Need some insight

Sheamus

So I am new to the ark ( less than 2 months ) and I made a minor error that has turned into a massive headache.

Yesterday a member of the server asked the server if anyone could give them a ride to Green OB. Trying to be decent as we are on a PVE server, I said I’d give them a ride. The only way I know of was to invite them to the tribe and then remove them once delivered to the destination.

HOWEVER, it didn’t dawn on me that at that point all of the Tames, and the persons base would then become tribe property.

Which leads us to the issue. So we got the tames and all the gear back to the individual, but the structures are still tribe property. A few bigger groups in the server seem to think we did this with nefarious intentions while It was an honest mistake, and are trying to make life difficult to put it lightly. The worst part is the person this happened to is new to the ark as well and is not upset about it and just glad we gave all her gear and tames back and have been upfront and in constant communication.

Other than demolishing what they had and placing the mats in a unlocked box and replacing the mats short to rebuild, is there anyway to transfer ownership of structure? The Xbox has tribe governance setting which appear to allow for player ownership, and tribe use. I doubt it but if the individual was to come back to our tribe or we just switched the governance settings would that possibly transfer ownership back to them?

Any insight or comments are greatly appreciated.

Yeah I know what you're going through.Sadly you can't transfer the existing structures to different tribe. Only thing you can do for them is demolish what they had and let/help them build again sadly. You did a right thing helping a fellow PvE player and the result is kind of sad because of the griefers we cannot pick up anything wild or tamed by others.I'd recommend you don't do it again. Sadly ARK teaches mainly with the mistakes you make. But on the plus side they are new and didn't lose a lot. From now on you should know that you can carry people with dinos  that have a multi-person saddle  if they are in your alliance.You can bring them  if they're standing  on one of your platform dinos too.... ANNDDD by far my favorite of all the ways which stresses the hell out of newbies to whom I mostly help  is  letting them climb on the back of a wyvern(jump on its wing and  stand behind the rider seat) and enjoy the ride ? .

1 hour ago, Bruvas78 said:

For the building side of things you'll have to replace the structures in storage bins for them to use once you've cleared the land. Just watch out for folk pillaring along the way to grief you while you do it. 

Easy fix for that is ally them so they can place their own pillars before you start demolishing stuff.

On 2/4/2019 at 1:48 AM, Sheamus said:

The Xbox has tribe governance setting which appear to allow for player ownership, and tribe use. I doubt it but if the individual was to come back to our tribe or we just switched the governance settings would that possibly transfer ownership back to them?

To answer this specific question - it wouldn't work.

Even if you switched the governance settings to individual ownership they would have to remain in your tribe. If you switched settings and then the person leaves or is kicked, their buildings would still belong to your tribe.

Archived