Community Crunch 167: S+ Building Contest Extended, Mod Sponsorship Applications Closing, & Steam Sale!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Attention Builders!

Fancy yourself a top tier builder? We want to see what you can do with the new structure changes! 

Hop into the beta (details on how to do that below) and build to your heart's content using any of our officially supported maps (The Island, The Center, Ragnarok, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction). You can do this in your single player world or your unofficial server if you have access to one. We’ll be picking the best builds submitted to us for featuring in an upcoming video trailer showcasing the building changes to ARK similar to the announcement video we did for our latest mod contest. 

Submit pictures and/or a video of your build, your map save and coordinates to your build to arkfans@studiowildcard.com so we can take a look. You can get the direct coordinates to your build location by enabling setcheatplayer true and jotting down the coordinates presented on screen. You can upload your map save to a file sharing website such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc, and include the link in the email. 

Submissions will be accepted until February 11th (extended by one week)! We look forward to seeing your masterpieces!

Structures Plus (S+) & Kibble Rework Beta!

large.image-(1).jpg

The Structures Plus and Kibble Rework beta is still available and we're looking for additional feedback as we get closer to release of these features in the near future. We plan to have one more update to the beta for testing before the final version is released to the main game.

Please check out the post below for all of the information on how you can get involved in play testing this beta.

Modding Community Updates!

We just want to remind all of our mod authors that tomorrow is the last day to apply for this sponsorship period. Please make sure to get any last minute applications submitted by February 5th 11:59 PM Pacific.

You can apply for sponsorship here.

After the application period closes we will be reviewing projects and will announce our selection at the beginning of March. Good luck, everyone!

ARK on Sale!

large.lunarsteam.jpg

Fan Feature of the Week!

34EE8240DF3F53E55FBE8E92BBAAB97F6612100D

Rock Drake by SomniosusArcum

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 8th of February at 1 PM EST until Monday the 11th of February at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rates
2x Taming Rates
2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

You know, I have had this website saved for ages. I used to check it every day. Follow Arks updates, and imagine the possibilities. Read about the new creatures and updates. And see the community creations. But now? I am removing it sadly. It doesn't really get used anymore. And when I do click on it, it's unfortunately filled with contests and information that has very little relevance to my game experience. The posts are infrequent and inconsistent in content and quality. There simply has to be more going on in the community than these pitiful entries would lead someone to believe. As sad as it makes me feel, I think Ark had its run. It was a good one. But, the developers aren't interested in the level of support they once had for it. I don't blame them at all. It's the reality of both the industry and time itself. But I always felt that Studio Wildcard was better. That they tried to consistently keep the fans updated. But now, it's become mostly unreliable to still expect that from them. This used to be a very relied upon feed. Not so much anymore. But the memories of the passed few years with Ark was great. Maybe ARK 2: Survival Evolved Further will rejuvenate your love for the community once again in the future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You should hire someone who checks around the community to do these Crunches. Post things happening on the subreddit/forum, fun/interesting things happening on Streams, post helpful/fun/interesting Youtube videos, find more fan art, etc.
This one single "contest" announcement did not warrant a full "community" crunch.

I agree the crunch seems to have become just copy and paste. But S+ is their next big thing and even though it seems to be taking ages. They are trying to make sure it's as good as they can do before update. Face it if it was rushed out a buggy mess people would complain, now it's taking time to be ready people are complaining. 

Why you guys want more people to buy this game when I can't support the one you guys have already, to weeks with a ticket of lost character and no respond already lost all my dinos 3 more day the base gone, so why buy the game when still why a bunch of bug, crash, people's multiplying stuff so please be real this game is to much for you guys. Thank ypu