) that I can protect myself from predators. Plus I'd just feel like an idiot putting points into anything but melee, why do you need more health if you can kill the threat faster? Though saying that it does make me curious to see what a max movement anky looks like waddling around at mach speed XD

Everyone want 800%+ anky and that's fine because you can sell it at higher price. If there is demand for placebo why won't you supply it?

I usually stop leveling melee at around 400% and put rest in weight. Yes I know you can go over its weight, but I'm farming solo with anky + argent and it is much more convenient for me to be able to ride anky as long as I can before I need to pick it up or whip, which will desync ankiylo's model and physical grabable thing most of the time.

is the only reason my anky has 746 melee, for when I take him to the mountain tops to farm metal,  I solo farm a lot, so having the extra melee damage does good when preditors come running out of nowhere.  a lot simpler then hopping off the anky, jumping onto the argy, grabbing anky and luring them off a cliff side, but that works too, just time consuming.  I also like to spend as little time as possible collecting materials, i.e.  I use a doedic more often then my rock elemental as the doedic is getting more stone per stone then the rock elemental, so it saves me time, and now that I have two doedic with equal stats, and a crab, I just grab both up, and walk around collecting stone.    The more time saved collecting the materials, the quicker I can get a base built. 

Just like this last weekend on Valguero, they turned 2x on and left it on so I took full advantage of it and harvested building materials to get my main base for the dino's done there, got about 75% of it done, luckly I had a high tamed mammoth, buck,  doedic and anky already before the weekend. 

Its really all about saving time for me.  and sense the one anky does get more metal then any of my other ankys per node, i'll keep doing it until something changes for me.

Archived