HammersaurusRex

Long story short, I'm a seasoned Ark player on Xbox One, and am looking for something new and different. After 5200+ hours of game time, the base game has become rather stale. While I am aware my question is very much dependent on personal opinion, I'd like to know the general concensus on Primitive Plus. Its very important to me that the game mode is relatively polished, and gives a sense of progression. 

That said, I have a few questions about the mode. What maps are ideal for Prim+? Any recommendations for server settings and whatnot? And is there anything I should know going into Primitive Plus, knowing nearly nothing about it?

Thanks in advance for any opinions or suggestions. 

40 minutes ago, acat said:

Yes sadly no real option. I have played on the primitive (not plus) servers before ark left early access. Too bad the devs abandoned that mode upon official release, it was awesome. Prim+ is no alternative for me. 

Prim+ was a mod turned into official mod/total conversion. It's nothing like primitive servers (no tek, etc).

58 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I would suggest not wasting your time. Its a great mod..in theory. Ive wanted to play it forever but the extreme amount of bugs and never being updated (over years now..) its not worth it

Have you played it at all though? Despite the bugs, the majority of the mod works well enough to still enjoy the experience before you get too frustrated.

4 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Have you played it at all though? Despite the bugs, the majority of the mod works well enough to still enjoy the experience before you get too frustrated.

I played it for a while, back when Syntac did a series on it.  It's was fun have more steps to craft stuff, but really frustrating when things didn't work properly.

5 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I played it for a while, back when Syntac did a series on it.  It's was fun have more steps to craft stuff, but really frustrating when things didn't work properly.

Yeah the stuff that doesn’t work can get annoying but there is enough content to keep you going for a little while.

Primitive plus isn't too bad if your playing pve or a roleplay server. It has a bunch more building options, the lumber builds look really neat, and a lot more cosmetic stuff if you want to do some decorating.  It also has a lot more crops you can grow if your into that kinda thing.  It has a lot of food recipies you can craft but most were very time consuming and not as good as custom ones.  Tnere is no tek and no fab, so no high tiered gear.  As for maps I would stick with the island, center or rag.  Prim has its own set of engrams so maps like scorched you don't get any of the scorched engrams which can make it very difficult.  For me it got old very quickly but I would say check it out and see if you like it.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I have, was way before the big tlc #1 though

I havent given it a credible go though, only about 20 concurrent hours in Sp so im sure there are things that are good about it

P+ is great and changes up game play and strategy enough to make it feel newish. It used to be very popular, and had it been supported all along it would still be popular today.

Sadly, it is far worse now than at launch. WC support is so bad, I don't think a single major update or expansion has ever NOT broken P+.

Hell, P+ is still currently broken from bugs in the extinction release. Those same bugs got fixed for everyone else, but not P+.

WC is either to lazy or incompetent to support and improve P+, or they are to cowardly to just admit they want it gone and are ignoring it till they can justify taking down all official servers.

1 hour ago, Nuggie said:

For steam P+ works okay. There is some stuff that is waiting for patches.

From what I understand the console versions are horribly broken.

It's always been like this. The console versions of even the base game is horribly broken. I've made a ton of posts explaining it. After playing ARK on Xbox since December 2015, in July 2018 I decided I was done with the game on console, so I bought a pc to play the game (There is no comparison between the platforms BTW) and man, was I glad I did. I wasn't about to have another save get corrupted on my dedicated server on Xbox. As for if anything broken will get patched on Xbox and PS4? Don't count on it at all, WC has shown to not really care too much about ARK on consoles. Personally I think the only reason ARK came to consoles was the high demand for it, and I don't think it would have happened if people didn't beg.

7 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Prim+ was a mod turned into official mod/total conversion. It's nothing like primitive servers (no tek, etc).

I know. I dont really get your point here. Fact is that wildcard told the primitive players that they only support prim+ anymore and that they should go there if they like primitive gameplay. 

3 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

There was no demand for it when it came to Xbox’s preview program in late 2015.

I'm not going to argue, but many people were constantly asking the devs "is this going to be available on Xbox One?" or asking on forums, etc. So yes, there was a certain high demand for it to come out on Xbox. (and PlayStation as well, but due to Sony's policies, this didn't happen until late 2016.)
As I mentioned the game is very poor on consoles, not just in performance and visuals, but in quality as well. Not that the quality of the game wasn't bad enough already, despite the excellent concept.

12 minutes ago, Level4Gaming said:

I'm not going to argue, but many people were constantly asking the devs "is this going to be available on Xbox One?" or asking on forums, etc. So yes, there was a certain high demand for it to come out on Xbox. (and PlayStation as well, but due to Sony's policies, this didn't happen until late 2016.)
As I mentioned the game is very poor on consoles, not just in performance and visuals, but in quality as well. Not that the quality of the game wasn't bad enough already, despite the excellent concept.

A few people is not a high demand.

29 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Then what's your points? Prim+ servers still exist, prim servers do not.

My point is that primitive servers were awesome but prim+ servers are not. Which is sad, especially since wildcard tells us that prim+ is supposed to be the solution for everybody who is interested in gameplay without tek and industrial tier. 

49 minutes ago, acat said:

My point is that primitive servers were awesome but prim+ servers are not. Which is sad, especially since wildcard tells us that prim+ is supposed to be the solution for everybody who is interested in gameplay without tek and industrial tier. 

Well Ark is customizable, not that hard to get rid of tek and industrial tek for a private server.

But this thread is specifically about prim+

• 3 weeks later...

Archived