Is the managarm suppose to be the only viable mount for pvp ?

covenantgrunt

The managarms pounce got removed and the ice breath damage was reduced. But it still feels the same. You go fight a mana with any other dino you lose. It takes them longer to kill you now, but they will kill you make no mistake. The freeze tames + insane mobility combination is broken. I am wondering if there is any plans to revisit the mana more.  It seems there is no reason to be riding anything other than a managarmr when fighting.

Lol just wait they will revamp the owl next because it’s better at healing than the battle pig and it will freeze dinosaurs near by. Only thing is I was using the mana to tame the titans but with the reduced damage at long range it’s useless to me now. And I put in time to breed the mana for taming the titans. Wish they were able to fix the pvp issues with out messing with the PVE servers.

4 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

The managarms pounce got removed and the ice breath damage was reduced. But it still feels the same. You go fight a mana with any other dino you lose. It takes them longer to kill you now, but they will kill you make no mistake. The freeze tames + insane mobility combination is broken. I am wondering if there is any plans to revisit the mana more.  It seems there is no reason to be riding anything other than a managarmr when fighting.

Tbh, there isnt a way to nerf mana at all. They are just too broken even if you nerf a lot of its stat.

From what I have seen the answer to OP question is a massive resounding YES. This is exactly what the devs seem to be intending, Perhaps they want to create a situation where if you arent using a Mana then you stand no chance and may aswell only play PvE, next step will be to slowly start removing other less relevant dinos one by one until eventually all that is left is the mana, think about how much easier the devs jobs would be if there was only one creature in the game, just mana's. It'l probably take them about a year to slowly make all other creatures unplayable in comparison to the mana and then slowly start phasing them out, but it seems to be their vision so yeah... guess we bend over and take it or find a new game???

I dont know about base stats etc and I have only tamed one Mananananaagggrrrmrmrmr. Does it have a saddle? If not, the armour reduction would leave it vulnerable. I would be tempted to use one of my Bears to take on a Magnammmammrmmar but again, I dont play PvP on ARK (well rarely) so I havent used a Maganananmm other than the 1 time I tamed it, and it sailed off into the sky to never be seen again.

Bears are somewhat forgotten about, Thylas are dependable in PvP too, so would either of these stack up against a Mag - if not, why?

8 minutes ago, Anarki said:

I dont know about base stats etc and I have only tamed one Mananananaagggrrrmrmrmr. Does it have a saddle? If not, the armour reduction would leave it vulnerable. I would be tempted to use one of my Bears to take on a Magnammmammrmmar but again, I dont play PvP on ARK (well rarely) so I havent used a Maganananmm other than the 1 time I tamed it, and it sailed off into the sky to never be seen again.

Bears are somewhat forgotten about, Thylas are dependable in PvP too, so would either of these stack up against a Mag - if not, why?

It gets an ascendant saddle,  and can be bred for more damage reduction. 

It may well lose to a bear if they sit head to head and bite each other.  Just barely . But a mana will never sit still. It will jump in the air and freeze the rider from the bear . Once dismounted it will k8ll the rider 5hen the bear . The bear will never get a hit on the mana.

34 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

It gets an ascendant saddle,  and can be bred for more damage reduction. 

It may well lose to a bear if they sit head to head and bite each other.  Just barely . But a mana will never sit still. It will jump in the air and freeze the rider from the bear . Once dismounted it will k8ll the rider 5hen the bear . The bear will never get a hit on the mana.

Thanks for the explanation... nerf the saddle, remove it, remove the dismounting and it might even it up slightly. The Freeze breath is possibly fine as but having a saddle is way OP and a dismounting too.

Glad I dont play PvP much on ARK, on Atlas, its a different kettle of fish as its player v player as opposed to Player and Animal type v player and animal type.

The whole Extinction DLC is a mess. It's clear no thought went into balance when the devs created it. It is almost as if they had a whiteboard where everyone got to add their most favourite OP idea short of adding god mode and then they decided to create it.

There are TItans with 500,000 hit points that fly and rapidly destroy TEK structures, you have MEKs that act as long range artillery, Owls that come with inbuilt radar that let you see everyone, Velos that act as free miniguns/turrets and then lastly you have the Menas that serve the role of air superiority fighter beating every other dino.

It's like an all in one total domination DLC, pay to win for $10. It's clever marketing though I will give them that, other players when they see how rapidly they are being destroyed by stuff from this DLC, will immediately go and purchase it. $$$

Managarmr can have its damage and stats adjust all day long day long and wil make no difference. This creature can not be balanced ever while its long range weapon is coupled with cc dismount which is a near death sentence to other flyers. 

Only one thing can fix it. Turn the ice to a slow like ice wyvern not a stun nor a dismount.

Archived