General purpose trap?

Peteed1

I have been noticing that raptors are getting out of raft traps they didn't used to be able to get out of.  I actually have an argy trap that I have tamed probably a hundred birds in, and the other day one of them just flew out, like it was no big deal.  That one could have been a glitch, but a raptor got in and out of a raft a couple different times.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:48 AM, Peteed1 said:

is there a general purpose trap I can build for dropping sabertooth, dire wolf, dire bear, raptors and the like into that I grab with my argy?

There are lots of good videos on designs for taming traps, but the basic 2x2x2 that Bruvas describes is great for lots of species. And if you want to tame things that are too big for that pen, then 3x3x3. As long as you have a dino gate on one wall so you can walk your tames out easily, and probably a ramp on one side so that you can lure things into the trap, you will be able to tame anything that you can pick up or that will follow you.

p.s. A few larger species cannot get through a dino gate, like Rex's for example, so make sure you look them up before luring them into your pen.

20 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

There are lots of good videos on designs for taming traps, but the basic 2x2x2 that Bruvas describes is great for lots of species. And if you want to tame things that are too big for that pen, then 3x3x3. As long as you have a dino gate on one wall so you can walk your tames out easily, and probably a ramp on one side so that you can lure things into the trap, you will be able to tame anything that you can pick up or that will follow you.

p.s. A few larger species cannot get through a dino gate, like Rex's for example, so make sure you look them up before luring them into your pen.

For those larger species, use a behemoth gate, adjusting the overall dimensions of the trap as needed. Some people even build traps that consist of nothing but four behemoth gates in a rough square (placed directly on the ground, not on foundations), leaving a small gap in one corner of the square for you to shoot the dinos through.

I like using a trap like a griffin trap works for just about everything if your gonna use behemoth gates or regular, need 7 gates and 2 doors, place the two gates with doors on the sides then fill in the middle with the other 5, its a bit trickier than using a conventional trap but I personally like and find it better and more effective for taming.

Archived