What is wrong with this game?

Worstgameever

I cannot believe I bought this game. It seems like EVERYTHING is broken. I assumed an indie developer created this. It's an embarrassment on all game alike. Buy this game if you want lots of new content tons of new dinosaurs but NOTHING ever getting fixed. Tons of bugs. Literally everything is bugged. Like not being able to fire your bow? Like getting stuck for hours without being able to die? Then this game is for you. Its beyond sad. It's like some stupid kid created this and was happy screwing over the world who bought it. Not to mention people just buy dinosaurs and cheat to get them then one hit kill everything and HOURS you put into the game. Hands down biggest regret was playing this game. I'm old school too I even really enjoy old 2d games and this still is the most amount of my life I've ever wasted. I haven't even played that long, thank God, because you will never be satisfied with the level of amateur programming that went into this game.. Save your money, time, and life and play another game or wait until someone makes a half decent dinosaur game.

Characters getting deleted. Character getting stuck. Game freezing. Constant lag. Items malfunctioning. Dinosaurs not responding. Dinosaurs glitching. I can't even go on it's such a joke I just want to warn you and save your time. I cannot be more serious. Hands down worst game I've ever played. Dont get me wrong cool concept and all but the people who made it must be self taught. It should be illegal for someone to sell a flat out broken product. Snake oil peddlers right here.

Just now, Worstgameever said:

Characters getting deleted. Character getting stuck. Game freezing. Constant lag. Items malfunctioning. Dinosaurs not responding. Dinosaurs glitching. I can't even go on it's such a joke I just want to warn you and save your time. I cannot be more serious. Hands down worst game I've ever played. Dont get me wrong cool concept and all but the people who made it must be self taught. It should be illegal for someone to sell a flat out broken product. Snake oil peddlers right here.

1. Check game requirements before purchasing - you may have not have a GPU that is good enough.

2. Check videos of people playing ARK and see how smooth the experience can be

3. Yes, its an indie developer, not triple A title from Blizzard. This came out of early access and even with its many flaws its an enjoyable game for most

4. If you dont like, get a refund - dont post on the forums in a petulant little rant like a teenager who just lost at CoD.

And think of all the AAA games made by top developers that offer 20 hours total game play , barely any multilayer and ask 60 pound for it . They then run fake advertising campaigns to sell it and make it look good . Looking at you division .  

When you have a game this big with this much building and  open world sandbox pvp and so many people online riding animals all doing their own thing , I am amazed it works at all , I can exept a few bugs with such a huge world .

I HAD to post. I really wouldn't regularly but I really wished someone had warned me. You have no idea what you're talking about by the way. Everything is up to par. I understand you defending the game but you must be really bored in life to think this game deserves anything other than negative feedback.

1 hour ago, Worstgameever said:

I cannot believe I bought this game. It seems like EVERYTHING is broken. I assumed an indie developer created this. It's an embarrassment on all game alike. Buy this game if you want lots of new content tons of new dinosaurs but NOTHING ever getting fixed. Tons of bugs. Literally everything is bugged. Like not being able to fire your bow? Like getting stuck for hours without being able to die? Then this game is for you. Its beyond sad. It's like some stupid kid created this and was happy screwing over the world who bought it. Not to mention people just buy dinosaurs and cheat to get them then one hit kill everything and HOURS you put into the game. Hands down biggest regret was playing this game. I'm old school too I even really enjoy old 2d games and this still is the most amount of my life I've ever wasted. I haven't even played that long, thank God, because you will never be satisfied with the level of amateur programming that went into this game.. Save your money, time, and life and play another game or wait until someone makes a half decent dinosaur game.

:Jerbcry::Jerbcry:

1 hour ago, Worstgameever said:

I get it, as do many of us who have thousands of hours in the game.  The bugs suck, man.  Dead dinos, lost equipment, autodecayed structures, and yes, getting stuck.  Many more issues plague this game and many of us are still waiting for fixes to the base game that were advertised years ago.  Structures Plus started as a bespoke modification by the ARK player Orionsun, and parts of it are coming to the game now after years of waiting.  We still wait for word on DX12 implementation, but I am of the opinion that it is never coming.  I am happy to be wrong if it does.

They are EVEN trying to "fix" at the moment the not-broken:  A system of taming food that functions perfectly fine though it is complicated, because the community has convinced themselves this will solve another huge issue with the game: The serverwide tamecaps that prevent people from taming or breeding on the PvE version.  Spending precious post-Extinction resources to correct a problem that is not a problem is in my opinion foolhardy and ill-advised.  As the Kibble Rework rolls out, it will undoubtedly lead to heartache for some as bugs are discovered that waste resources and as the truth sets in for the mindless drones championing it...  That it is unneeded, that it isn't going to help the game really, and that for sure isn't going to do a single thing about any tamecap problems in the game.

But for all the bad in this game (and there is plenty), if you find your groove in ARK, it has hooks like no other.  I have gamed since 1995 on PC (way earlier on consoles), and this is and has been a singular experience.  The lows are bad in any game, but the lows in ARK can really hurt you.  In my experience, it has that power because it can also take you to highs that are rarely achievable in any other platform.  I have played far too much since 2015, and am still at it.  There are still many things I want to do:  Building projects, bossfights, breeding, exploration, modding, testing, and eagerly waiting for new content.

If it isn't for you, farewell:  Believe me man...  I get it.  Many of us do.  Good luck in other gaming endeavors!

2 hours ago, Worstgameever said:

All that sounds like he has just been reading the negative reviews and not even played the game. 

Character loss was bad when every one and their mom was duping during early access and abb release . It was caused by joining a server that then had a roll back before sever save . A problem created by players cheating that has mostly died out.

Freezing and lag are Internet problems , any games with loads of people actively pvping will have lag. 

And glitchin and falling through the floor are unreal engine issues . All games that use that engine have similar problems.

Ark Devs did the best they could with the technology available to them 5 years ago. 

Man, this is just a 95€ indie game dont expect it not to have gamebreaking bugs....

25 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

And glitchin and falling through the floor are unreal engine issues . All games that use that engine have similar problems.

Completely true, I've seen a lot of fortnite gameplays and players are constantly falling trough the floor and getting glitched.

To be honest man I get where your coming from but this game just has so many interesting aspects for you that even if you are the best on your server there is still something for you to do. Ya its laggy and WC might be a little slow but I hate to break it to you, welcome to Ark, just because this isn't a triple A game doesn't mean you can just go ranting about because it wasn't made by some huge company.

Thanks for all who replied. I decided to give it another go. Waste of more time. I kind of like the game but it is so bad. When I say everything is glitched I literally mean everything. Even down to just moving your character will get glitched. It's not like these glitches are rare you constantly get glitched its beyond reasonable. This game constantly freezes up (lag I guess but not on my end). On a different note, my 3 friends and I made a tree fort. Tamed 2 Rex, an argentavis, doedicorous, castoroid, iguanadon, phioma, and dilophosaurs. Well less than 24 hours after guys riding high level wyverns came in and killed everything. Fully grown plant species x probably didn't even dent them. I understand people will do that and dinos will die, but that's another thing, you cant even tame wyverns on the island and these insanely stupid creators allow you to bring them in and out match anything you could tame. This game could be awesome if it didn't have the most stupid and amateur people making it.

10 minutes ago, Worstgameever said:

Thanks for all who replied. I decided to give it another go. Waste of more time. I kind of like the game but it is so bad. When I say everything is glitched I literally mean everything. Even down to just moving your character will get glitched. It's not like these glitches are rare you constantly get glitched its beyond reasonable. This game constantly freezes up (lag I guess but not on my end). On a different note, my 3 friends and I made a tree fort. Tamed 2 Rex, an argentavis, doedicorous, castoroid, iguanadon, phioma, and dilophosaurs. Well less than 24 hours after guys riding high level wyverns came in and killed everything. Fully grown plant species x probably didn't even dent them. I understand people will do that and dinos will die, but that's another thing, you cant even tame wyverns on the island and these insanely stupid creators allow you to bring them in and out match anything you could tame. This game could be awesome if it didn't have the most stupid and amateur people making it.

Why don’t transfer to Ragnarok and get your own Wyverns?

I forgot to mention, this game has these dinosaurs called alpha predators. And one is called an alpha raptor. Alpha predators are just one huge glitch. Getting stuck in them, them getting stuck, stuck attacking nothing or a dead corpse that should get collected. They also dont seem to function properly. They run way faster than you and are much harder than their non alpha counterpart. Whats crazy is I read they were added because people complained the game was too easy. Dont be fooled those people were the ones riding around on gigantosauraus (dino bigger than a t rex) and wyvern.( also people cheat spawn dinosaurs and buy dinosaurs for real money) If you happen to stumble on this post wondering if you should get this game, dont. It can be fun but it's so crap. And dont listen to most of these people defending the game. They get highly offended when you attack something they like and start calling you names.

11 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Why don’t transfer to Ragnarok and get your own Wyverns?

I mean that would be my next move so I could stand a chance, but it's not a solution. I've never raised a wyvern and I would have liked to, but at this point I believe its going to be a huge waste of time. This game is just too buggy and way to poorly thought out/made.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:09 PM, TheDonn said:

I get it, as do many of us who have thousands of hours in the game.  The bugs suck, man.  Dead dinos, lost equipment, autodecayed structures, and yes, getting stuck.  Many more issues plague this game and many of us are still waiting for fixes to the base game that were advertised years ago.  Structures Plus started as a bespoke modification by the ARK player Orionsun, and parts of it are coming to the game now after years of waiting.  We still wait for word on DX12 implementation, but I am of the opinion that it is never coming.  I am happy to be wrong if it does.

They are EVEN trying to "fix" at the moment the not-broken:  A system of taming food that functions perfectly fine though it is complicated, because the community has convinced themselves this will solve another huge issue with the game: The serverwide tamecaps that prevent people from taming or breeding on the PvE version.  Spending precious post-Extinction resources to correct a problem that is not a problem is in my opinion foolhardy and ill-advised.  As the Kibble Rework rolls out, it will undoubtedly lead to heartache for some as bugs are discovered that waste resources and as the truth sets in for the mindless drones championing it...  That it is unneeded, that it isn't going to help the game really, and that for sure isn't going to do a single thing about any tamecap problems in the game.

But for all the bad in this game (and there is plenty), if you find your groove in ARK, it has hooks like no other.  I have gamed since 1995 on PC (way earlier on consoles), and this is and has been a singular experience.  The lows are bad in any game, but the lows in ARK can really hurt you.  In my experience, it has that power because it can also take you to highs that are rarely achievable in any other platform.  I have played far too much since 2015, and am still at it.  There are still many things I want to do:  Building projects, bossfights, breeding, exploration, modding, testing, and eagerly waiting for new content.

If it isn't for you, farewell:  Believe me man...  I get it.  Many of us do.  Good luck in other gaming endeavors!

Thank you for taking the time and all the information. I understand what you mean. It did have exciting moments but the bs is too much for me. I wanted to see past it and enjoy it more but it's pretty ridiculous. I feel if I play any more I'll just constantly keep regretting it.

21 minutes ago, Worstgameever said:

Thank you for taking the time and all the information. I understand what you mean. It did have exciting moments but the bs is too much for me. I wanted to see past it and enjoy it more but it's pretty ridiculous. I feel if I play any more I'll just constantly keep regretting it.

Hahaha, no problem.  Run while you still can...  Because if ARK gets its hooks in, you are boned!

I just had an absolute max level (a wild 150 female, the birth comes to 225) Reaper King baby -VANISH- inside my base.  It didn't starve, it didn't die, it just vanished.  Of course 15 hours later it shows up on tribe log as "starved" which is horsepiss.  I submitted a ticket that will most likely be laughed at by the lackadaisical skeleton-crew of a support team that "Grapeshot" studios (Grapeshot IS WildCard, they just rebranded to develop Atlas with impunity from the bad things/PR around ARK) has left WildCard.  There will be no recompense to me losing this dino from a 100% unavoidable game bug, and regardless of what any knuckle-dragging, white-knighting, blame-passing moron would tell me, nothing was done wrong, nothing needs to be done differently.  It is a bug, and nothing will be done about it.  They will send me the equivalent of a support-industry form-letter, telling me in different words (but essentially the same message), "LOL THAT SUUUUUCKS!!! But we got nothing for you dood, no replacement.  But please keep playing, and if you wanna submit a BUG REPORT you can.  Really though, we aren't working on bugs, we are working on Atlas.  SO RIP YOUR BABY, and keep on surviving you dumb DireWolf!"

The worst part is.......  I will.  Because I love ARK.  And I hate ARK.

EDIT:  "DireWolf" is the forum-censorship's equivalent for a child born outside of wedlock...  Never actually seen that before.  Thought I'd pass it along.

game is indeed FULL of bugs, many of which we dont directly notice.
why would a piranha chew on stone structures.
gigas and alot of other predators run away from you like if they have the baby flee bug.
a mana can almost freely kill a giga without the giga bothering with you. but all the insects aggro on the mana.
the egg incubation timer is not synchronized with the server timer, but the spoil timer is............
and the list goes on and on....

I feel you mate.

WC are the worst game company of all time. Look it up yourself, it's too much bullpoop for I to comment here. But the game is not that bad, and some bugs you mentioned are actually in-game mechanics, for example you mentioned a bow "bug". That isn't a bug, you cannot reload a bow while sprinting. Though I understand that you consider it a bug, because of the whacky animation. 

On 2/11/2019 at 8:49 AM, MarkMartin said:
On 2/11/2019 at 8:49 AM, MarkMartin said:

I feel you mate.

WC are the worst game company of all time. Look it up yourself, it's too much bullpoop for I to comment here. But the game is not that bad, and some bugs you mentioned are actually in-game mechanics, for example you mentioned a bow "bug". That isn't a bug, you cannot reload a bow while sprinting. Though I understand that you consider it a bug, because of the whacky animation. 

Well I looked It up and this programmer destroys this game worse than I could have imagined. That's obvious have you played that long? Stand still shoot your crossbow and see how many shots you can get off before it refuses to reload or function... it's a joke.

• 9 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, Worstgameever said:

its probably a bug in the server your playing. or maybe your internet. its not the games fault because it works absolutely fine for me maybe what your playing on cant handle the game or the server you play on but its kind of disrespectful making fun of wild card please dont like attack me because of this but its not the games fault its either your platform or  the server you play or maybe your game might be a bit corrupted or scratched if its a disc

Archived