Some Item Ideas I Have....

SerOjedamur

So I have been thinking about new items that could be added that would enrich the game that much more. First off, I’ve been thinking of the weapons and how there really aren’t that many early to mid-game weapons. The pike is just a small metal spear with most of the handle behind you which makes no sense considering it’s called a pike. I was thinking that there could be a long pike similar more durable than a spear but with a longer life span. This way, you could fend off dinosaurs at a distance but it would become useless if they got too close. I was also thinking of a metal javelin that could be thrown and retrieved off of bodies that would might even injure the target slowly if they ran, jumped, or just did anything tiresome since you wouldn’t really be able to do that if you had a sharp object nailed into yo depending on the body part. Another weapon/tool i’ve Thought of is a knife. This is a survival game without knives which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense considering that it’s one of the most useful tools in existence. A knife could be an easy way to deal damage rapidly and harvesting certain things more easily. There could be fragile flint knives that break just like spears in the beginning and then more elaborate knives later on. Throwing knives could also be useful. Another thing i’ve been thinking of that would be pretty fun is that instead of just becoming slower when injured, you collapse onto the floor and crawl. It would feel more immersive and would be fun finding that guy you shot on the floor trying to crawl away. I’ve heard people talk about vehicles like motorcycles and cars but I feel like they would make tames obsolete so maybe they would need a hell of a lot of gas or use element in some way.   Maybe there should also be wagons that could be attached to pack animals or chariots for skirmishes and hunting quick game more easily. There could also be safezones that could be made in which towns could be built and markets where players trade and barter for resources and tames. The list could go on and on but i’m Gonna leave it as is and would appreciate your thoughts on my ideas.

i certainly agree with the pike and knife ideas. a throwable metal pike or a new weapon with enhanced range at an early level would be amazing. and i do have to agree with the concept of knifes with extra effects and durabilities and harvesting stats. although i don't see how we could incorporate new vehicles. we already have a tek atv and that thing is buggier than hell and where would you drive it? the terrain on all of the maps are just way to hilly and treacherous to be able to safely and effectively drive. now if some one made a map wit ha built in road system than i could absolutely see it as a mod. but then as you pointed out where would that leave tames unless you had a total conversion  mod that added modern tech i dont see how you could add cars and motorcycles or maybe even planes if you wanted to without making most dinos obsolete. all in all tho there great ideas and i cdertianly would like to see a few of them in game later on, weather as base game objects or mods!!!7uy

13 minutes ago, AcyanidePancake said:

i certainly agree with the pike and knife ideas. a throwable metal pike or a new weapon with enhanced range at an early level would be amazing. and i do have to agree with the concept of knifes with extra effects and durabilities and harvesting stats. although i don't see how we could incorporate new vehicles. we already have a tek atv and that thing is buggier than hell and where would you drive it? the terrain on all of the maps are just way to hilly and treacherous to be able to safely and effectively drive. now if some one made a map wit ha built in road system than i could absolutely see it as a mod. but then as you pointed out where would that leave tames unless you had a total conversion  mod that added modern tech i dont see how you could add cars and motorcycles or maybe even planes if you wanted to without making most dinos obsolete. all in all tho there great ideas and i cdertianly would like to see a few of them in game later on, weather as base game objects or mods!!!7uy

A skinning knife would be the tits. Gathers hide more effectivley than hatchet but no meat

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

A skinning knife would be the tits. Gathers hide more effectivley than hatchet but no meat

You would need some amount of obsidian to craft it too.  The sharp cleaved off edges of obsidian help to cleanly separate the skin from the body.

Alot of these ideas sound like they would help Prim+, because these kinds of concepts (throwing knifes, javelins, long-range pikes, more of a focus on melee combat, etc) are already focused on in that mod, BUT they haven't really been updating it for a while.

Either way, they are good ideas!

3 hours ago, Rattasaur said:

I wish we could intergrate Prim+ onto the base game like how DLC engrams can be used as long as you have learned them. There are a few nice gap filling items in Prim +

Like the wood shed or the miners box. semi dedicated storage that doesn't need crazy ingredients.

100% agree. Since P+ didnt go as smooth as they expected they should let us have most of the p+ building items that dont require weird ingredients.

Would be cool to have the axe, the utility items you suggested and the building pieces / deco would be awesome! Even if just the wood.

Archived