Jump to content
Jemcrystal

They are bottlenecking the map on purpose!

Recommended Posts

Old advanced in-the-know players are ON PURPOSE building large buildings and filling them with saddled bronts plus other extra big dinos that they will never use for any reason.  Other than to bottle neck sections of the map. 

Why pillar when you can crash-out the competition? 

Older players wont use the cryopods.  They don't have a need for that because they don't want new players to access THEIR part of the map.  And on Beginner it's worse because Beginner isn't even allowed to have cryopods!  Also, why make the cryopods the answer to the lag issue and then make them hard to get and punishable with some kind of sickness?  

Lag is caused by three things:  

1) Oversized buildings full of dinos all in one spot close together.

2) Multiple spawn-ins of wild dinos all at same time instead of spaced out.  Esp the bronts and alpha rapts.

3) Overcrowding.  Note number three is the least of the lag problems and could be ignored if one and two were resolved.

-----  a) Servers with to many players logging in all at once (steam free weekends promotions etc).

-----  b) All players living on the same server because it's a trade vestibule. 

 

Oh but lets tie the devs up with kibble because that is so much more important.  :(  And I suppose the devs are actually happy with the failure of PvE so they can "I told you so you should have loved only PvP like we originally designed the game.  See.  Told ya so.  Seeee."

This is an insanely amazing game and it's ratings should be much higher.  But it will never reach it's fullest if the lag/disconnect issues are not dealt with.

Capture.png

  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Cryofridge only requires a generator

Still needs to be crafted in a Tek Replicator right? Or do Obs etc let you craft a fridge in them? 

 

I unlocked the fridge solo on official but realized it wouldn't help if I couldn't craft it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rattasaur said:

Unfortunately, without a cryo fridge and a Tek generator to power it, Those cryopods have a limited lifespan.

But 25 days is better than nothing

 

 No they can be put in regular fridges and last 60 days so I'd go that approach!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aylana314159 said:

The OP is on the beginner server and dosen't get to the industrial tier.

Then i suggest he/she moves to real servers and quits complaining about game balanced when based upon beginner servers.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Those servers are level capped just before industrial teir. They arent designed to be permanent servers, but for players to play and then move on to the regular servers.

Oh didn't know that was a thing... 

 

Most officials have empty servers everywhere to practice on lol Sure you get wiped by the 3-4 members of an alpha that actively patrol but w/e. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rancor said:

Oh didn't know that was a thing... 

 

Most officials have empty servers everywhere to practice on lol Sure you get wiped by the 3-4 members of an alpha that actively patrol but w/e. 

Thats mostly for PvP server though. PvE are rather populated at certain times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You realize tho, that the kibble rework might resolve the lag issue a bit? Right now you need two of almost every species to get the kibble. This results in huge farms just to cook kibble. After the rework one only needs two of every egg size.

So why complain over wc actually doing something against the problem you complain about?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, fuettel said:

You realize tho, that the kibble rework might resolve the lag issue a bit? Right now you need two of almost every species to get the kibble. This results in huge farms just to cook kibble. After the rework one only needs two of every egg size.

So why complain over wc actually doing something against the problem you complain about?

The problem is that as this quote has mentioned

13 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The OP is on the beginner server and dosen't get to the industrial tier.

That means that this doesnt matter.

Plus rework wont change some of people mindset about blocking with brontos intentionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Thats mostly for PvP server though. PvE are rather populated at certain times.

I wouldn't find any official pvp server to be a good place to be regardless. No moderation and, as this post mentions, still easy to grief and control maps with nothing you can do about it. PvE in my opinion is most likely more enjoyable on a private/public (non official) server. No incentive for anyone to play nice on Officials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused how the "Beginner Server" thing is even relevant. So I'm not going to attack the poster and call them a whiney noob who needs to git gud or scram. Because I'm not sure how access to higher tiers engrams would have any effect, although I'm not completely sure what the issue being talked about is.

Is the issue people using dinos as physical barriers in place of pillars at certain points on the map to prevent other tribes from reaching places with land tames, or is it that other tribes are building massive laggy dino pens everywhere to use the lag as a deterrent to keep players out?

Edited by Whipples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel ya. I'm on an official PVE server and the other night I had a high level player land in the yard of my little base threatening to report me to a GM because I had 'too many dodos' and apparently small, easily tamed/bred creatures are considered 'spam' if you have too many and 'lag the server'. Meanwhile this player (and many others) has a gigantic base with a literal army of 20+ rexes, gigas, wyverns, ect just parked on the roof  sitting there and if you fly anywhere near their bases the lag is horrible, but somehow my little flock of dodos is a problem? >_<

Edited by margifish
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, margifish said:

I feel ya. I'm on an official PVE server and the other night I had a high level player land in the yard of my little base threatening to report me to a GM because I had 'too many dodos' and apparently small, easily tamed/bred creatures are considered 'spam' if you have too many and 'lag the server'. Meanwhile this player (and many others) has a gigantic base with a literal army of 20+ rexes, gigas, wyverns, ect just parked on the roof  sitting there and if you fly anywhere near their bases the lag is horrible, but somehow my little flock of dodos is a problem? >_<

How many do you have? If you have like a hundred of them sure. I've seen where folks will leave them on wander and they spam babies making like hundreds.  It's awful.  But if that's not the case and you have like 10, then the dude is just being a butt. Ignore him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This, is why I refuse to play official servers, people who pillar out everything, block everything, or just griefers.
This is to the OP btw, Wildcard isn't forcing you to play on official servers, just do what I did and switch to unofficial, and go from there. There's plenty of good servers out there. Or you could rent your own if you don't like certain maps, or don't like to play with mods, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...