How to properly reset mutations (Breeding)

WolfBrink

So heres the scenario. You want to start breeding for more damage mutations on a boss rex you bought. It's current mutations are destroyed (2019383/20) (1949582/20).

What's the proper steps to take? I think I'm going in the right direction, just want too make sure.

As of right now I took the Male I bought, and bred it into a Wild F.  The Baby popped with all of the males stats! And is a F! Also the Mateilineal line has reset to 0/20. That's where I am at right now.

You will not be able to remove the mutation points on children of that rex. All you can do is breed the "overmutated" one with wild tames or with "clean" ones that are not over 20 mutations yet. The offspring will always have the 4 million mutation points of that father. Those cannot be erased in any way. The mutations can still be increased but at a much lower chance than if it would be below 20 still though.

1 hour ago, Campi said:

Those cannot be erased in any way.

It might be possible by overflowing the variable. ARK is written in C so most(all) variables should have a type that defines its boundaries. I think if you get to 2^31 mutations on one side it'll either reset or go negative (i remember someone reporting that the latter is the case).

But that would be an abuse...

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, ETZO said:

I’m at that point as well but what do I do there just keep breeding with the wild Dino not sure what steps to take. Please help.

Correct. All you can do to have a mute chance is to breed the high mute with less than 19/20 mute partners.

The best way is to get that high mute on a male so he can breed with many less than 19/20 partners, thus giving you more chances for a mutation.

Archived