Seriously.... Multiplayer is very messed up!

Coman

Sir mr @Wardrum

Do you have any plans for multiplayer in the foreseeable future? Not long ago you decided to evict a lot of players with only a free transfer ticket... 

Ok, new server, lots of grief and somewhat new (old) oportunities (was allready accomplished) and most of all, NEW stupid and egosentric players to meet. In PVP this could be dealt with, but in PVE we can do nothing but watch...

Ill upload a few screenshots, but Sir mr Wardrum, how can you allow such builds? How can there not be stricter limits on how much one tribe can build in one area? I also saw one player bragging about how he had only 180 (probably low lvl dummy accounts for more tame slots)

Isnt there anything you can do or are you not willing to?

screenshot shows a single player hogging the whole volcano with a floating structure. Screenshots coming up:

19 minutes ago, Coman said:

XD hence the title ‘multiplayer’

The developers have the possibility to counter some of these egosentric behaviors, but it’s up to them how much care they want to put into this game.

Coman I feel for you. Hacking and cheating ruin things for everyone.

Nevertheless, I say give these guys at War Drum a fair shake. 

People used to kite Gigas and Titanosaurs to other peoples' bases to destroy. They fixed that. Can't be done anymore.

People used to drop raptors and dire wolves and such into other peoples' bases to kill their tames. They fixed that. Can't be done anymore.

Have you considered how much the folks at War Drum have to do? They can't only focus on fixing crashes, like some people think they should do.

They can't only focus on stopping exploiters and cheats, like some people (not saying you) think they should do.

They can't only focus on new dinos, like some people want.

They can't only focus on new stuff, adding new maps, etc., etc., etc., like some people want them to do.

They have to attempt to address all of the above....

With a small staff....

For a free game....

Playing on devices that not all that long ago would have been impossible to play on....

All the while listening to people gripe and complain and insult them.

And, amazingly, they still come across on Discord, the forums, and elsewhere, as fairly nice, patient people.

I'm 48 years old. Been lots of places. Met lots of people. Studied lots of people and think a lot about how people behave.

And you know what?

Overall I'm pretty impressed with these folks. So much so that failures (which we all have) don't really bother me all that much.

If they just flat out ignored everyone, then it would be different. But they don't. They listen. They show patience. And they do the best they can.

Now please understand, you are not like some who float around here, only finding fault with everything while they sit on their almighty throne of perfection.

Please don't end up like them.

Thanks.

- Rakkasan

I agree. I think the devs are doing a fine job with this game, especially on this platform. I’m still amazed that such a game can be played on a phone. They continue to produce updates and new content to keep it interesting. Unfortunately people will be people and will try to ruin your experience. This however isn’t unique to this game. 

Imao bro I feel you the dev sucks lol just go to pvp it in a horrible spot rn lol impossible to play solo. Every spot is taken and transfer cost amber and you can't even bring items and tames over for free. RIP they ban trash talkers but not cheaters. Amber too op in pvp. This game is getting stale too well they better do something about this game and all the cheaters.  

To all the Saoroe's and Afk's out there......

Where's Graham Allen when you need him!

"Waaaah!!! PvP sucks!!!"

Then WHY DO YOU PLAY THERE???

"Waaaah!!! Every spot is taken!!!"

REALLY??!! Wow!! News flash!! You just can't get the spots YOU want! And those folks that took "every spot?" I guess they were just more on the ball.

"Waaaah! You can't bring items and tames over for free!!"

On no!! REALLY!! You mean you aren't getting your way???? You started without those items and tames. What?? Are you too WEAK to start over???

"Waaaah! They ban trash talkers but not cheaters."

WOW!!! You must have a REALLY good inside source to know they don't ban cheaters! Amazing! Maybe they HAVE banned some! They just haven't gotten around to the ones you've dealt with yet? Maybe??

"Waaaah!!! Amber is too op in pvp!!!"

Do you READ the updates?? They just made a move to make items in crafting stations more EXPENSIVE in order to start balancing things! Not good enough for YOU? Then leave! 

If the game is so "stale" and you can't stand it, LEAVE!!

Plenty of us are tired of your trash talking in game, and your incoherent, self-centered whining and crying here!

Do us aaaaall a huge favor and LEAVE!!

Yeah. I said that. And you can QUOTE me.

Rakkasan

Out.

WAAH.jpg

@Rakkasan
Well, arent you a cute troll ?

In my kind of business, a silent customer is a happy customer.
Those who bother to complain, are the ones who love the game, who want perhaps just a slight change to make it better.
In this case, alot need to both change and improve, at least for products which have been paid for.

I reserve my right to complain when:
1: Many months of "hard" work goes to waste with no compensation. (I am a paying customer, but this should also go for F2P)
- PVE, forced to transfer to different server, no compensation
- Loss of tames bred over months because the EXACT way to claim said tames were not followed. Very poor communication to the player.
- Loss of tons upon tons of structures (months of work, both paid for and not), which could easily be compensated with
 craftingtables from shop or enough amber to resemble the aprox number of structures you allready had.
2: Does not limit individual players/tribes to a set number of structures in one area. It is multiplayer, and
people play multiplayer (PVE) for the community. One player can in effect ruin the experience for a whole server.
The developer NOT adressing such issues should most definetly be complained upon!  
3: Developers change the produkt from a PVP competitive game, over time, to a PVP Pay2Win game (in PVE this doesnt
really matter). It is NOT the PRICE of the items, it is the actual items you can buy and get access to. More expensive makes
it only more Pay2Win, doh.

If players do not adress these and other issues, they will wind up doing exactly what youre saying. Theyll leave, including us who
actively have been supporting the game over time.

In the end, you will wind up with an extremely unbalanced game for PVP, with a very broken PVE section, where you dont know
when you experience the bliss of a free transfer ticket because they are closing the server (with absolutely no other compensation).

So if you dont like to see people complain about their issues in the game, hoping that the game they love will improve for the better, LEAVE!

LEAVE the forums, and you wont have to see complaints.

And for topics not wanted by the admins, I assume they will pull the plug on them.

I understand what you are saying Coman.  I am not sure of the solution.  The other side of the coin are players like myself who love creating virtual palaces for bases.  With each server I play, I pick up new ways of making practical things look better and that translates to more structures in my base.  On my last server, I created color coded landing lights and an elevated hanger for my flying tames that was really cool.  You could see it from a far distance away at night.  My quetz could land for easy metal transfer to the forge with no issues in the dark.  My pteradons could swoop into a hanger opening similar to the starship hanger bays in Star Wars.  Unfortunately, I built it right before we hit an area structure limit, so I had to destroy all the lights.  As far as building on resource nodes, especially metal nodes, I feel your pain, and do not know why others do that.

Coman, you might find this interesting and encouraging.

I just got off Discord's official Ark:Mobile channel, ask-the-team, er, section.

They are in the middle of a big push to ban/wipe known exploiters. As in, they are literally banning/wiping them as we speak. And, not surprisingly, some of them are crying foul. 

Nobody is eeever satisfied. :(

Ah well. Anyway, I hope that helps. :)

• GroveStreet
52 minutes ago, Coman said:

If so, I would be very happy :) But still, as you say, I’m looking very forward to some limitations on players and super duper mega structures on official PVE servers. Not server wide, but on each area.

Thx for the update 

It's hard to limit players to a certain amount of structures, as A) building cool bases is one of the reasons people play this game and B) people will just get around the limits the same way they get around tame slot limits. Instead, our team is looking at alternate ways to reduce the structure count and/or increase capacity on servers. I have nothing to announce yet, but I can tell you it's being looked at. 

1 hour ago, WarDrumJordan said:

It's hard to limit players to a certain amount of structures, as A) building cool bases is one of the reasons people play this game and B) people will just get around the limits the same way they get around tame slot limits. Instead, our team is looking at alternate ways to reduce the structure count and/or increase capacity on servers. I have nothing to announce yet, but I can tell you it's being looked at. 

It's funny Jordan because I was watching you respond to someone on Discord about rendering and pixels, etc. And I remembered how I watch my Note 8 trying to render my base as I fly in on my Quetz, full tilt, and imagine Michelangelo trying to hurry up and paint the Sistine chapel. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived