What happened to ark once a beautiful community turned toxic plz Read

QuinnJesus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Viperscopic said:

This can be done by: EXAMPLES

Restrict server transfer usage massively

Restrict Dino usage on certain maps, eg... keep those stupid titans on extinction! 

Create cluster free PvP servers like back when you had a good game.

I think these are some interesting ideas for official servers. 

I think more cross clusters of just 1 of each map would be good, but they probably need a wipe cycle. Like 6 months or yearly.

I think a set of non-clustered single servers could be interesting. But also needs a wipe cycle.

18 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I think these are some interesting ideas for official servers. 

I think more cross clusters of just 1 of each map would be good, but they probably need a wipe cycle. Like 6 months or yearly.

I think a set of non-clustered single servers could be interesting. But also needs a wipe cycle.

100% some separate trial servers, IMO there is no harm in introducing a few experimental servers to the community to try and feedback thoughts, leaving them like they are is just lazy and makes WildCard look like they did really only care for cash and will always just neglect the player base.

18 minutes ago, Viperscopic said:

100% some separate trial servers, IMO there is no harm in introducing a few experimental servers to the community to try and feedback thoughts, leaving them like they are is just lazy and makes WildCard look like they did really only care for cash and will always just neglect the player base.

WC could figure out a way to have long term PvP servers with leader boards. But at some point no new players will be able to join, survive, and actually get anywhere.

Never letting possible competition grow to be competition is a good strategy. But it dosen't make for a very fun game.

19 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

WC could figure out a way to have long term PvP servers with leader boards. But at some point no new players will be able to join, survive, and actually get anywhere.

Never letting possible competition grow to be competition is a good strategy. But it dosen't make for a very fun game.

Hmmm I agree, seems hard to find a server that is not targeted by trolls daily or established servers at Tek level where you can start building in peace from scratch.. Id be down for 6 month server wipes. good idea

1 hour ago, Viperscopic said:

Hmmm I agree, seems hard to find a server that is not targeted by trolls daily or established servers at Tek level where you can start building in peace from scratch.. Id be down for 6 month server wipes. good idea

Monthly (apocalypse or old extinction servers) never really took off.

Either seasons every 3 months or 6 months would be excellent. WC could even do different things each time. Like limited creatures. Like start with a nostalgic Island only (pre-wyvern, etc) set of servers.

I only know of one pvp cluster server that is what it used to be like in the old days of ark. I am afraid to note the sever incase trolls come on so sorry if you r interested I can make a post about it.

suggestions to make the game more liveable

1. have people on the official servers that will deal with the trolls

2. if a tribe is attacked give them a grace period depending on how big their tribe is e.g the bigger it is the slightly less time you have until vulnerable again.

OMG...

Reading this is like watching Southpark's member berry episodes. You all need to take the beer goggles off because you think days long past are the good ol days. 

THEY WERE NOT...

Before transfers you were stuck on a server and 3-4 player alphas would raid and abuse the server pops at will because they had no competition. No kidding I was on this one server where the alpha had to be asked before you could tame a rex. And forget quetz or giga. If you were found to have that, welcome to wipeville. And so sorry if you were wiped and informed you are kos by the alpha your main character is stuck on that server. Unlike now at least you can transfer off and not have to start over at level 1. There is no difference between being wiped by an alpha native to your server and an alpha from another except the alpha from another server eventually leaves...

Ark was far more buggy, ran slower, less features, WAY more grindy, and less casual player friendly than it is now.

Ark now > Ark then.

Got to say, I hate entitled people.

Kind of like the people who think they have a human right to never be offended by anything. Even though you can't read minds and you don't know what the reaction people will take until it happens, and the very same people after being offended will accept nothing but your demise for offending them; not even an apology which you should not do because it validates their position to use actual hate speech against you.

You are not entitled to a good community. Other than the rules which are stated in each community you enter, you are not entitled to be there or be accepted into that community. There is also such a thing as Karma. Usually good deeds yields good returns. Being an evil narcissistic despot results in people wanting you gone.

The community did not decline, it simply has been the way it always has been on the Internet.

Honestly the current day ark is a product of the community who plays on it. The moment it became acceptable for people to abuse glitches and bugs to gain a advantage is when it started to go downhill.People are so raid hungry they will destroy a day one thatch house simple for fun. Honestly they may as well make it so you can transfer between pvp and pve servers at this point.  atleast then people could have a safe haven to grow and not get attacked trolled etc by people who have nothing else better to do. Then maybe the pvp wont be so one sided.

13 hours ago, Demonshadow said:

Honestly the current day ark is a product of the community who plays on it. The moment it became acceptable for people to abuse glitches and bugs to gain a advantage is when it started to go downhill.People are so raid hungry they will destroy a day one thatch house simple for fun. Honestly they may as well make it so you can transfer between pvp and pve servers at this point.  atleast then people could have a safe haven to grow and not get attacked trolled etc by people who have nothing else better to do. Then maybe the pvp wont be so one sided.

that would be the worst idea cause then people would troll casual players like me who now just want to play ark with out trolls coming and shoving all there dinos onto the server and ruining us all. horrible idea just horrible. :( :( :(

PS: if you r a pvp player you would not understand what pve is so don't even bother saying we have nothing to do on pve cuase that is horse s*** to the max.

Except from what i see most pve servers have alot of issues with the tame cap for the server. Thus a huge overpopulation of tames. Actually the flow of tames would be from pve to pvp servers where people would fight and lose them. It would screw over the people who have lived on pvp servers and had to struggle to to get built up. There is very few ways to troll on pve servers compared to pvp. In fact most pve server will most likely be too built on to sustain the influx of players. Either way with this setup people could live and enjoy ark on pve servers and tranfer stuff to pvp server to raid be raided etc with no worries about being wiped off the face of ark.

• 6 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 8:12 AM, Aylana314159 said:

This game has actually improved a lot.

I personally think PvE official should be discontinued....move to the unofficial realm. PvE requires babysitters to make players share land and tame slots. Just release the files, like legacy.

Speaking of Legacy, rip the bandaid off already. Biggest mistake ever.

Official servers should be PvP only in some form. Timed PvP servers, more types. All ORP servers should have alliances removed (loophole closed). Smaller clusters. There also should be more variety of timed wiping servers.

And lastly, there should be a subscriptions based teir of official servers with active admins.

Side note: I think SOTF should be developed again, and used to make money (similar to Fortnight with a cosmetic cash shop)

Players with this mentality is what’s killing this game smh... that and wildcard...

Archived