Ever catch yourself doing weird stuff that makes no sense?

Jemcrystal

I notice I always try to go to a Water Tap to drink instead of slurping from the ocean or river (TheIsland Map).  The tap can be completely out of the way.  And I might be standing next to a stream when thirst.  Yet my subconscious is thinking, "Drink from sink avoid germs."  Lol.

Also, for the longest time in this game I kept thinking that if I worked hard picking nodes and moved fast without breaks my player character would get warmer in cold weather.  I knew this wasn't true but couldn't break myself of feeling like hard work should produce a sweat.

And sometimes I yell at my pters when they get caught in buildings as if they could hear me.  I don't call them nice things at those times.  :D

haha I do all the things mentioned so far : / does anyone else spend all your time playing the floor is lava in your yard while watching babies? I will jump from dino to dino to rooftop then try to grind down the fence as far as possible.  I also will run all the way to the fridge to get "cold food" instead of eating food in my hotbar if i am at the house.

20 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

haha I do all the things mentioned so far : / does anyone else spend all your time playing the floor is lava in your yard while watching babies? I will jump from dino to dino to rooftop then try to grind down the fence as far as possible.  I also will run all the way to the fridge to get "cold food" instead of eating food in my hotbar if i am at the house.

All my chars have 130-140 speed and always run and glide about almost everywhere, when im raising ill parkour to the top of my building and glide the long way around to the other side. Great fun :) Lately I keep all gachas going while breeding.. through a good day of breeding ill pull in 3k+ hard poly

I always catch myself standing in my base for long periods of time looking at walls or nothing special as I try to plan my game session. "ok baby rex needs meat so I gotta do a meat run....oh wait I should load up the gachas before I leave so I have a nice pile of crystals waiting when I get back.....oh wait I am out of stone to feed the gachas, so I need to go farm stone so I can feed the gachas before the meat run....hmmm should I cryo my dinos to take with me on the meat run in case I find a OSD? If I do a OSD then that will count as a meat run right there.....although if I do a OSD then I might take to long getting food to my baby rex and I don't want to have to bail on wave five to go do feedings. Maybe I should cryo the babies before the meat run so I can take my time...well no then it will reset the imprint counter so I can't do that." 

NOTICE....YOUR BABY REX LVL 256 HAS STARVED

1 minute ago, Kawarriorking said:

I always catch myself standing in my base for long periods of time looking at walls or nothing special as I try to plan my game session. "ok baby rex needs meat so I gotta do a meat run....oh wait I should load up the gachas before I leave so I have a nice pile of crystals waiting when I get back.....oh wait I am out of stone to feed the gachas, so I need to go farm stone so I can feed the gachas before the meat run....hmmm should I cryo my dinos to take with me on the meat run in case I find a OSD? If I do a OSD then that will count as a meat run right there.....although if I do a OSD then I might take to long getting food to my baby rex and I don't want to have to bail on wave five to go do feedings. Maybe I should cryo the babies before the meat run so I can take my time...well no then it will reset the imprint counter so I can't do that." 

NOTICE....YOUR BABY REX LVL 256 HAS STARVED

Thats Ark man! @AngrySaltire and I observe that often and we call it "Arking"

Usually consists like this: Plan today: Do big base build. Get on, do a material run.. instead use to fill gachas, grind loot, dona cave run, breed 10 dinos, a million other things. Right before you log.. you realize %&*× I was supposed to base build today!!

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thats Ark man! @AngrySaltire and I observe that often and we call it "Arking"

Usually consists like this: Plan today: Do big base build. Get on, do a material run.. instead use to fill gachas, grind loot, dona cave run, breed 10 dinos, a million other things. Right before you log.. you realize %&*× I was supposed to base build today!!

or you are waiting on an egg to hatch so you decide to do chores... then forget, tribe mate wakes up and over discord you hear "why are there billions of dead baby velonosaurs in the workshop?" and i am like "actually there is 25 :("

1 minute ago, Kaprosuchus said:

or you are waiting on an egg to hatch so you decide to do chores... then forget, tribe mate wakes up and over discord you hear "why are there billions of dead baby velonosaurs in the workshop?" and i am like "actually there is 25 :("

Hahahahahha!! @AngrySaltire does that sound like me or what? 

I do that all the time.. :P 

30 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Pretty much Ark in a nutshell. Also Ark likes to throw things at you too. Today I shall metal run, do a cementing past rune run, hide run, build a base, breed a bit more, explore a bit....

whats that a 150 giga ? There goes those plans.

I get the worst ADD when Arking... I almost never do what I intended to do when I start the game. On an amusing side note - I have a tendency to "act out" whatever I am doing in the game in real life. I was unaware of this until my husband walked by the other day and asked why I was ducking and bobbing my head while playing... I was on the ground on a wyvern, making my way through some trees, so I was trying to "duck" under the branches and see through the trees. ?

42 minutes ago, Royalstar said:

Often when I’m waiting on a tame or something else boring I tend to constantly press L2 (aiming down sights) instantly release and then repeat with whatever weapon I have (bow, pistol, etc), which produces an obnoxiously loud sound that I can’t stop for whatever reason.

Other people can hear this too, we used to annoy other tribemates doing so :P 

On 2/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, JNoble said:

I get the worst ADD when Arking... I almost never do what I intended to do when I start the game. On an amusing side note - I have a tendency to "act out" whatever I am doing in the game in real life. I was unaware of this until my husband walked by the other day and asked why I was ducking and bobbing my head while playing... I was on the ground on a wyvern, making my way through some trees, so I was trying to "duck" under the branches and see through the trees. ?

reminds me one of my tribemates, he wakes up has a dozen things he wants to do, does 3% of every task, then logs off having done no actual things.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:32 PM, JNoble said:

This. And that. ?

On 2/8/2019 at 2:46 PM, ishootpaint said:

Im currently breeding mesopithicus, troodons and hyenadon. I would say 80% of my game play is weird stuff that makes so sense.

They all laughed when I said im shooting for lvl 300 born mesopithicus... In the end they will still be laughing but I will get my lvl 300 monkeys XD 

Don't feel bad...my base is literally known as Margi's Dodo Farm. I keep swearing I'm going to do something to actually progress my character (like be a big girl and risk the mountains to get the obsidian I need to get to electricity), but no....99.9% when I get off work I'll just go to my hatchery and hatch out another clutch of dodo eggs in my own personal quest to breed the ultimate ones XD

Archived