What happened to ark once a beautiful community turned toxic plz Read

QuinnJesus

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

I can see you are upset thats ok just breathe it will all be over soon. I agree with the OP and i feel ark has changed quite a bit since it went full release. Some would argue it is still in early access and I would agree with them in certain things but that is another story for another day. I would love to see players work together and have commeraderie but what can you do when you live in a shoe? WC provides a servicesses for us all to enjoy with our friends, family loved ones, aunts uncles children , parents, friends of lovers. We all use it for free without subscriptionz and lyke many other online games can have good aspects and bad aspects to it. The bad is logging in to abuse and that is sad also but it can be fixed. You ask your neighbour why yuou hate me so much? He can reply and say you build on his land and he dont lyke you but lets be serious sometimes players do things and it can be very frustrating. Some like otters while others like beavers and farming beaver dams but no dams and no otters and no beavers. This is very upsetting for many players because they cant do what they like to do because some other tribe is building near these spawn zones and nobody is able to police it. if you play on legacy server there is no support so not much can be done on those serber but when you play official ticket times can take weeks sometimes months until GM reply. This makes players very upset and they cry and I don't like to see people's tears it makes the game experiences very unenjoyablistic and thats not good you know? I agree things should change and players should change we should all change for the better and treat everyone equal and love eachother and life and game to the fullest every day for eternity and maybe one day ark will be great again I think. Most player hope for this day to come when they can log into a new server after buying the game on sale and thinking i want to enjoy everything ark has to offer without dealing with other players. Well they are in for a big surprise so they log into server create character and spend about 30 mins making all body proportions and face just right. Then they crash. So have to do it all over again. Very mad indeed. So they do it all over again and finally spawn on the beach somewhere but they are inside an enemy structure or anothersome tribe and they ask hey can you release me? please friend? i want to play the gamez. can help plox? but nobody answer for 3 hours. all global chat say to shut up dont wine but you are stuck and need help. sometimes players come and they hel;p you but others say do it yourself or dont answer or it is [][][][][] who knows what this means? [][][][][][][] I don't do you? It s difficult to learn languages of [][][][] and cant copy global chat so it hard. I like to usz googlale translation for helping to ask quetion if i dont speak [][][][][]/ so back to spawn in base story. if you get out of base finally you spawn in a are not inside a base or fence. You go to beach and is nice llocation you farm thatch structures but you cant place them too close to enemey foundations. you ask why csnt aI build here? too many pillar ebverytwhere. I dont like it I am very angry you know? So I complain why nowhere to build? The server has been running for over 1 year but i just joined and I expect to build everywhere. Surely no other players would thing to build where I like to build. But my dreams get crushed,. all spot taken so im upset. I go to hard area, giga eats me and my pet dilo. I cry hard because it took a long time to tame that dilo and dodo. then tame cap hits. I try to tame another dilo but says too many creaturas on this ark. people yelling at chat DONT TAME THAT DLO I say i should be able to tame whatever I want. They say no you cant. I left server, and unistalled game. I can't take it anymore. Very bad ecperience.

Lol. I dont think you could have better illustrated the demise if the Ark community. You and the other regs/mod alts just patrol looking for complaints and then bash or belittle those complaining.

Venting about the game is one thing and doesn't actually damage a community. Hell, bonding over bugs is the main way Ark players socialize. The toxicity came when WC abandoned communication and the forums shifted to attacking individuals for expressing themselves. But perhaps this is just how you chose to Express yourself. So..... Go you?

Also, I was confused by your tail. Are you the one it was about or were you just making up a straw man example to prove how silly your hypothetical person is?

Thanks!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first problem of ark are players :) there isnt a lot that wc can do..

Maybe with a subscription of 5 or 10 euro for moth, they can have a good Team of gm.. 

Who want play on official servers need pay 10 euro for moths.. So we can have a good Support, no unemployed China people, wich play 24 hours for day. 

I have like 8k of hours in ark. Pvp unoffcial, pvp official, pve official, pve unoffcial. The better place is pve unoffcial, but there isnt a big community. Pve official is poop. A lot people play pve but they want do pvp(lure Dino in the base of other people), pillars every where, hostile players, ecc.

Pvp official is just crazy.. WC ban without reason big tribe.. One time a tribe, an other time an other tribe.. I think they ban and wipe big tribe when they want sell the game..and play on pvp with a small tribe is impossible. Unoffcial pvp are poop too :/ people are hostile without reason..

17 minutes ago, mircoct said:

This can be a good idea, and i never tried them.. But i dont think that there are role playing server with a lot people :(

It depends, most are whitelisted and not public. You have to agree to the rule and to role playing.

Its really a question of how do you want to play. And you can always check out different servers.

59 minutes ago, Whipples said:

Lol. I dont think you could have better illustrated the demise if the Ark community. You and the other regs/mod alts just patrol looking for complaints and then bash or belittle those complaining.

Venting about the game is one thing and doesn't actually damage a community. Hell, bonding over bugs is the main way Ark players socialize. The toxicity came when WC abandoned communication and the forums shifted to attacking individuals for expressing themselves. But perhaps this is just how you chose to Express yourself. So..... Go you?

Also, I was confused by your tail. Are you the one it was about or were you just making up a straw man example to prove how silly your hypothetical person is?

Thanks!!!!

Who are the people you suspect to be alts of mods? I guess being new around you dont see it.. the reason lots of people get trolled by "regs / mod alts" is because lots of us have seen the exact same threads every month. Usually the worst ones are simple answers that can be googled. Yes, there is a lot more trolling here these days than there used to be (myself included) I dont think it embodies the Ark community, try looking at Reddit.. That's a lot more brutal. 

I agree venting is a good thing within reason, usually its not within reason but rather a senseless rant. You will get to the point of frustration with the same threads eventually. There's a lot of helpful people on these forums who are more than happy to help. 

Ps: Obviously the piece you're talking about was satire..

In late 2016 and early 2017 ark was a simple game with the island,center, and scorched earth with one of the most vibrant community’s I’d ever seen. Servers were hosted by people who were willing to spend 200$ on a xbox just to run a server in which they could control with a couple admins, who were majority of the time great people. You could play for day in and day out interacting with players and they would be friendly other than the occasional sniper on the pillars of the center it was beautiful, servers had community centers and people were welcomed to join and have fun. You didn’t have it overly boosted so things took time increasing the longevity of the game and making everything a goal to pursue and cherish when achieved. Raids were an occasional thing with maybe a couple of tribes banding up to take down a bigger tribe but then once it was done you’d go separate ways but continue that bond and help each other back on their feet when raided. All around a wonderful community that your were willing to spend hours on and met some of our greatest online friends here. With all of the fooling around,knocking your friends out,the occasional shotgun damage test, and most importantly the excitement of preparing supply’s for a raid and planning out your approach. I loved this I would spend nearly my entire free time on this and in the summer would wake up at 11am to find my friends hard on the grind and would play with them until the early morning hours of the next day to do it all over. But in the past year and late 2017 the game has felt distant with lack of dedication from admins and little friendly relations amongst servers. I believe with the new content and fan base many never experienced this and don’t understand what Ark truly is this game is about the moments shared in it and when you can’t get past stone without being raided because of to boosted of server,losing interest due to such a lacking community, and even finding a server that you want to spend your time on. It turns the game to something distant that is just another download without real purpose theirs no goal anymore it’s just repetition of a long lost hope of the old days that leave you blank and not eager to play you and when you reminisce on the old times you eagerly hop back on but in under a hour the feeling fades away. This is why arks community needs to change for the better without a serious change of it though the game won’t die Ark itself will die it will be a mear game engine that plays a game similar to the once great game that made many people thousands of memories that they will never forget so I hope you all think about this and that something will change to make Ark Ark again.

I agree I am a relic ark player been here since the start. I remember when pvp was just you blew a hole in someone's base killed the dinos that attacked you took what you needed and occasionally a rifle or two. there were enough servers so that they were all at least 20/70 and people were kind and helped you to a point were you could handle yourself. now its every man/tribe for its self no matter the server. pillars spamming every where. when you get on a server in the chat they say to f*** off. raids now go on for months, bases are demolished prized tames die. official is a black hole full of toxicity and trolls. unofficial is becoming worse and sing player becomes your only hope for what it was like in the good old ark and even then the bugs troll all that are there and now that it is no longer in early development it is expected to be fixed.

The way I see it, the problem now is that people have invested too much into Ark and the big tribes are struggling with dropping numbers and dropping income from trades. People are getting bored and with that comes less tolerance for bugs and more aggression. I'm sure we have all known a player in the last couple months who got bored/fed up and went on a rampage just intentionally trying to ruin the game for others.

The fix wont come easy if fixing it is even possible. I like Mircots suggestion of a subscription based service, and thats something easier to implement (free servers and subscription servers). Another possibly may be restructuring servers so that they are clustered differently. Rather than a full on server free for all, do small clusters of linked servers. You can transfer server to server, but not cluster to cluster. Reducing the number of servers people can transfer to would decimate the cash market for tames. Plus, with less places to run, there will be less overall griefing and tribes within the clusters would communicate more and place a greater emphasis on diplomacy. Would probably work to bring things back towards the game we all fell in love with, but it likely is too late for this.

that is such a great statement and I agree. all I miss is the old pvp days that's when I stopped it become all out war not ark pvp. if you guys r reading this cough "wild card" I would drop the whole idea that continuously adding content is the idea to fixing the game and fix what's there before adding more. that would include dealing with bugs like 80% of them dealing with servers that have been reported and fixing your damn official. its like this you have created a farm with animals you have left the farm to take care of its self and the animals are braking out and mixing and destroying the farm while you just going around making new farms that will follow the path of the last. if you cant handle it then just forget about making more farms and sell it to a farmer that will actually go back and fix the ones that are there and improve the farms that will come to be built. 

PS: it means stop adding more content and making official severs and creating new types of servers while your old ones cry out for help. if not then sell ark to a company that will fix it and bring it back to its old days

..When you have a company with game developers who:

1. Won't take anything you say about their game seriously.

2. Always move your topic when you're trying to ask about the state of the game.

3. Won't respond when you submit a ticket.

There are obvious problems that the community will follow suit, swiftly.  As you see above; the community likes to be toxic and trollish as well as the devs negligent. Thats all y'got....besides even more content!

2 minutes ago, Viperscopic said:

Lets just see what WILDCARD do to change things around and bring Ark back to life... Its like they want everyone to leave though, players are leaving rapidly! communities are dying! no wonder the last dlc was called ARK EXTINCTION lol 

We're in the battle royale craze atm. Lots of players are bored and are wandering off to other games.

here is the facts wild card have made their game gotten their money have made new sister games like ark park, pixark left them now r making atlas. not saying atlas is going to be discarded it seems very popular and I will be getting it but my point is they are now using ark as the base for more new games. I doubt they will add sotf or even primal survival we were promised all the way back in 2016/17. which is a bummer cause me and my friend were making a map priory for prim survival. but now it just sits there unused. if they maybe allowed a smaller company to develop sotf ,that may work or what I said in my last comment, JUST SELL THE GAME T9O DEVELOPERS WHO WILL BRING THE GAME BACK FROM THE BRINK OF EXTINCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because us die hard fans been here from the beginning r loosing faith. when Conan became more playable I left ark and went there but came back when rag and aberration came. but now that you can tame in Conan I am eyeing it a lot when ever I go o play my ps4. so plz fix this game cause I am your biggest die hard fan dinosaurs r my dream. survival games r my jam and you guys put them together which is  my dream come true. now you r ruining it with bugs and toxic forums and servers. in fact if palaeontology did not work out I wanted to work for you guys as I love to maker games. but now i would rather work at a crumby shop than work for a company with a dying game that millions of players want refurbished and fixed. so I am saying this directly to wildcard. "fix this game please from the bottom of my heart, I have spent hours apon hours apon hours of gameplay. more than I can comprehend myself."

I have spent over 700 dollars on this game from buying the maps to buying the platforms and the game itself multiple times. I have spent the three years saving for it and as only turning fourteen now it was hard to get money. please don't make me regret spending all that money to support my favourite developers cause they could not give a flying fishes A** for the game and even more its community of die hard fans and new players that want to experience the game from when it had its young age of glory.

thank you sincerely Kodking194 "the god of all sea creatures" both past present and future :):);)

On 2/6/2019 at 12:19 PM, d1nk said:

The game was never as chill as you make it out to be... youre just living in nostalgia.

The times hes talking about it waaay before unoffials came out. When scorched was the only other server, before transfers. 

I explicitly remember back then people wiping others with lured rock elementals..wasnt as toxic free as Op Makes it

Very true xD those golem wars was sick lol

On 2/6/2019 at 7:54 PM, Zoellnerb said:

I am loving ark atm but after reading about what it used to be, I wish I could have played it back then :/

I can’t say it was perfect to start either. When the game first came out, as someone mentioned earlier, people would lead gigas or titantasors to your base on PVE and they would destroy everything! After this happened about 3x my hubby and I called it quits. That’s been fixed now so no damage can be done offline on PVE

So there HAVE been improvements.

As far as aholes on the servers, I've only run into a couple. Some smeagol looking dude teleported me into an underwater sex dungeon recently (I stepped onto his teleporter...) But then someone got me out and even gave me a free cryo pod. So it worked out ! 

On 2/5/2019 at 9:16 PM, QuinnJesus said:

In late 2016 and early 2017 ark was a simple game with the island,center, and scorched earth

I have played since TheIsland was the only map. The community was just as toxic back then. I see nothing different from 2015 to 2019. When you say Community, are you referring to the player base or Wildcard? The context leaves me a little confused.

Edit: Many gamers are vile, selfish, inconsiderate sons of dilos, even before Ark existed. In contrast, there are those who are kind and thoughtful among those... Not much can be done by any game company to cull all the inhospitable folk. There are so many people who just don't care to be nice to their fellow humans. Not even guidelines can stop people from being so hateful. All we can do is just report people who are exceptionally vile (breaking rules kind of offensiveness), and hope WC will see that too and ban them.

15 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I have played since TheIsland was the only map. The community was just as toxic back then. I see nothing different from 2015 to 2019. When you say Community, are you referring to the player base or Wildcard? The context leaves me a little confused.

Edit: Many gamers are vile, selfish, inconsiderate sons of dilos, even before Ark existed. In contrast, there are those who are kind and thoughtful among those... Not much can be done by any game company to cull all the inhospitable folk. There are so many people who just don't care to be nice to their fellow humans. Not even guidelines can stop people from being so hateful. All we can do is just report people who are exceptionally vile (breaking rules kind of offensiveness), and hope WC will see that too and ban them.

I feel slighted by this GreenRoc. You are on my official server - Center60 and we as a community are in a really good place. There is good general discussions throughout the day, many offerings of help, eggs trading, helping people find lost mounts and you seem very negative in your comments about the ARK community.

Now I am not saying there aren't gamers in which you have quoted but to say many is very much overkill. I think the selfish gamers have double the impact on players feelings but I would say there are some great gamers out there. I think our tribe of just 2 is allied with 9 tribes on our server and all are so helpful and friendly that I can only say good things about them. I can echo that on our Ext and Ab server, possibly not on Rag but for me 4 out of the 5 servers we play on, people are pretty cool.

ARK was community strong, PvP was bearable due to the fact we all knew our neighbours! we were all building to fight and win together and everything was managed politically and through multiple tribes, eg.. New Tribes, alliances, trading breeds, etc.. people were afraid to inside or troll as being Caught would be certain wipe and banishment from the server, or remain KOS!    

ARK - WildCard managed to create a new diverse world of friends and fun on the Island and we just couldn't get enough of it, hence the 70/70 server status constantly! It was GREAT!

Then, Outta Nowhere!? they made it server transferable, basically giving the murderers a Hand Gun!

Trolls infested the game, in siding became a thing! thieves and coward offline raiders attacked! kids thought they were cool trolling off server killing everyone and ...... the entire game crashed like a wineglass under a falling sledgehammer.

What WildCard stupidly didn't realise is bases and tames take TIME.. REAL TIME..  and what happens if you spend WEEKS building a base, tame great dino's you want and then you wake up to play it and everything is gone because some butt hurt scrubbs who got their asses kicked elsewhere took salt revenge on you.... YOU QUIT. Fact! And if you dont and the beach bob scrub sad pathetic low lives hit you again then you will 100%QUIT.

So what changed this game? not the community, not the maps or the servers!    but WildCard allowing transfer so freely and unrestricted.. 

ARK should have kept its strength and built on it... its not too late WildCard to sort this mess out. Earlier you fix it the faster the game will recover.

This can be done by: EXAMPLES

Restrict server transfer usage massively

Restrict Dino usage on certain maps, eg... keep those stupid titans on extinction! 

Create cluster free PvP servers like back when you had a good game.

Improve base durability, and stop with the base soaking dinos

Anyone else wanna input on improvements? things you hate now or liked before that have gone?

Cheers

Archived