Community Crunch 167: S+ Building Contest Extended, Mod Sponsorship Applications Closing, & Steam Sale!

Jen

FFS. 

Ragnarok is and has still been crashing. This is still. Not. A. New. Issue. 

Are there any plans at all to address this? Any at all?

It's been over a year. 28 pages. Last reply was Jat in July 2018. 

I keep popping back into the community crunches hoping to see any kind of progress

Edited by TehGrimCreeper

The community crunches seriously need improvement. They're just copy pastes of the last one with a different screenshot each time. If you think that's something that warrents paying someone for "work", then you might as well pay the community manager for just doing literally nothing. A 13 year old kid could create one of these community crunches effortlessly. Either hire a new community manager, or get the current community manager to do their job better and actually inform the community/make better anouncement "community crunches"

On 2/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, Lokinator42 said:

Are we gonna get a lunar new year event or a Valentine’s Day event this year

oh god that would suck if they didn't do a valentines day event this year. They've already skipped halloween twice, so also killing the best breeding event that we look forward to would probably be a sign that the game is nearing end of life for development, especially considering they could very well just repeat previous year's events because there's nothing that needs to be altered from previous years.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:08 PM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Attention Builders!

Fancy yourself a top tier builder? We want to see what you can do with the new structure changes! 

Hop into the beta (details on how to do that below) and build to your heart's content using any of our officially supported maps (The Island, The Center, Ragnarok, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction). You can do this in your single player world or your unofficial server if you have access to one. We’ll be picking the best builds submitted to us for featuring in an upcoming video trailer showcasing the building changes to ARK similar to the announcement video we did for our latest mod contest. 

Submit pictures and/or a video of your build, your map save and coordinates to your build to arkfans@studiowildcard.com so we can take a look. You can get the direct coordinates to your build location by enabling setcheatplayer true and jotting down the coordinates presented on screen. You can upload your map save to a file sharing website such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc, and include the link in the email. 

Submissions will be accepted until February 11th (extended by one week)! We look forward to seeing your masterpieces!

Structures Plus (S+) & Kibble Rework Beta!

large.image-(1).jpg

The Structures Plus and Kibble Rework beta is still available and we're looking for additional feedback as we get closer to release of these features in the near future. We plan to have one more update to the beta for testing before the final version is released to the main game.

Please check out the post below for all of the information on how you can get involved in play testing this beta.

Do we have any form of confirmation for near when about the kibble rework will launch? (p.s. shameless plug for my creature mindwipe idea in suggestions that I posted about a week ago)

20 minutes ago, jonin said:

is the beta for the building contest only on the pc or on ps4 to? ark wont run on my computer it lags like crazeh..  same with atlas it keeps crashing..   also I used to like coming and reading these posts.. but.. there filled with not much information..  eso is way better are updating there fans then ark.. 

beta pc only.

• Sad 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:39 PM, Legondz said:

Jesus release the S+ already fack

They are actually community testing it this time, which I give them credit for.
Better than them rushing it out and stuff not work making them patch something that causes your build to collapse.
If you are antsy in the pantsy to play with it, do the beta.

Bring back the level of customer support to this game before you dropped Atlas. Having a ticket system and ONLY serving those with tickets for lost characters is a piss poor job of support. You had said that you would continue supporting this game through Atlas and yet the response we get from the GM's when they do finally respond (3-5 day response to now 20+ days for a response) is we can only do this small thing because of the high ticket volume.

I really appreciated the support once Aberration dropped with all of the stuck drakes, but this change has been since Extinction and now when we lose a chunk of high level dinos to the faulty game/map mechanics: tough luck, submit a bug report, and keep playing?

At least come out and say it in a post that we no longer offer ANY support like we did in the past other than for lost characters.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:58 AM, HighFlyer15 said:

You should hire someone who checks around the community to do these Crunches. Post things happening on the subreddit/forum, fun/interesting things happening on Streams, post helpful/fun/interesting Youtube videos, find more fan art, etc.
This one single "contest" announcement did not warrant a full "community" crunch.

I agree wholeheartedly.. Ive been in the early birds category for nearly 3 years simply because This community (not the people in it) is rather lackluster to be honest. Despite that I would like to access the trader section. Any suggestions on how I can speed up my membership shift? 

Are we ever going to see new dinosaurs added?

If so here are some i'd like to see and i'm sure i'm not the only only one;

Acrocanthosaurus

Suchomimus

Ceratosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Saurophaganax

Carcharodontosaurus

Hatzegopteryx

I think the game is great,but it has a lack of some big predators and adding more dinosaurs to the game is something a lot of us would love to see

Honestly as players of ARK we're so used to beta testing bugs on the live servers (many of which have never been fixed since early access) that it seems weird for there to be a beta server to test for bugs that probably won't ever get fixed.

My point is, are we seeing a new Wildcard that is more vigilant with squashing bugs and give new players a reason to keep playing, or is this just a one time thing? 

Then there's valentines, an event that people look forward to all year, yet no word on that either this year, which trust me is going to leave the forums in an uproar if we don't get the breeding event, or if you decide to release new kibble/S+ with the valentines breeding event and ruin the week because devs are fixing bugs and killing our babies.

Just my own thoughts, take them for what they're worth.

Edited by Swordguy

3 hours ago, Bbuuuck said:

Acrocanthosaurus

Suchomimus

Ceratosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Saurophaganax

Carcharodontosaurus

Hatzegopteryx

I think the game is great,but it has a lack of some big predators and adding more dinosaurs to the game is something a lot of us would love to see

Acrocanthosaurus = Trex with a baby sail/ spikes (not original enough to justify)

Suchomimus = Spino with no sail and small spikes down head/neck (not original enough to justify)

Ceratosaurus = Carno with bigger horns (not original enough to justify)

Brachiosaurus = bronto as bronto is not a real dinosaur and Brachiosaurus is the actual true dino  (not original enough to justify or possibly rename bronto to Brachiousaurus)

Mamenchisaurus = bronto with longer neck and slightly bigger, could be argued that titansaur is this (off all your suggestions this has the most weight but still isn't original enough to justify IMO)

Saurophaganax = Allo/Carno just a bit bigger (not original enough to justify)

Carcharodontosaurus = Slightly smaller Trex (not original enough to justify)

Hatzegopteryx = smaller Quetzal that was argued by many to be a Quetzal but only recognized as separate species due to head differences (not original enough to justify)

Acrocanthosaurus
Suchomimus
Ceratosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Saurophaganax
Carcharodontosaurus
Hatzegopteryx

Totally agree