Dodo Arrow + Quetz

Bush84

So I watched a few videos and have read a few threads on the new dodos. I haven’t however seen how dodo arrows effect a quetz. I don’t really see this arrow being useful for anything else but a quetz. I mean what else is unreachable and runs when you go after it?  So I grabbed a griffin and took off. Turns out they do work on quetz. After a short bit...maybe 20 seconds...not sure wasn’t paying attention. Anyways after a bit it turns around. I don’t think it was really that far to de aggro. It’s head was was essentially up my backside when it turned around. The interesting thing is that when I turned around to kill it the quetz fought back. So you could easily use an arrow to get it down to a trap. This would be useful to control the exact spot it’s being tamed. As opposed to fighting off boas, Rex, argys, or even worse terror birds. Hate terror birds. 

The Tapejara would be useful. I’ve never tamed one as I play single and don’t see a use for it. It’d be handy to fly two survivors but I don’t think it’s as fast as a ptera. Feel free to correct me or enlighten me as to what their use is. 

The others can be picked up by an argy or quetz and dropped in a pen. 

The tapejara is functionally a cross between the pteradon and argie as far as speed goes, but is much more maneuverable.  You can spin on a tapejara but stay in the same exact location.  You can also reverse I think.  So they make better baiters and corrallers for gigas and titans.  Most carnivore dinos can no longer be picked up by a quetz or an argie.

I’m not sure what vtol stands for. 

I can see the usefulness of increased maneuverability, but for larger carnivores that I can’t pick up I just use my max speed argy with a good saddle and a trap. If I can’t pick it up or entice it into a trap then this arrow would be useful. In my experience the quetz and the tape (thanks for alerting me of this) are the only two I can pick up or entice into a trap. 

Archived