The Serious Problem

ProfessorWombat

This game is great I have way too many hours. But unfortunately this game is pretty dead. Its not because there is a lack of game or that the game is too broken to play. The devs created this amazing grind where your progress through the game feels like an accomplishment and its very rewarding with plenty of aspects to explore. I absolutely love that there is enough pve to rip out pvp and still have a game to play. I Love the whole package however because pvp is its own masterpiece with a bunch of toys to play with and fight each other with. Now lets get to the problem. This games community is plagued by vaginas who live in moms basement. As a working adult in the living irl world who has to work 8 hrs a day to pay bills and such I am barred from getting an experience on official wildcard servers. I am literally forced into single player which I refuse to do. Even the dumbasses claiming modded to be any better are lying. I can tell you from plenty of experience that everyone on this game would rather sit and wait for you to go to bed or go to work and then attack your base. Any mega tribe claiming to be pvp gods are a joke because I guarantee they spend most of their time playing pvb { player vs. base} rather than pvp so they are pretty good at sitting on golems at 2am afk soaking or scouring the map inch by inch on a mana at 2 am. Its pretty stupid that no matter where you build there is an idiot in a tribe somewhere that does nothing but get on and scour the maps on a fast mount literally accomplishing nothing but looking for griefs. I never farm bps cause why would i waste my time farming poop to be taken by some low class loser who has 13+ hours to scour the map inch by inch to find my little 2x2 poop shack. I never tame anything good because its a waste of time to get a strong animal for someone to grief it the night you got it. Its raptoring ridiculous.  I have literally tried everywhere and I avoid spots on youtube for obvious reasons and there is literally no where to build because you will be griefed no matter where you build. Unless you are the loser alpha who's been playing uncontested for 6 months and abusing your massive abundance of assets the game is unfun and can't be played. The best part is that you'd think with the transfer system that these big tribes would fight each other but actually it amounts to a cringe Mexican standoff where they talk about how big their sausages are  blah blah blah don't ever come to my server again pshhh interaction over lets get back to greifing the small tribes and solo players and ignore each other. I should be a pvp god with the amount of hours I have on official servers but tbh my pvp is a bit lackluster and its not because I don't fight its because people don't fight. 10/10 times i log in to a destroyed base and have to start from scratch never get to defend myself. It wouldn't be so annoying if people would at least fight me for my poopshack. But its so scary for an alpha to raid a solo in this game that they wait till you are not playing. I just wish i could collect all the basement dwellers who have stumbled across my spots and break their kneecaps. I know how I found those spots { by accident} and they are in some really inefficient locations so theres no reason to be there so I literally get found by basement dwellers who fly around for no reason in some really dumbass spots that they should not be spending lots of time scouring. 

The answer is simple. Don't play official servers. It's filled with griefers, tryhards, and of course, overloaded with mega tribes. You could play singleplayer, or you could look around on some of the unofficial servers. Or, you could rent a server if you play on Steam, server providers like Gportal are way cheaper than Nitrado. Just a good question, what platform are you on?

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, ProfessorWombat said:

This game is great I have way too many hours. But unfortunately this game is pretty dead. Its not because there is a lack of game or that the game is too broken to play. The devs created this amazing grind where your progress through the game feels like an accomplishment and its very rewarding with plenty of aspects to explore. I absolutely love that there is enough pve to rip out pvp and still have a game to play. I Love the whole package however because pvp is its own masterpiece with a bunch of toys to play with and fight each other with. Now lets get to the problem. This games community is plagued by vaginas who live in moms basement. As a working adult in the living irl world who has to work 8 hrs a day to pay bills and such I am barred from getting an experience on official wildcard servers. I am literally forced into single player which I refuse to do. Even the dumbasses claiming modded to be any better are lying. I can tell you from plenty of experience that everyone on this game would rather sit and wait for you to go to bed or go to work and then attack your base. Any mega tribe claiming to be pvp gods are a joke because I guarantee they spend most of their time playing pvb { player vs. base} rather than pvp so they are pretty good at sitting on golems at 2am afk soaking or scouring the map inch by inch on a mana at 2 am. Its pretty stupid that no matter where you build there is an idiot in a tribe somewhere that does nothing but get on and scour the maps on a fast mount literally accomplishing nothing but looking for griefs. I never farm bps cause why would i waste my time farming poop to be taken by some low class loser who has 13+ hours to scour the map inch by inch to find my little 2x2 poop shack. I never tame anything good because its a waste of time to get a strong animal for someone to grief it the night you got it. Its raptoring ridiculous.  I have literally tried everywhere and I avoid spots on youtube for obvious reasons and there is literally no where to build because you will be griefed no matter where you build. Unless you are the loser alpha who's been playing uncontested for 6 months and abusing your massive abundance of assets the game is unfun and can't be played. The best part is that you'd think with the transfer system that these big tribes would fight each other but actually it amounts to a cringe Mexican standoff where they talk about how big their sausages are  blah blah blah don't ever come to my server again pshhh interaction over lets get back to greifing the small tribes and solo players and ignore each other. I should be a pvp god with the amount of hours I have on official servers but tbh my pvp is a bit lackluster and its not because I don't fight its because people don't fight. 10/10 times i log in to a destroyed base and have to start from scratch never get to defend myself. It wouldn't be so annoying if people would at least fight me for my poopshack. But its so scary for an alpha to raid a solo in this game that they wait till you are not playing. I just wish i could collect all the basement dwellers who have stumbled across my spots and break their kneecaps. I know how I found those spots { by accident} and they are in some really inefficient locations so theres no reason to be there so I literally get found by basement dwellers who fly around for no reason in some really dumbass spots that they should not be spending lots of time scouring. 

Here Professor

https://www.openschool.bc.ca/courses/families10-12/fsp/html/writ_multipara001.html

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

Join a tribe. Officials are designed around tribe based warfare.

That's true, but from what it sounds like is this man doesn't have a lot of time to invest into this game. On official servers, this game is extremely unforgiving for when you go AFK, don't even get up from your computer to go to the bathroom, if you have a job, ask your boss for days off. If you have school, tell your mom you're sick or tell your teacher a lie to get out of going to school that day. Then, you just need to no life the game from then on out. Win win. You literally have to be at your machine every single day. Or, you can do what many people do that have school, and you can go around on unofficial servers. Or you could play singleplayer if you don't have any friends to play this game with.

base defense is so weak it doesn't matter what i build. If i'm offline it will be bypassed. It either needs a serious buff to nerf afk tanking to the ground or it needs to be nerfed even further to make it to where you don't even have to tank to raid 100 turret bases so that if the alpha wants to make sure i have no tames i can make a kit and attack back and do damage without the need for the golem that i can't get. 

17 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Gotta love Mod's slamming player with input they don't like. 

It's just a really just a great example of the WC approach to community input on gaming. (And no, the "volunteer" tag does mean this isn't WC's approach.)

Official servers and setting simply aren't designed for everyone. And its not possible. That's why unofficials servers and single player mode exist. The OP would rather be unhappy, than find a server that fits his time limits.

How about an official PvP server for solo only, ORP, and a max of 8 hours a week then you cannot log on (to keep things equal) 

18 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Official servers and setting simply aren't designed for everyone. And its not possible. That's why unofficials servers and single player mode exist. The OP would rather be unhappy, than find a server that fits his time limits.

^  That is the largest problem I see with Ark and its focus.

Obviously not all servers can be designed for everyone, but crying about that isn't at all the point I think the poster was making. Instead, consider that the complaint is about the games core design and direction. Watching the decisions and directional choices that have been made in Ark's development it is clear the direction they intended to take the game was for the fun of large powerful tribes at the expense of smaller groups.

This isn't just an official/unofficial server thing. By focusing on the enjoyment of large pvp tribes, the games development went towards Tek, turrets, bullet soaking, and giant defense structures. If the game would have catered towards a more masses friendly casual approach, development would have focused more on bug fixing, building and aesthetics, new fun based items, new dino's and more community based content.

So if you wanna belittle this guy because he is trying to enjoy official, do so remembering that WC opted to focus on large tribe PVP over casual enjoyment for the masses. Nothing really wrong with that choice, but it's worth listening to those who would prefer the game to have taken its focus in a different direction.

Feel free to write me off and give me the face palm emoji now!!!

29 minutes ago, Whipples said:

That is the largest problem I see with Ark and its focus.

This is what i see as the greatest strength of Ark. If you dont enjoy official servers, its not your only choice.

Ark has tons of customization and modding. Everyone can play how they want.

The problem is when a player makes sadomasocistic choice and plays somewhere they hate, as if someone forced them.

1 hour ago, Whipples said:

Gotta love Mod's slamming player with input they don't like. 

It's just a really just a great example of the WC approach to community input on gaming. (And no, the "volunteer" tag does mean this isn't WC's approach.)

An ad hominem attack is easier than a response Whipple, duh!  Not that a real response or dialogue is what the OP was going for, but still. 

1 hour ago, ProfessorWombat said:

*snip*

Yeah...  I've been playing smalltribes in my spare time because of the boosted rates.  I can build back up quick thanks to 3x but go about 3-4 days before my tiny base is leveled.  One was particularly well hidden, and I lasted 7 days until my dilos were eradicated hahaha.  I know this will happen because for one, there is zero pacing for how much other people are gonna be playing the game.  For two, it is PvP so the game is raid or be raided on official servers.  For three, no ORP means 99% of the time it really is PvB because you get offline'd.

But of the three, really the only valid point is the one about having no ORP.  You cannot gate pacing for other people, and PvP is about fighting other people so you have to expect that if you get found and are not heavily built/defended, you will be wiped while offline.

It sucks, but that is official PvP.

6 hours ago, ProfessorWombat said:

This games community is plagued by vaginas who live in moms basement.

Once you finish washing all of the salty sand out of your crack, sit back, take a deep breath, and consider that there are multiple ways to enjoy this game.

You don't want to play solo? Totally understandable. In that case, look around at the large variety of Unofficial servers and the options they offer. Official is only one way to play the game, and WIldCard can't possibly make Official servers (especially PvP) to make everyone happy. There is so much about Official that I don't like, and never have, but I've discovered a great deal of fun looking around at some of the Unofficial options and trying them out. ARK is not one game, it's many games. If you want to play World of Warcraft you play it their way or you don't play it at all, but if you want to play ARK there are many options available to you.

Archived