Should I tame a sabertooth using an argi

Srinija

8 hours ago, Srinija said:

Like what? 

Tame a high level frog instead.  Can do all the caves a saber can , can even do the hard swamp cave on top of it . Collects all the Chitin like a saber but also makes mad cp . It's more mobile and much faster than a saber,  it's much more fun to use and run around on. But best of all it can swim and explore all the sea and sea caves . Pick it up with an argy to tame , it even is a quicker tame and uses easier to get kibble .

Ok, I will also tame a high level frog

11 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Tame a high level frog instead.  Can do all the caves a saber can , can even do the hard swamp cave on top of it . Collects all the Chitin like a saber but also makes mad cp . It's more mobile and much faster than a saber,  it's much more fun to use and run around on. But best of all it can swim and explore all the sea and sea caves . Pick it up with an argy to tame , it even is a quicker tame and uses easier to get kibble .

If you are just looking for a good starting tame and not caving, I would recommend taming a procoptodon. Depending on the map you are on its a way safer tame. While they don't kill fast, the knock back allows a high level one to kill any wild dino up to an alpha rex. Plus they can carry massive amounts of stuff and are great for gathering berries, thatch, and wood. They by far the best all around most useful tame in the game that almost no one uses.

Saddles cost a cazy amount of mats though.

(If you are set on a Saber, don't bola and start tranqing if its high level, drop in a pen or bola and quickly surrond it with fence foundation and door frames)

Why? you already have an argy, which collects meat and prime at the same efficiency and generally hits just as hard (ground attack) and has more hps. And can escape from any ground fight you don't want to stay in.

The only reason to tame a saber would be for hide-gathering efficiency imo. I did that starting out, so I could do higher-level saddles. But that's all I ever used them for. 

I would suggest a carno, baryonix or dire bear as more useful early ground mounts. They do everything the saber does (except hide gathering) and do it better. And you can tame a bear with honey, which is reasonably easy to get even without bug repellent. Bary can be tamed with prime fish, which are not difficult to harvest from sabertooth salmon, and carnos just are easy tames in general. 

But whatever you decide, gluck :)

55 minutes ago, Srinija said:

Ok, I will also tame a high level frog

on The Island, you can use a frog for the first waves of bugs in the redwoods swamp cave, collect hundreds of chitin and CP at a time, and haul butt out before the heavy stuff gets into your health pool. Easy, easy CP and exps - provided you have the gear to survive the environment, that is.

They also give access to the northwest sea caves, just fly one out with an argy, drop it, jump off the argy and go straight down to the cave. 

On Ragnarok, a frog is ideal for collecting usefuls from the Viking Bay euryptids. Froggies get the bug damage bonus against them, so you'll wreck them. You'll get black and silica pearls, chitin, oil and meat in such abundance you'll weigh the frog down in no time. (don't let this happen! empty the frog every few euryptids). I just fly one over with an argy, park the bird on the raft fragments near the ship and go to town.

Archived