Overpriced Sale Market for Dinos, etc

Magmorta

Let us face facts here, not everyone is in a huge tribe. In fact there area a good number of solo players. Yet there are breeders out there who think its perfectly okay to charge an outrageous amount of dust or tek for their raised dinos. Dinos which they imprinted, so you (the buyer) have no 'bro-fist' bonus on top of whatever imprint amount they got on top of their base stats. The extinction map has been out barely 4 months, and breeders expect a solo player to have made 100,000+ of dust or its Tek equivalent. If you are in a 'tater computer situation like I am there is no dealing with the city lag since it negates being able to 'mine' the dust making benches/lamp posts/tables due to crashes and being unable to log back in again. Then there's solo players like me who can only do 10k veins or drops safely without loss of tames. Even a dust gacha can only produce so much per hour, and that's if you run it non-stop without a break. Even the pricing for OP eggs is substantial and out of reach for solo players.

If there are breeders willing who want to help deal with the situation at hand, get on the forums and outdeal those that are ruining the game for their own greed. Underprice them with equally good raised dinos. Undercut them with equally good eggs. Be flexible with your payments for those that are solo players or are new to game. You still get things you will need for use now and in the future, and they get a dino they can use that can give them an advantage in battle or in gathering resources.

I would say the more pressing issue here is the people that buy original breeders lines and then re-sell for ridiculously low prices.

It's not the breeder's fault you cannot farm the dust, whether it's because of your lag or your solo status in-game.

If you understood the time it takes to breed some of the stuff being sold on the forums, you would also understand how counter-productive it would be to sell it for what you would consider 'reasonable'.

LOL, I'll give you a more honest answer...

Those prices aren't coming about based on the amount of time needed to gather the resources. They are coming about based on the how much real world money you could get for the dinos online.

Every large tribe and alliance I've ever been with over the last three years has had some sort of price structure for dino's, eggs,  heavies, turrets, bullets, and I can only assume now Meks. I refuse to participate in such things, and would just stop playing with them once I found out that I was logging in at night to keep babies alive that someone was just going to sell on facebook, redit, discord, transferwise, or ebay. Anyway, when they would trade something for element, turrets,  or bullets, it was only because people were bored and slacking off on the grinding so just exchange some of your regular inventory for those materials when needed. Either that or its a deal where they can sell what you trade them for more money than what they gave you. Since you can make surprisingly good money selling the dinos, the material prices for those dinos must also be significant. No one would pay $50-$20 for a giga if it was possible to just farm mats all day and just trade for one! And while not all traders do this, the large number of trade being done for real world cash directly impacts what the small casual traders are asking for. (Can't have some generous scrub that simply loves the game undercut your cash cow!!!)

Another factor is where you are doing your deals. If you are trying to work them out in game, nobody is going to ask you for real money, because you don't wanna work those things out in game. When someone would jump on a server asking about trading for Wyvrens or whatever, the prices given were always insanely high in hopes the asker is a rube. For example, some one jumps on asking to trade for a Wyvren, you tell them you will trade one for 50 turrets. Because the going rate for 50 turrets is about twice the going rate of a wyvren. If the person would ask about other options or complain, then someone would message them from a generic account to fish for a real world money offer.

Everyone should really knows this already. You really think a tribe of 10 active players is raising 40 Giga's every two weeks because they just wanna play the game and raise gigas? No, its because those Giga's are worth money and Ark is cut throat as hell. You should hear the horror stories of deals gone wrong, alliances banding together to take out the competition, people undercutting each other, and backstabbing during an exchange. How prevalent this is for you I don't know, I was exposed to this on PS4. Maybe the PC official market is all friendly flowers and rainbows.

I don't mean to paint a bleak a picture though. The people doing this are really playing and having fun! A lot of the fun is raiding a tribe that just paid your buddy $50 for tames, and then laughing as that same guy goes back to your buddy again offering $100 for them to wipe you and get revenge!!!

Your best bet for getting some honest trades is to be friendly and get in with an alliance. Help them out, tell them their tames are AMAZBALLS!!! and work your way up to asking for a fertilized egg of something. Odds are they will just mate something up and give you an egg for free because of your loyalty/respect. Play the mental game.

If you want to check the trade values you are up against, easiest way is to google "Ark *thing you want* price discord." (I hope mentioning that doesn't violate forum rules, I will edit it out if so)

Whatever you do, avoid the real money stuff! It's morally wrong, ruins the game for others, and is against the terms of service. But hopefully this explains a little more accurately as to why the prices are soooooo high. I could say more but I'm probably already skirting the forum rules as it is. In the end though, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If you don't like the price, don't pay it.

1 hour ago, Whipples said:

LOL, I'll give you a more honest answer...

Those prices aren't coming about based on the amount of time needed to gather the resources. They are coming about based on the how much real world money you could get for the dinos online.

Every large tribe and alliance I've ever been with over the last three years has had some sort of price structure for dino's, eggs,  heavies, turrets, bullets, and I can only assume now Meks. I refuse to participate in such things, and would just stop playing with them once I found out that I was logging in at night to keep babies alive that someone was just going to sell on facebook, redit, discord, transferwise, or ebay. Anyway, when they would trade something for element, turrets,  or bullets, it was only because people were bored and slacking off on the grinding so just exchange some of your regular inventory for those materials when needed. Either that or its a deal where they can sell what you trade them for more money than what they gave you. Since you can make surprisingly good money selling the dinos, the material prices for those dinos must also be significant. No one would pay $50-$20 for a giga if it was possible to just farm mats all day and just trade for one! And while not all traders do this, the large number of trade being done for real world cash directly impacts what the small casual traders are asking for. (Can't have some generous scrub that simply loves the game undercut your cash cow!!!)

Another factor is where you are doing your deals. If you are trying to work them out in game, nobody is going to ask you for real money, because you don't wanna work those things out in game. When someone would jump on a server asking about trading for Wyvrens or whatever, the prices given were always insanely high in hopes the asker is a rube. For example, some one jumps on asking to trade for a Wyvren, you tell them you will trade one for 50 turrets. Because the going rate for 50 turrets is about twice the going rate of a wyvren. If the person would ask about other options or complain, then someone would message them from a generic account to fish for a real world money offer.

Everyone should really knows this already. You really think a tribe of 10 active players is raising 40 Giga's every two weeks because they just wanna play the game and raise gigas? No, its because those Giga's are worth money and Ark is cut throat as hell. You should hear the horror stories of deals gone wrong, alliances banding together to take out the competition, people undercutting each other, and backstabbing during an exchange. How prevalent this is for you I don't know, I was exposed to this on PS4. Maybe the PC official market is all friendly flowers and rainbows.

I don't mean to paint a bleak a picture though. The people doing this are really playing and having fun! A lot of the fun is raiding a tribe that just paid your buddy $50 for tames, and then laughing as that same guy goes back to your buddy again offering $100 for them to wipe you and get revenge!!!

Your best bet for getting some honest trades is to be friendly and get in with an alliance. Help them out, tell them their tames are AMAZBALLS!!! and work your way up to asking for a fertilized egg of something. Odds are they will just mate something up and give you an egg for free because of your loyalty/respect. Play the mental game.

If you want to check the trade values you are up against, easiest way is to google "Ark *thing you want* price discord." (I hope mentioning that doesn't violate forum rules, I will edit it out if so)

Whatever you do, avoid the real money stuff! It's morally wrong, ruins the game for others, and is against the terms of service. But hopefully this explains a little more accurately as to why the prices are soooooo high. I could say more but I'm probably already skirting the forum rules as it is. In the end though, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If you don't like the price, don't pay it.

He is mostly right. The RMT on Ark is a big market. I wish they would crack down on it more, it really kills the game. Once you start Ark is more likea job

I have told this story before to friends but I had a friend who quit his RL job because he made 2x more selling tames. 

*I dont support RMT

5 hours ago, Magmorta said:

Let us face facts here, not everyone is in a huge tribe. In fact there area a good number of solo players. Yet there are breeders out there who think its perfectly okay to charge an outrageous amount of dust or tek for their raised dinos. Dinos which they imprinted, so you (the buyer) have no 'bro-fist' bonus on top of whatever imprint amount they got on top of their base stats. The extinction map has been out barely 4 months, and breeders expect a solo player to have made 100,000+ of dust or its Tek equivalent. If you are in a 'tater computer situation like I am there is no dealing with the city lag since it negates being able to 'mine' the dust making benches/lamp posts/tables due to crashes and being unable to log back in again. Then there's solo players like me who can only do 10k veins or drops safely without loss of tames. Even a dust gacha can only produce so much per hour, and that's if you run it non-stop without a break. Even the pricing for OP eggs is substantial and out of reach for solo players.

If there are breeders willing who want to help deal with the situation at hand, get on the forums and outdeal those that are ruining the game for their own greed. Underprice them with equally good raised dinos. Undercut them with equally good eggs. Be flexible with your payments for those that are solo players or are new to game. You still get things you will need for use now and in the future, and they get a dino they can use that can give them an advantage in battle or in gathering resources.

Being a breeder and trader, I have to point out the following:

Taming, raising, breeding clean stats and mutations takes a lot of work, time, and dedication from all of our real lives. Sure pods make breeding a little more convenient but it is still a huge time sink.

The beauty of ark is the player base is large enough that there is a market for all varieties of dinos, both in stats and colors all at our finger tips.

Some charge a price to be competitive in the market, others charge more or only do stat trades, and others sell really low because they don't see much value in that particular species or aren't very experienced in trading. Sometimes those who sell cheap just want to cash in quick before their competitors. This is Sales 101. Not much to see here. Supply and demand is what dictates the price most of the time.

What determines value?

Obviously a Phiomia breeder wont charge as much for their product compared to a Rex breeder.

What is the difference? Well Phiomias can't kill bosses to get you engrams or element. All dinos have a usefulness, a difficulty in taming, breeding time, demand on the market, etc. Many factors play a part in sellers determining their prices.

Is it clean base stats? Is it mutations? How high are their points? etc etc.

Solo Players and access to TEK, Element and End game content

Since EXT launched, and transfers allowed now, Solo players have the best opportunity to farm element, dust, shards, get OP drops, make TEK, experience all ARK has to offer.

You can farm 100k Element dust over the course of 1 weekend while breeding and doing other things around the base. Farming stone is not difficult and whipping up / opening gacha crystals is not difficult either.

Supplement or replace gacha crystals with farming dust on ext with the right dinos.

I know many solo players who have tamed titans, raised gigas and farmed drops/veins very easily. Its not that difficult. It just requires some method of skill/time investment.

The problem is, everyone wants things RIGHT NOW. They want only the best NOW and don't want to work for it.

Being a solo player is not a good excuse to not being able to afford bloodlines other players have dedicated months into perfecting.

There is no established economy to determine any set prices, other than what sellers decide to charge and what buyers choose to agree to pay.

The question every new player should be asking is, "How do I obtain items of value people will actually want?"

The game will become much easier with the right research.

Archived