How many female animals of each kibble type?(beta patch)

kolpo

For sure the only way to reliably get dino eggs is to have, of course, one male and one female of the species you're trying to get eggs for - mate-boosting seems to significantly increase the chance of a dino laying an egg... that being said, the rates are incredibly low, so it comes down to a question of what you're planning on doing with the kibble. If you're planning on only using the kibble for imprinting, then 2-3 mate-boosted females should be good enough to keep you stocked with some left over. If you want to kibble tame a lot of animals, especially high level ones, then you might want to at least double that number depending on if you're using default rates or not.

Even on boosted rates, unless the dino lays alot of eggs (like dodo's or dilos), you will want upwards of 10 or more females.  You can also breed them and use the fertilized eggs if you need some right away.  10 is a good starting number to see how many eggs that dino produces.  If it doesn't produce enough for you, then get more.

I usually go with 6 or 7 females, 1 male and also make sure they're ovi boosted, all depends on your settings and how much kibble you need though, start off with a few and if you're not getting enough eggs tame 1 or 2 more, you can always kill a few off once you've got a big stock of kibble

For extraordinary kibble you're best off going with titanoboas, they can be a pain to get eggs from as they have no mate boost so get as many low level ones as you can and ovi boost them, fertilised lystro eggs are probably the cheapest way to tame them as you can tame a bunch of females quickly with rare flowers, mate them then kill them off and get some more to quickly build a decent stock of fertilised eggs, a level 20 snake on 2x needs 4 rex, quetz, giga etc eggs or 5 lystro so it's a no brainer, dimorphs, vultures, kairuku & iguanodons are other dinos that are quick & cheap tames that have eggs in the same tier for snake taming

It always depends. Its also a bit of gambling, because i have an Iguanodon, that laid five eggs in ten to fifteen minutes. But after a while it didnt lay any eggs, but suddenly my rex started to poop eggs like regular feces. But i think you have a higher chance of getting eggs, when its mate boosted. I have a female trike, that didnt give me on single egg, but i have two iguanodons, one male, one female. My rexes are also mate boosted.

You should have one male and around 6 females of same dino type to have decent drop rate of eggs.That way you can have as many eggs as you like for both taming and imprinting.And I'd say taming an oviraptor would be essential as well. Just put it nearby the egg dinos, put a lot of stone/wood in its inventory so it can't move and enable its wandering so it gives every dino in the area boost for laying eggs.

Thanks all will then go for 6 boosted females with oviraptor.

The wiki about the kibble rework is wrong, it claims pteras need simple kibble but those give less progress then raw meat. But when I look at pteras with the awesome spyglass mod does it shown that I need REGULAR kibble, will try that later after I tamed a male turtle and his harem :)

Archived