Liopleurodon

NoahTheGoat666

On PvE, Easy I see them at least once a week. Believe it or not I once saw 2, definitely not the same, just a little ways from each other.

There are no loot crates in the sea on mobile that I've ever heard of so I see no use for it right now.

I tamed one once, just so I could say that I have tamed everything tameable in the ocean (I have). It did nothing for me. The really weird thing is that after it vanished my survivor had that weird sparkle around him for several minutes.

But no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

ARK Survival Evolved_2019-01-05-15-21-47.jpg

ARK Survival Evolved_2019-01-05-15-23-30.jpg

ARK Survival Evolved_2019-01-05-15-28-46.jpg

1 hour ago, Bush84 said:

Maybe it’s a single vs multi thing. I’ve circled the island multiple times and have never seen one. I’ve killed alpha mosa.  Tueso seems a bit difficult as well. Only seen a few low levels. Haven’t spent a ton of time there however. 

I saw one randomly while testing out the spino tlc in the ocean.

I have seen them in pve and pvx. One of my tribemates tamed on in PvE and we tried to get an artifact in time, but missed it by about a minute.   You get a bonus for turning in artifacts and getting loot boxes, but there is a fast timer on it, I think 5, 10 or 15 minutes.  It would be best to have an artifact before you tame, then turn in quickly and try to do a cave with loot drops.

1 hour ago, docredduke10 said:

I have seen them in pve and pvx. One of my tribemates tamed on in PvE and we tried to get an artifact in time, but missed it by about a minute.   You get a bonus for turning in artifacts and getting loot boxes, but there is a fast timer on it, I think 5, 10 or 15 minutes.  It would be best to have an artifact before you tame, then turn in quickly and try to do a cave with loot drops.

Really? So if I had, say, the Artifact of the Atrong, tamed a Lieuplorodon,  I should get a better reward if I ran and tributed the artifact while it's still tamed?

I think when you ride it the magic sparkles get on you and then you have a certain amount of time after you get off the Lieuplorodon to turn in artifact or get loot box.  So, I think, more that one can get on it and get bonus.  But it is only tamed for a certain period of time, and the magic sparkle only lasts a certain amount of time.  Both of the times I have seen it have been in the southern waters, mid-depth.

16 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

I think when you ride it the magic sparkles get on you and then you have a certain amount of time after you get off the Lieuplorodon to turn in artifact or get loot box.  So, I think, more that one can get on it and get bonus.  But it is only tamed for a certain period of time, and the magic sparkle only lasts a certain amount of time.  Both of the times I have seen it have been in the southern waters, mid-depth.

Awesome! I see them often. I'll definitely have to try this! Thanks!

16 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

Have you ever seen the big fish dino that gives the eerie candy bp when caught.  I have searched for hours and not found that one.

Leedsichthys. Yep. I've never bothered to catch one for the bp yet, but I've seen many of them. (I spend lots of time in the ocean.)

If you can make a pen somehow and trap one there you can go scrape it for fish meat several times a day. Pretty nice.

1 hour ago, gorefangs said:

Is the wiki right you can catch with unicorn poop??

Here I've been eating it making stationary and handing it out like it's Halloween...

With dodo arrows this will be cake to entrap wild.

You catch with unicorn residue/poop.

You will need a lot of unicorn residue to make eery candy and to catch.  I would place compost bins in base and on a boat to store it, and take unicorn on boat with you if possible.  It took my tribe around 12 tries to catch one before someone was perfect.

No need for dodo feathers, as it never went far.  I had to move the boat once during those 12 attempts.

It still takes amber to make the erry candy, just not as much as in store.

Archived