Sign in to follow this  
Viperscopic

Help me tame a Queen Bee :'(

I have tried wearing ghille and these micro bee's pop out her bum and sting me!

Then I tried crouching and she out ran me!

Finally ran and jumped and it said feed rare flower, went up abit... then I got stung! and she flew away and I couldnt catch her and she dissapeared!

This is such a falafalalafel ? <---------- thats a new word.

Any advice = thanks

I confirm, it can be difficult to tame one of these damn bees.

I managed to run towards her as soon as possible, with rare flowers, bug repellent and Ghillies outfit. Luck has done the rest, I suppose. In any case, all I can advise you is to persevere.

After, once you have one or two hive (see ten), you're quiet for a while! (I even think that you and your tribe will not be able to consume all the honey if you have more than ten!)

Good luck!

Bug Repellent and kibble are the key.  Like Shaker said, it's a one shot with kibble, and all of the bees go dormant after you get the queen tamed.  I have had a couple hives where the bees start to become active a few seconds later though, so don't hang around.

You just have to be patient. Like another person said, wait until 2x as it will be just that bit easier. I've tamed a couple, but tbh I failed more than I succeeded, and I put it down to patience and luck whenever I got mine. 

What I do is spray bug spray,  rpg the hive from a good distance away, wait a few seconds and see where the queen goes, crouch and creep up to her, feed her, move away, repeat. Just pike any bees that come after you. I'd leave your bird on a rock somewhere on passive too incase it all goes to poop. I've lost a bird or two doing this so trust me, you don't want them as protection lol. 

3 hours ago, Viperscopic said:

I have tried wearing ghille and these micro bee's pop out her bum and sting me!

Just dont come too close, the hitbox for feeding it is a tiny bit larger then the agro range of the drones. (Ps. Bring med brews).

• Thanks 1

I've not bothered with bees since direbear's got the TLC pass, honey production is fairly slow (1 every 45 mins according to wiki? seems a bit faster irl) so if you're wanting them to make cakes with it's faster to use a bear as you can get 60 honey per hour from a single wild hive, there's usually at least 6 or 7 on Rag between green obi & the canyons so can get at least 90 per run then go back 15 mins later for more, the only advantage with a hive is the spoil time but you need a lot if you're making cakes for boss therizinos/rhinos or bullet soakers for PvP, really depends on what you want them for, game mode, base location etc