The state of the game

Saoroe

If you don't wanna read this thing skip to the last line.I love this game it was cool when it came out for mobile because it was fresh but now the Island kinda getting boring. All the alpha have taken most of the farming spots or built a base there and there basically no place for newcomers to start fresh on a new server. People have developed new soaking methods like bird soaking which really makes me mad due to the fact it literally a guy on a bird flying around in a circle around your tower and a guy with flak and rockets with high ms running your tower because tower running with rocket very effective. When the server transfer came out it was cool it lets you transfer characters over to another server and tames but you have to Rez your tames which kinda sucks. You can't even transfer over items and if you wanna get a pt and a character to another server it gonna cost you which will cost you roughly 80 ambers if I am not mistaken. They also nerfed the cave loot which sucks lol. Well, it kinda getting sad that they messed up server transfer nerfed cave added collars added Griffin but there is no way you're taming a high level one unless you spend amber. They only fixed the amber cheat but not banned the cheaters. My tribe got raided by a random Chinese tribe that grew so fast it wasn't even funny. They bought an entire base with amber from foundry and used pheromone for breeding they easy mode everything cause they had amber they bought tons of veggie cakes with the amber they had good saddle from tannery and when they raided they had their Bronto implant in the Rez pad so they can Rez it after it died so we were getting wiped nevertheless because they had AMBER. But still hyped for a new map if they even gonna release it and new dinosaur along with a new map. The developers are too greedy and lazy.

I said this elsewhere but I think it applies here. Not trying to trash anyone or argue. Just hope to inject a fresh perspective that might be a better way of looking at things. I say it with all respect.

But before that, I'd say this. I don't think it's fair for you to call the devs greedy and lazy. This is a free game. This is a free game. This is a free game. Free.

They make money through advertising and that isn't enough perhaps to justify this. Who knows? Maybe they needed to hire additional staff in order to work harder to make the game better and so had to come up with the whole amber thing. 

Some of the things you mention really do just flat out suck and I hope they fix them. I think they will, in time.

Other things you don't like are just a matter of opinion. Other people like the things you don't like. So I'd say it would only be right to leave those out of any conversation in which you want to find fault. Stick to the things that folks can clearly agree are messed up.

Anyway, here is what I posted elsewhere.

Hacking and cheating ruin things for everyone.

Nevertheless, I say give these guys at War Drum a fair shake. 

People used to kite Gigas and Titanosaurs to other peoples' bases to destroy. They fixed that. Can't be done anymore.

People used to drop raptors and dire wolves and such into other peoples' bases to kill their tames. They fixed that. Can't be done anymore.

Have you considered how much the folks at War Drum have to do? They can't only focus on fixing crashes, like some people think they should do.

They can't only focus on stopping exploiters and cheats, like some people (not saying you) think they should do.

They can't only focus on new dinos, like some people want.

They can't only focus on new stuff, adding new maps, etc., etc., etc., like some people want them to do.

They have to attempt to address all of the above....

With a small staff....

For a free game....

Playing on devices that not all that long ago would have been impossible to play on....

All the while listening to people gripe and complain and insult them.

And, amazingly, they still come across on Discord, the forums, and elsewhere, as fairly nice, patient people.

I'm 48 years old. Been lots of places. Met lots of people. Studied lots of people and think a lot about how people behave.

And you know what?

Overall I'm pretty impressed with these folks. So much so that failures (which we all have) don't really bother me all that much.

If they just flat out ignored everyone, then it would be different. But they don't. They listen. They show patience. And they do the best they can.

Now please understand, you are not like some who float around here, only finding fault with everything while they sit on their almighty throne of perfection.

Please don't end up like them.

Thanks.

- Rakkasan

First of, THE ENTER BUTTON IS FOR MAKING NEW PARAGRAPHS.

see? Now, As to your rant... what i could read before i went blind, is you played on an offical server that allowed charecter transfers to help people get away from psycho chinese sun-tzu tribes that english thinking doesnt fully grasp without edumication. Its called Imperialism, Now we all live in a real world, that effects the thoughts of the anonn. Avatars we use, Yay xenophobia right?

play on a private server, or one that doesnt allow transfers. Amber isnt hard to get,  5 people, 4 ads an hour, at 2 without PP. is.... 5x4=20 amber a pop.20x5=100 Amber an hour, plus one dude has a crowbar BP who shares... OMG WHAT??? they all watch ads, and contribute collars, dust, phermones, balms etc.. to the TRIBE.

wow, you got owned by team work.

12 hours ago, gorefangs said:

First of, THE ENTER BUTTON IS FOR MAKING NEW PARAGRAPHS.

Lol. Yeah. I know. But I've got this theory that breaking it down like that, at least in the forums, brings out the details and helps people to pay attention. I'm probably wrong. :)

So, um am I correct that the remainder of what you said pertains to the originator of this thread?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived