Creature Revival Questions

DeadlyDodo

I have a few hypothetical questions about revival if anyone cares to help please?

I notice on implants I have removed it says last known level. If I have levelled the creature higher before it died, will the implant update? Would it then revive at the level the creature died at or the level it was when I removed the implant?

Also I'm playing on medium I.e. no spawns above 150. So if my level 200 rex died and I revived would it spawn at 150 or 200?

Thanks in advance if anyone has experienced this and is willing to satisfy my curiosity!

As to the first question I am pretty sure it would revive at the last level the implant was updated to. So, for example, if your implant read lvl 20 but when the tame died it was lvl 30, it would revive at lvl 20. That's why I periodically place my implant in my tames and take them right back out.

As for the second one I'm pretty sure it would revive at whatever level it was. I play on PvE easy and the highest wild dino there is 30, but I've revived some of my tames and not a one reverted to anything 30 or below.

Hope that helps.

- Rakkasan

Hi Rakkasan,

Thanks for your response. I do the same thing, putting the implants back in and out of my higher level tames inventory now and again to update them just in case. I was hoping to find out it wasn't necessary but oh well. 

That's interesting about the max spawn level, it makes me wonder if it's a cheap way to get really high levels. So for example tame a max level and get say plus 50 levels. And then kill and revive and get another 100% tame to improve again.. surely this wouldn't work??

10 minutes ago, DeadlyDodo said:

it makes me wonder if it's a cheap way to get really high levels. So for example tame a max level and get say plus 50 levels. And then kill and revive and get another 100% tame to improve again.. surely this wouldn't work??

No it wouldn't work Deadly. When you revive them they are still tamed, just like they were when they died. No chance at more tame levels.

What a nightmare it would be if that were possible. Lol.

11 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

No it wouldn't work Deadly. When you revive them they are still tamed, just like they were when they died. No chance at more tame levels.

Ah that makes sense. I've never actually revived a tame before, only untamed when I lost efficiency. Going to have to do it now though, lost my Level 230 rex to an alpha rex that came out of nowhere last night ? thankfully his implant was up to date though.

• 2 months later...

Archived