Cliff building?

Thenakedbob

29 minutes ago, Thenakedbob said:

I have a raft base atm i was able to grind up to lvl 59 in a few days got the metal armour and a low level flying dino can kill some medium sized dinos and understand basics just needba place ro put all my things and start maybe taming the dinosaurs

To actually answer your question, yes. You can build with pillars and ceilings on a cliff face. You have a few tools at your disposale: Cliff Platform (made on Aberration, you probably cant get one unless you trade for it) or you can find a nice cliff spot you like, find a spot where you can put a few foundations and make sure to have one overhanging the edge as much as you can. Then you just snap ceilings out, when you get two out throw a pillar into it and send the pillar to the ground. From there you can work out, a small ..glitch.. in the building system is to snap single pillars (MUST BE SNAPPED) all along the whole bottom area (snapped off the single pillar up to ceiling) and it will act as you have puy every pillar straight to the ground then you make your top area as big as you want with much much less building.

(tip: doing this you can also lower your foundation height by slightly putting it down the cliff edge a bit then subsequent foundations into the cliff face will be lower) 

Thanks for the help but might just switch the map called ragnarok and try there aplha raptor destoryed my raft through the foundations lost all my hard work alot of good stuff from my non stop grinding now despawaned... First time was the alpha whale at the herb island now an alpha raptor by stone hedge the island is dangerous ?

On 2/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, d1nk said:

From there you can work out, a small ..glitch.. in the building system is to snap single pillars (MUST BE SNAPPED) all along the whole bottom area (snapped off the single pillar up to ceiling) and it will act as you have puy every pillar straight to the ground then you make your top area as big as you want with much much less building.

Curious about this glitch you speak of.  Can you elaborate on what you mean by bottom area?  Are you saying take one pillar from the ceiling down the ground below, and then snap pillars around it from the ground below? Or from the ceiling all around the pillar that goes to the ground?

I'm fortunate to have started on private PVE server. If you ever get to the point where you love the game, but don't care for the issues related to overcrowded public servers, I can tell you that a private server is the way to go. Especially if you have a few friends playing with you. Its pretty cheap to rent a server. 

U snap pillars on top of each other over and over i did it at stone hedge when i found the pool area free just make sure ur above the water cuz i couldn't place things even though i was above it claims is underwater so maybe go 1 pillar above and u can build on the rock side at stone hedge pool so can attach em both if u wanna try it there

23 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Curious about this glitch you speak of.  Can you elaborate on what you mean by bottom area?  Are you saying take one pillar from the ceiling down the ground below, and then snap pillars around it from the ground below? Or from the ceiling all around the pillar that goes to the ground?

You snap single pillars to the pillar you sent down to the ground, like this:

-----------------

!

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

If that helps (- ceiling ! Pillar)

2 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

So the pillars you have snapped in a row. They are free form in the air? Or snapped into the ground below?

The pillars in a row are snapped to the bottom of the pillar coming down from the ceiling above, snapped along the ground. The pillars must be snapped (foundations work too, just snap found off the pillar then work founds out)

Archived