New forum rule

SmokeyB

So new forum rule 

No one can complain about ark or wildcard until they have made a better game themselves .

If you can't do any better yourself what right do you have to criticise their work?

Using this rule , who does it really leave to be able to say  anything ? Maybe a few people at blizzard , final fantasy 7 makers,  the dude who made pokemon , Skyrim and fallout devs , xcom devs halo devs and maybe the dude who made fortnite . And I can guarantee you if you asked those people about ark they would have positive things to say.

I don't make posts to complain about ark. Love the game enough to play past its problems. 

The issue with this rule is that I've paid money for this game. If I took this rule out of these forums, you're asking me to take my family out for a meal, spend £200 on food and drink then not say a word if the food and service is poor. 

Now, if there was a list of all the bugs on the purchase page that popped up like a disclaimer before clicking buy, then I may not have bought the game yet. Simply because I'd still be sat there reading through them all ?

43 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Imagine telling critics of movies that they have to build movies in order to critique movies. It's almost like saying that you don't understand what great movies and games are because you didn't code or shoot it with a camera... which makes absolutely no sense.

It's kind of true , some critic dude sits there and says snakes on a plane or starship troopers are bad movies but I'd like to see him do something better . And if you can't do better yourself then shouldn't you just appreciate the talents of other people who can ?

1 hour ago, SmokeyB said:

It's kind of true , some critic dude sits there and says snakes on a plane or starship troopers are bad movies but I'd like to see him do something better . And if you can't do better yourself then shouldn't you just appreciate the talents of other people who can ?

It does not work that way.

For example that new Star Wars movie. Yeah, no thanks. I don't need to make movies to know that was garbage.

You don’t have to be a director to understand a good movie from a bad. With that being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They bought that right when they chose to purchase the game. In the short amount of time I’ve been playing ark, I’ve noticed some pretty groundbreaking bugs. For a game that’s been out as long as ark has, most of the bugs should have been ironed out.

2 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Not if you spend money on it. If someone said they were going to sell you a kettle and you gave them £20 for it but it never worked when you got it home, would you not at least bring it up in conversation with them? 

When devs have taken money from me that I spent time working to earn, where's the difference if I question the reality of the product over the promise? 

58 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I've seen some pretty illogical posts in the past, but this one certainly takes the biscuit. So you're saying, unless we can provide a better service, we aren't allowed to criticise it? Why would you only want positive feedback when it gives little room for improvement?

2nd this

I don't know whether if this OP is drunk at this point of the post, or is just pure dumb. Critics don't give a poop whether or not they can post critiques here. Saying something like this is either going to reward you with a smelly spit on your face, or a wall of argument that will most likely never end.

Plus, you are not the forum mod here either, so you don't get to write the rules here. Only they can.

I don't get paid to make games what I do is trust my dollars to someone who does and I have the right to complain when the performance and customer service does not meet my expectations and/or lacks in comparison to other companies performances who do the same thing.

New forum rule;

Stop with nonsensical posts.

Archived