Community Poll of 8400 suggests Mana's are ruining PvP

Bugsy

A community poll done by ShaneTheShadow on his Youtube channel reached a pretty large subset of the Ark player base.  8400 People.  (*current average player count at 33,802)

With all the hype about S+ and the Modding Contest, we see little talk of PvP Balance.  Just a quick scroll through the comments of this poll highlights even more issues then Managarmrs, Titans.

How has this been overlooked for so long, and how long will it continue to push players away from the game before being addressed?  Personally, I've had an entire cluster get closed over Titan raiding. Continuously seeing friends leave for other games, not Atlas, because how stale PvP has gotten in the new Mana Meta.  What's worse is, server owners are cutting the cord and the Ark player base is half of what it was for Extinction's launch. https://steamcharts.com/app/346110  Now I can't say everyone left because of PvP,  but I can say a 100% of those I was playing with, have.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBj51z6msFQiX4pfmDejeZw/community?lb=Ugz55g-wl_oJt9rxEq94AaABCQ

At what point will PvP be looked at?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See when the counter to something is another one of the same thing, that is not balance, in fact that is the opposite of balance. And also if people doubt the legitimacy of a youtube poll on this issue then cant we create a forum poll? Im new to this forum so I dont know if such things can be done, otherwise make a reddit poll and start a thread with a link to it. Then we can truly get an accurate taste of how the majority is leaning. I have a feeling that it will sill be anti mana but would be interesting to see. 

So enough time wasting how do we set up a forum poll? anyone know is it possible? if not then I guess we do reddit no? 

In my experience any hotly debated game mechanic or feature that is deemed to be OP, no matter what game it is, will have a loud minority legion of kiddies lying in wait, lurking in shadows and ready to pounce on the opportunity to defend there beloved OPness, because lets face it some people dont have enough self confidence in there abilities to be comfortable having no OP option to fallback on when things are going south.

14 minutes ago, HoboNation said:

See when the counter to something is another one of the same thing, that is not balance, in fact that is the opposite of balance.

Easy there Thanos

Image result for perfectly balanced as all things should be gif

How many times does WC have to nerf Manas? Does the PVP crowd want them removed completely?

That's what it seems is the only thing that will make you all happy.

All I can tell you is if you bring a Knife to a Gun fight, there is a small chance you are walking out of it alive.

So yes countering mana with mana is your best possible option at this time.

Also keep in mind, no game will ever truly be 100% balanced. What tips the scales is strategy and cunning.

When you can mass breed lvl 300 plus manas there is no hope for balance. 

They have the best mobility coupled with the best dps at incredible range pair that with the ease of breeding them and they  become the best tame. 

You can't pick the rider or snipe him as they are way too fast. No land tame can catch it . The breath makes nothing able to get close to it.

On the other hand how can you nerf them without making them completely useless. They already need 40 levels in stamina to be usefull. 

4 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Easy there Thanos

Image result for perfectly balanced as all things should be gif

How many times does WC have to nerf Manas? Does the PVP crowd want them removed completely?

That's what it seems is the only thing that will make you all happy.

All I can tell you is if you bring a Knife to a Gun fight, there is a small chance you are walking out of it alive.

So yes countering mana with mana is your best possible option at this time.

Also keep in mind, no game will ever truly be 100% balanced. What tips the scales is strategy and cunning.

Agains manas there is no strategy and cunning . We raided a base with titans and everything , they only had one guy online , he was on a mana and there was just no way we could catch him . Like 6 of us . If he wanted to escape he could ,even from our manas . 

The power to engage and disengage at will is too powerful . 

10 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

At this point that is all they have going for them aside from their speed because since the PVPers QQ'ed and made WC nerf range and dmg you can't even kill a pteranodon with the damn thing.

Sounds way too powerful yes.

So thank you guys for that.

Any one ever played elder scrolls online ? It's the same problem there.  Nightblades can turn invisible at will . Engaging and disengaging at will.  They have so many nerfs over the years they are by far the weakest class at everything,  but the simple design of the class with the power to chose fights makes it permanently op , even after everything else is buffed to nearly one shot them. 

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

At this point that is all they have going for them aside from their speed because since the PVPers QQ'ed and made WC nerf range and dmg you can't even kill a pteranodon with the damn thing.

Sounds way too powerful yes.

So thank you guys for that.

So true, you now need to get up close and personal with EVERYTHING in order for the mana to be remotely effective. I presently use a 250 base 100% imprinted mana, and it's just not good at anything beyond about 3 or so mana-lengths distance. 

36 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Build your bases accordingly  to mana raids change up your routine  if you can't kill one guy on a mana ide suggest pve...because you suck xD tons of ways to counter the mana ...

The amount of people that say that! just to have a dig and not 1 example to back the useless statement.

59 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Build your bases accordingly  to mana raids change up your routine  if you can't kill one guy on a mana ide suggest pve...because you suck xD tons of ways to counter the mana ...

I was on the desert titan , no way whatsoever to catch him , tribe mate in the ice titan tanking bullets , couldn't catch the mana , we had  2 manas our selves and a snow owl  , the whole lot of them couldn't catch it . He would jump out of render lose the chasers and then come back to shoot us while we was tanking his base . It was really annoying made the raid take ages , he was still jumping around after his base was wiped. 

There is no way to really kill a good mana driver that knows what he's doing.

1 hour ago, Viperscopic said:

The amount of people that say that! just to have a dig and not 1 example to back the useless statement.

Example...I defended my base against 10 raiders all on mana I killed all of them on my mana an killed all the tames they was using to raid place purlovia inside ur bases use micro raptors use dino leashes to block the ice breath do some research on youtube....get gud as they say 

^^^^

Lycan is 100% right manas don't need a nerf people need to learn their counters. place dino leashes around your base and it goes back to raiding without manas it 100% nullifys them. The "get gud" is the truth! People that cant just walk up and pike something to defend themselves are the ones complaining on the forums. A vast number of pvpers love them both offensively and defensively and there are still loads of way to deal with them on both ends. The mana is a niche tame any nerf to it ruins the tame as a whole.

3 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Agains manas there is no strategy and cunning . We raided a base with titans and everything , they only had one guy online , he was on a mana and there was just no way we could catch him . Like 6 of us . If he wanted to escape he could ,even from our manas . 

So the player escapes but his stuff gets wrecked...

You are choosing to PvP don't complain just because someone is using tactics you don't like.

Where are your snipers to take care of this guys from a distance?  Where are your team members on manas so you can catch em?  Where is your team member on a snow owl so you can ice bomb them to hold them still while others open up on it?  Many options, its PvP you need to constantly update your tactics for the new threats/defenses. 

PvP is not a duel where two parties agree to the weapons and whatnot being used.

4 hours ago, HoboNation said:

See when the counter to something is another one of the same thing, that is not balance, in fact that is the opposite of balance. And also if people doubt the legitimacy of a youtube poll on this issue then cant we create a forum poll? Im new to this forum so I dont know if such things can be done, otherwise make a reddit poll and start a thread with a link to it. Then we can truly get an accurate taste of how the majority is leaning. I have a feeling that it will sill be anti mana but would be interesting to see. 

So enough time wasting how do we set up a forum poll? anyone know is it possible? if not then I guess we do reddit no? 

Yep when the only way to counter something is to use that same thing then you know there is a major balance issue.

Archived