Clingy

Getting stuck on foundations and rocks

With the update to xbox one I've been constantly getting stuck on foundations and small rocks to the point of being unplayable. I have tried many fixes for the this type of glitch such as dying and respawning or fast traveling I even reinstalled the whole game with no good results. I hope this is something that can be looked into immediately and fixed.

Having the same issue as well. It’s every time I leave off a foundation I get stuck. My character floats and 9 times out of 10 after a few seconds I’ll get unstuck. But there are some times where I’m stuck indefinitely.

i have tried dying, reinstalling, I tried different Types of foundations. In order to leave my base I have to jump out

When I walk around the map or just around my base, randomly, I find myself stuck on a tiny patch of rocks, or at the corner of my base (where 2 walls and a foundation meet). I am unable to move and the only thing I can do is mash my buttons together and hope for the best. Sometimes it takes a while for me to be ‘unstuck’ and sometimes it happens quickly. I’m not sure if anyone else is experiencing this (or if it is just me) and if it only happens on console. It’s a real time waster and hopefully it gets fixed soon.

And here I thought I was the only one. Yeah, I’ve noticed this problem, playing single player on Xbox as well, on both the Island and Scorched Earth (the only maps that I’ve played since that last update). It seems like connecting ramps to the foundations that I would typically just walk off gets rid of the problem with the foundations. At least it does for me. The rocks are a pain though. Most of the time since the update I’ve been working on a desert base next to the World Scar on Scorched Earth, so at least I’m not getting stuck on too many rocks.

Devs. If it’s not too much trouble; PLEASE FIX SOON!

We have the same problem on PS4. One way to get unstuck quickly is to use the 'Fly' command. So far that has worked for me every time.

I assume the 'Ghost' command would work also, but haven't tried it. (To scared, last time I used that command I accidentally touched water while Ghosting and, for some reason, I lost control of my character and I fell through the map and died).

But if someone else wants to see if 'Ghost' frees you, please share the results.

8 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

But if someone else wants to see if 'Ghost' frees you, please share the results.

That’s one thing I forgot to mention. I did use the ‘Ghost’ command; which worked, but I didn’t find it worth the time to enter both “Ghost” and “Walk” (unless I was being attacked by a wild dino).

The other thing I noticed was that I was able to get out by hopping on a nearby mount. Obviously that’s not always a viable option; but when it is, it’s proven to be the easiest and fastest escape for me.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:27 PM, Clingy said:

With the update to xbox one I've been constantly getting stuck on foundations and small rocks to the point of being unplayable. I have tried many fixes for the this type of glitch such as dying and respawning or fast traveling I even reinstalled the whole game with no good results. I hope this is something that can be looked into immediately and fixed.

I've had this happen to me with foundations, the only way I've been able to fix it is by demolishing the foundation of it's owned by the tribe. Hope this helps.